Week 3 - Carthage @ Whitehouse

PantherNation2015

My thoughts after two weeks Gilmer is really good Carthage is also...lol

We had our chances in both couldn't capitalize.. who ever can match them talent wise and make less mistakes can win...

LE out talented Gilmer by far, I say it every time Gilmer plays LE if we had yalls atheletes it wouldn't be close

The bad news for Carthage is that the Bulldogs won't score as many points this week as they did in their first two games. And they probably won't score as many points this week as they will next week against Gilmer.

The good news is that Whitehouse isn't as good on offense as they are on defense. The Bulldogs should prevail again Friday night.

Prediction: CHS 30, WHS 21

The bad news for Carthage is that the Bulldogs won't score as many points this week as they did in their first two games. And they probably won't score as many points this week as they will next week against Gilmer.

The good news is that Whitehouse isn't as good on offense as they are on defense. The Bulldogs should prevail again Friday night.

I agree. I could even see a 1 score game. 27-20 Dawgs.

To be honest we need another hard fought game. We need to face a defense that will be tough to run on and will force us to further develop our passing game. We need to face some DB's with speed that can push our young QB into making better decisions. We need to face an offense with big O lineman and some good RB's and WR's. We are in a tough stretch of games where each week the competition is tougher and the stakes are higher. Whitehouse, Gilmer, Henderson and Kilgore. If the Dawgs can make it through that stretch relatively injury free with improvement each week we are going to be a tough draw come playoff time.

To be honest we need another hard fought game. We need to face a defense that will be tough to run on and will force us to further develop our passing game. We need to face some DB's with speed that can push our young QB into making better decisions. We need to face an offense with big O lineman and some good RB's and WR's. We are in a tough stretch of games where each week the competition is tougher and the stakes are higher. Whitehouse, Gilmer, Henderson and Kilgore. If the Dawgs can make it through that stretch relatively injury free with improvement each week we are going to be a tough draw come playoff time.

3-1 and improving every week is perfectly acceptable through this 4 game stretch. I don't think the Dawgs will be tested again after these 4 games until atleast the 2nd week of the playoffs. Plenty of time to fine tune everything.

As BulldogBacker12 has pointed out, Carthage-Whitehouse was selected last month by etsn.fm as the 6th best game in East Texas this season. I find it interesting that the Carthage-Gilmer game, which takes place Saturday week, wasn't ranked as high. It was (only) #10.

Consider the source.

As BulldogBacker12 has pointed out, Carthage-Whitehouse was selected last month by etsn.fm as the 6th best game in East Texas this season. I find it interesting that the Carthage-Gilmer game, which takes place Saturday week, wasn't ranked as high. It was (only) #10.

They are just trying to spread the love around to other schools in the area.

http://etsn.fm/preview-no-1-carthage-faces-stout-whitehouse-defense/

Whithouse D-Line is huge. I'm not sure Carthage will be able to get their run game going against that front. Look for Capps to have a big game. The more I look at this game, I think this might be our biggest test in pre-district games. No offense to LE or Gilmer, but Whitehouse has double the enrollment and a huge D-Line. Let's see what the Carthage O-Line can do. I think there is a chance for a mini-upset this week. Just being honest. Only question is can WH offense score? They had a very hard time last year, and Carthage D is improved from a year ago.

http://etsn.fm/preview-no-1-carthage-faces-stout-whitehouse-defense/

Whithouse D-Line is huge. I'm not sure Carthage will be able to get their run game going against that front. Look for Capps to have a big game. The more I look at this game, I think this might be our biggest test in pre-district games. No offense to LE or Gilmer, but Whitehouse has double the enrollment and a huge D-Line. Let's see what the Carthage O-Line can do. I think there is a chance for a mini-upset this week. Just being honest. Only question is can WH offense score? They had a very hard time last year, and Carthage D is improved from a year ago.

Whitehouse D will be good, but they have given up some big running plays for TD's this year. I expect them to be tough to run on inside, but I believe we will have some success over tackles especially if we can bounce outside. Will be a good test for our O-line. Carthage TE and FB blocking will need to be at a high level this week. Carthage will have success through the air which will help with the rushing attack in 2nd half. D Ingram, Bowens and Colbert will prove too much for WH secondary. 250 yards in the air and 150 yards on the ground. Dawgs win!

Whitehouse D will be good, but they have given up some big running plays for TD's this year. I expect them to be tough to run on inside, but I believe we will have some success over tackles especially if we can bounce outside. Will be a good test for our O-line. Carthage TE and FB blocking will need to be at a high level this week. Carthage will have success through the air which will help with the rushing attack in 2nd half. D Ingram, Bowens and Colbert will prove too much for WH secondary. 250 yards in the air and 150 yards on the ground. Dawgs win!

+1