Lovelady Lions (1-1) at Joaquin Rams 1-1 Round 3

trueblue82

Who takes this one?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Lions?

Last year, in week 3 at Lovelady, the Lions held off a Ram comeback by stopping a 2 point conversion attempt with 1:28 left in the game to preserve a 21-20 victory. Eight weeks later in the bi-district playoff at Bullard, the Lions showed that they had improved much more than the Rams did over the course of the season, taking control on their opening drive and pounding their way to a 33-16 win. Now the series moves to Ram Stadium, with both teams coming in with 1-1 records, having notched their first win of the season this past Friday. The Rams pounded Maud 58-7, while the Lions man handled Anderson-Shiro 38-20. Who gets the W this time?

I think the score was 36-8 LL last night. At least it was with 4:00 minutes left and we had the ball. We will need to clean up some turnovers. But we looked better last night still have a ways to go. I'm not sure how this one goes this year but I hope it's as good of a game as last years

Considering we went 2-0 vs your Injuns in '14-'15, and you wouldn't renew the series, you might want to keep it down. But since you brought it up, did you buy SA a Fathers Day present this year?

RedNation, bud you need to comeback and at least acknowledge that Walmart was out of cards or something. But above all that, the one thing you better do, from now on, is use the word "SIR" after any and all comments you make toward trueblue82!!!! Blue, that was a classic.

I have spent some time looking at film and the more I watch, doesn't make what I see any better. We will have our hands full and then some. I saw a lot of positive things happen between week 1 and week 2 which is encouraging. We are a work in progress but progress is being made. On offense, we absolutely have to win some battles on the one on one matchups outside. And the most obvious and most difficult is, our DL cant get blown off the ball. I think my Lions will find out a lot about themselves this week! Wish I could be there but I'll be out West pulling for my Horns to pull the upset against USC!!!!! Keep me posted fellas! Go LIONS and HOOKEM!!!

I have spent some time looking at film and the more I watch, doesn't make what I see any better. We will have our hands full and then some. I saw a lot of positive things happen between week 1 and week 2 which is encouraging. We are a work in progress but progress is being made. On offense, we absolutely have to win some battles on the one on one matchups outside. And the most obvious and most difficult is, our DL cant get blown off the ball. I think my Lions will find out a lot about themselves this week! Wish I could be there but I'll be out West pulling for my Horns to pull the upset against USC!!!!! Keep me posted fellas! Go LIONS and HOOKEM!!!

Enjoy LA. Did I ever tell you I was born there? (Lower Alabama actually). I'll send you some pics of my plate at the tailgate party.
  • Like 1

I simply copied and pasted what Lambo said about us and San Augustine in the District 11-2A thread. Last year Joaquin lost to Lovelady 21-20 and 33-16 and Groveton lost to San Augustine 58-54 & 35-34. Joaquin beat San Augustine easily and Groveton beat Lovelady easily. Same scenario right? If not, please explain.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, we're not your DADDY, we're your ultra-cool uncle? I'm good with that!

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, we're not your DADDY, we're your ultra-cool uncle? I'm good with that!

Doesn't really make sense, but I'm sure you'll get a rise out of your followers. Really hoping we meet Round 1 since we were too scared to keep you on the schedule. You do realize every team we played last year in non district, except for Grapeland, had a better record than Joaquin or went farther than Joaquin in the playoffs right?

Doesn't really make sense, but I'm sure you'll get a rise out of your followers. Really hoping we meet Round 1 since we were too scared to keep you on the schedule. You do realize every team we played last year in non district, except for Grapeland, had a better record than Joaquin or went farther than Joaquin in the playoffs right?

So what are you getting at? Football is about individual matchups. I can see us matching up pretty well with Groveton. I think it would be a very good game. But you only have yourself to blame for this can of worms you opened with your"DADDY" post. As of right now, Groveton isn't on our radar. We're concerned with one team, and that's Lovelady. We'll wait till Round 1 to worry about playoff opponents.

I copy and pasted an exact statement a Joaquin poster said about us just to show you how ignorant it was. That's all it was. My real opinion on this game is that it will not be close. If Lovelady lost to Grapeland then that means they aren't very good this year, end of discussion.

You can't take anything Lambo says seriously. He's the Joaquin version of Forrest Gump, minus the speed.