Week Four: Longview at Mesquite Horn

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-0) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-1)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a blow out

Defensive? Let's see, the last time I checked you're the one that's doing all of the defending. But, that's alright, though. You see, when I told you to quit talking/typing to me a few posts ago, this would have went south real, quick in a setting other than the comfort and safety confines behind that keyboard of yours.

And, owned me??? Okay. You act just like a garden tool and the shovel isn't it. You think your synopsis about a said player's future is gold and anyone questioning your proclamation knows nothing about football. If, I want to know how to burn through a family size bottle of Jergen's hand lotion, I'll come seek your expertise. But, considering the only two pieces of the football uniform you can actually identify with is the game worn jockstrap and kneepads, I'll make sure to steer clear of you.

I was listening to one of my favorite artists by the name of, Z-Ro. He has a fairly new album out called, "No Love Boulevard", I want to specifically dedicate the title and track #6 to you as it epitomizes you to the fullest and I find it to be a thoughtful gesture on my behalf. Enjoy!

#6 huh...lol.....wow

I was listening to one of my favorite artists by the name of, Z-Ro. He has a fairly new album out called, "No Love Boulevard", I want to specifically dedicate the title and track #6 to you as it epitomizes you to the fullest and I find it to be a thoughtful gesture on my behalf. Enjoy!

Dang.

Your views on Lobo football are awful but I had no idea your music taste was even worse.

Don't get me wrong, I came up on Z-Ro but the least you could've done was reference a song on one of his more classic projects.

"Let the truth be told", "I'm Still Livin'", "Life of Joseph McVey", "King of da Ghetto", "Crack", "Cocaine". This was real Z-ro.

"No Love Boulevard". Lol. Was fun engaging with ya though man!

Beat Horn. Longview by 10.

I want a Lobo Football podcast hosted by Randy Johnson, with Quick and Anti as commentators.

ymdcJq1.gif

Now THAT would probably be fun...LOL !

There's no doubt I'd have to play Mediator and/or Referee with those two.

It would be a trifecta of Old School Lobo (myself) and two younger wolf pups (them). There would definitely be no shortage of laughs AND nashing of teeth commiserating personnel decisions by "you know who" amongst other Lobo topics !

We should try to get this done...what the hey ! Tongue planted firmly in cheek ! Ha !

• Like 1

There's no doubt I'd have to play Mediator and/or Referee with those two.

You should ask Quick the first question.

And it should go as followed:

"According to you, King's generation of players are only content with winning district or don't care about winning. If this is true, then what were Bero's generation of players content with since they didn't accomplish even half of what King's players have?"

• Like 1

163.2 rating (21-for-37 351yds 3tds 0int, 18yds rushing): Jordan Lawson

140.1 rating (7-for-16 168yds 1td 1int, 37yds rushing): Haynes King

107.2 rating (5-for-10 68yds 0td 0int, 32yds rushing 3td): A'darius Carter

Not trying to sway anyone either way. Just those are the numbers through three games.

Combine all three QBs: 33-for-63 587yds 4tds 1int (148.5 rating)

I don't think you can even begin to compare the three QB's with this type of QB rating system.

Lawson has started 2 of 3 games so far and he should have the greater stat line. He's started off roughly half of the grand total of all possessions​ (15-30) with practically all during "crunch" time...first half early game snaps.

Meanwhile, Haynes King has only appeared for one first half possession ( three snaps vs. Marshall). The rushing total you have listed for him isn't even correct as he reeled off a 39 yard run last week against SOC plus a long run vs. Marshall. So his rushing yardage total is closer to 80 than the 37 yards shown above.

IF (and it's a pretty big IF) HK were to get in a game early we can possibly see the advantage of his contribution escalate because he brings a dimension that will open up the Lobo offense with his ability to break a big run, make any required pass play and aid the power run game that will always be a John King staple.

QB rating stats don't truly mean much when viewing this comparison as it's​ not a level "playing field" deal.

• Like 1

I don't think you can even begin to compare the three QB's with this type of QB rating system.

Lawson has started 2 of 3 games so far and he should have the greater stat line. He's started off roughly half of the grand total of all possessions​ (15-30) with practically all during "crunch" time...first half early game snaps.

Meanwhile, Haynes King has only appeared for one first half possession ( three snaps vs. Marshall). The rushing total you have listed for him isn't even correct as he reeled off a 39 yard run last week against SOC plus a long gainer (37 yarder) vs. Marshall. So his rushing yardage total is closer to 80 than the 37 yards shown above.

IF (and it's a pretty big IF) HK were to get in a game early we can possibly see the advantage of his contribution escalate because he brings a dimension that will open up the Lobo offense with his ability to break a big run, make any required pass play and aid the power run game that will always be a John King staple.

QB rating stats don't truly mean much when viewing this comparison as it's​ not a level "playing field" deal.

Has there been a starter announcement for the game tonight. ?

GoLee...

No QB starter named as of yet that I'm aware of.

This has typically been a virtual "game time" decision by the head coach.

I (like practically everyone else) is hoping for the Sophomore but if I had to guess it will be the senior.

We shall see...

GoLee...

No QB starter named as of yet that I'm aware of.

This has typically been a virtual "game time" decision by the head coach.

I (like practically everyone else) is hoping for the Sophomore but if I had to guess it will be the senior.

We shall see...

Smart coach when he has played 3. Let Horn figure that out tonight. Good luck Bo's

Meanwhile, Haynes King has only appeared for one first half possession ( three snaps vs. Marshall). The rushing total you have listed for him isn't even correct as he reeled off a 39 yard run last week against SOC plus a long run vs. Marshall. So his rushing yardage total is closer to 80 than the 37 yards shown above.

It's classic example of eye test > analytics.

Kessler

He's a definite weapon and certainly not afraid to attack on kick off returns. I think he takes it personally when doesn't put the ball deep into the endzone...lol !

I find it interesting that he's only received two offers so far. I think that changes as this season progresses.

• Like 1