☠️ Mike Leach Appreciation Thread

Stoney

If you need a little pick me up after this weekend look up Leach's press conference this weekend. He talks about Tech QBs that couldn't throw a shovel pass. Aliens and his belief in Creationism. Holding out hope for Bigfoot bones.

Where do you think Tech would be right now if all that #### didn't go down?

Similar to Okie State... on the border of being elite, occasionally upsetting the bluebloods, and in the running for a Big XII title each year.

Where do you think Tech would be right now if all that #### didn't go down?

I would guess, a contender once every 3-4 seasons and a team that could upset the best any given year. Basically the same as Washington St... They could easily beat USC and lose to the worst PAC12 team any season...

Similar to Okie State... on the border of being elite, occasionally upsetting the bluebloods, and in the running for a Big XII title each year.

That's what I was thinking as well.

I would guess, a contender once every 3-4 seasons and a team that could upset the best any given year. Basically the same as Washington St... They could easily beat USC and lose to the worst PAC12 team any season...

I would think he could bring in a better defense than KK has been since he's been there.

That's what I was thinking as well.

I would think he could bring in a better defense than KK has been since he's been there.

That's why I said a big name blue blood. They would give him the support to hire a good staff. Recruiting to Lubbock isn't easy I would imagine.

That's why I said a big name blue blood. They would give him the support to hire a good staff. Recruiting to Lubbock isn't easy I would imagine.

It's definitely not. And after living there for a couple years I can see why lol. With the offensive power they have I still can't figure why they can't get a defense though...

When asked about one of his lineman's performance against Boise State:

"Okay if there was a fight to the death ... and there were no rules whatsoever to be applied. So you pick out whoever happens to be your favorite of our offensive line, whoever you thinks the toughest. Now, whoever’s the softest of that Boise State d-Line. You bring him in ... all that’s going to left of our offensive lineman is a grease spot in the end. Because that Boise State d-lineman will smoke our offensive lineman so bad, it will be embarrassing."
This man is a national treasure.
  • Like 2

I saw a interview with Lincoln Riley talking about working for Leach as a GA. Said he got a call in the office one time, talked over an hour...got disconnected. Called the number back and talked to the person another 40 plus minutes about total crazy stuff like the presser...all over the map. When he got off the phone, Riley said, "Coach, who was that?" Leach says, "Wrong number!"

NO LIE!!!

Whack

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Must be so long ago he played inside War Memorial cause that dump is quiet now. I rather all home games be in Fayetteville. Allen HS almost has more fans inside its palace on a Friday Night than we do at War Memorial.

• Mr. P changed the title to ☠️ Mike Leach Appreciation Thread