☠️ Mike Leach Appreciation Thread

Stoney

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, Mike Leach is one of the top 10 coaches in college football. He is a absolute savage. Will not take his foot off the gas, has a absolute addiction to scoring touchdowns and knows who he is as a coach and doesn’t strive from it. He doesn’t try to be what he’s not. He will tell you, I don’t care about defense, I care about scoring more points than the other team. I admire him. He’s honest and motivated. 

Mike Leach is the PERFECT coach for a team like Texas tech or Washington st. A team that will never recruit elite level talent, but can get just enough guys to run his system and win 9 games a year with a 11-12 win season every 6-10 years. I am a firm believer he will never win championships because of his defenses, but he’s a very good coach that can transition you to being a fringe top 25 team year in and year out. 

• Like 1

Just now, playactionpass39 said:

Not sure, but he would bring the university of Arkansas back to respectability in a hurry. 

Don't think the Air Raid would win an SEC Championship in the near future, but they would be fun to watch and they would be competitive quickly.

Right now, Arkansans would be happy with consistent 8 win seasons.  

Also under Bilema, Arkansas has had the 2nd WORST conference record out of all SEC TEAMS!!!

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Right now, Arkansans would be happy with consistent 8 win seasons.  

Also under Bilema, Arkansas has had the 2nd WORST conference record out of all SEC TEAMS!!!

Very, very true.

His style of Offense is much more conducive to the type of Athletes that the state of Arkansas has to offer as well.

Many think of Arkansas as a backwoods, bastion of Rednecks with a bunch of big ole strapping Country Boys around every turn. And even though there is a lot of that in the rural parts of the state, there are really more Athletes in the the state than many realize. There are a large number of kids who Bielema missed on because of his style of Offense. Petrino proved that the uptempo, pass happy style is conducive to what Arkansas has to offer.

• Like 2

Arkansas has not had a QB problem in a long time... they have always had RBs... they always lacked depth... under Bilema, they lost who they were.  He actually had a decent balance in year 2, but went away from it back to run run run...  

i don’t think this is a glamour job.  This is one where you go and grind out 8 wins and jump at the next big job calling.

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Arkansas has not had a QB problem in a long time... they have always had RBs... they always lacked depth... under Bilema, they lost who they were.  He actually had a decent balance in year 2, but went away from it back to run run run...  

i don’t think this is a glamour job.  This is one where you go and grind out 8 wins and jump at the next big job calling.

I agree with it not being a Glamour Job right now, but I disagree with the jump at the next big job sentiment.

If they get the right person, with an offensive and defensive philosophy that is conducive to the athletes in the state of Arkansas, this could be a great job. The University of Arkansas is the ONLY show in town, the Razorbacks ARE the state  of Arkansas. Whoever they hire needs to get some coaches on staff who can recruit East Texas. When Arkansas was competing for SEC titles, they always had a sprinkling of East Texas players on their roster.   

48 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I agree with it not being a Glamour Job right now, but I disagree with the jump at the next big job sentiment.

If they get the right person, with an offensive and defensive philosophy that is conducive to the athletes in the state of Arkansas, this could be a great job. The University of Arkansas is the ONLY show in town, the Razorbacks ARE the state  of Arkansas. Whoever they hire needs to get some coaches on staff who can recruit East Texas. When Arkansas was competing for SEC titles, they always had a sprinkling of East Texas players on their roster.   

Bingo! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Mr. P changed the title to ☠️ Mike Leach Appreciation Thread