Week Four: Longview at Mesquite Horn

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-0) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-1)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a blow out

I know y'all are super excited but, he still has to hoe his own row instead of y'all trying to row it for him.

What?

Haynes has more than proved himself. Maybe yall have only see him throw a ball the past 3 weeks but some of us have been following him for some time and knows how great he is and will be.

Spring ball, summer 7 on 7, camps and combines...alot has factored into the HK optimism. Not just the past 3 weeks. Not hard to see that he is clearly capable and ready to play at a high level.

It's actually pretty easy to see but I guess not everyone knows talent when they see it.

I will say one thing that I guess has actually hurt HK and AC in QB PT is they've also proven to be great wideouts.

What?

Haynes has more than proved himself. Maybe yall have only see him throw a ball the past 3 weeks but some of us have been following him for some time and knows how great he is and will be.

Spring ball, summer 7 on 7, camps and combines...alot has factored into the HK optimism. Not just the past 3 weeks. Not hard to see that he is clearly capable and ready to play at a high level.

It's actually pretty easy to see but I guess not everyone knows talent when they see it.

I will say one thing that I guess has actually hurt HK and AC in QB PT is they've also proven to be great wideouts.

7 on 7, Camps, Combines, etc. DO NOT automatically equate to success when you put on your helmet, mouthpiece, chinstrap, shoulder pads, (squeezing the Jersey around the shoulder pads), butt pad, jock strap, football pants, belt, looping the belt through the hips and butt pads, thigh pads, knee pads (quite sure you know what the knee pads are by now) socks and cleats and God forbid he is a diva and has to be wrapped in tape like a mummy on game day and has all this other fancy gear on. Imagine ALL of that on in the heat and throwing it when you got a 6'3" 345 lb. D-Lineman that runs a 4.7 and bench presses about 450lbs. IN YOUR FACE!!!

I had this same argument with my oh-so stupid friend from Daingerfield who swore up and down that JEFFERSON of all teams took Longview to the woodshed in 7 on 7 football several weeks ago and CLAIMED that Longview wanted to get into a fist-fight (which is probably true regarding the fighting, just saying) and that JEFFERSON would beat the brakes off of us in a REAL GAME. SMDH.... I know, I know. But, I digress with him. He has a NATURAL hatred for Longview as do most of the small schools for some odd reason.

Anyway, it just doesn't equate. It's a whole 'nother animal when the pads go on and Haynes King hasn't proven Jack at the varsity level except that he has on a hunter green uniform like the rest of his teammates. Aaron Johnson, Joel Armstrong, Carlin Freeman and even Chumley have proven themselves. You don't get credit for being good at the Nike combine. Ask JaMychal Hasty at Baylor about that. The only thing that matters from THIS point forward is what you do or don't do on that gridiron.

7 on 7, Camps, Combines, etc. DO NOT automatically equate to success

Who said it ALWAYS does?

Of course there are few exceptions but when you have off season work ethic AND the work ethic on the field, like Haynes, you're going to be successful 100% of the time. Sure as hell beats sitting on the couch all summer doing nothing.

Not hard to see the talent he has. He's more than proven his worth. When he owns every Longview passing record in the book in 2 years and goes on to play D1 ball, I'll be here to say I told you so.

Just like Freshmen RB Kaden Meredith. I know he will be great in a few years because I pay attention to his work ethic on the field and in the off-season.

See, you have trouble seeing the upside in players. The potential in players. It's easy to sit back and say a player is good after the results, but only real football minds knew the potential of the player from the jump.

Anyway, it just doesn't equate. It's a whole 'nother animal when the pads go on and Haynes King hasn't proven Jack at the varsity level except that he has on a hunter green uniform like the rest of his teammates. Aaron Johnson, Joel Armstrong, Carlin Freeman and even Chumley have proven themselves. You don't get credit for being good at the Nike combine. Ask JaMychal Hasty at Baylor about that. The only thing that matters from THIS point forward is what you do or don't do on that gridiron.

You realize every single player you named had work ethic in off-season AND on the field, right? Hell Hasty got MVP at several combines and became a 4* from these same combines more so than what he did on the field. Still was a great player. But keep thinking off-season work ethic doesn't matter what so ever.

(quite sure you know what the knee pads are by now)

Unsure of what you're attempting to get at.

But yes, I know what knee pads are. Question is do you?

Bero folks don't appear to be too bright and certainly cannot give a lecture on winning.

163.2 rating (21-for-37 351yds 3tds 0int, 18yds rushing): Jordan Lawson

140.1 rating (7-for-16 168yds 1td 1int, 37yds rushing): Haynes King

107.2 rating (5-for-10 68yds 0td 0int, 32yds rushing 3td): A'darius Carter

Not trying to sway anyone either way. Just those are the numbers through three games.

Combine all three QBs: 33-for-63 587yds 4tds 1int (148.5 rating)

• Like 1

163.2 rating (21-for-37 351yds 3tds 0int, 18yds rushing): Jordan Lawson
140.1 rating (7-for-16 168yds 1td 1int, 37yds rushing): Haynes King
107.2 rating (5-for-10 68yds 0td 0int, 32yds rushing 3td): A'darius Carter
Not trying to sway anyone either way. Just those are the numbers through three games.
Combine all three QBs: 33-for-63 587yds 4tds 1int (148.5 rating)

I have looked at some highlights of both QBs. I don't think Lawson is a bad as many say, at the same time you can see the upside of the soph. If King gets up to about 6'2 he could possibly play QB at the next level.

I think what coach King is doing is bringing him along slowly, which may be the right call at the end of the day.

I have looked at some highlights of both QBs. I don't think Lawson is a bad as many say, at the same time you can see the upside of the soph. If King gets up to about 6'2 he could possibly play QB at the next level.

Think HK has reached 6'3.

I also think you're looking at what's on paper instead of actually seeing Lawson play. Paper is certainly deceiving in this case and everyone who has seen him play would agree. Just doesn't make great throws mainly because he's undersized for the position. I mean sure those high wobbly passes could fly against SOC and Marshall but against better teams, I doubt it. See the Lufkin game. There's also other hazards like batted down balls at the line of scrimmage and snaps over the head due to height. It's happened every single week so far and will probably happen Friday.

I get it though, you JT fans are wanting Lawson to be the man so JT can have a better chance of beating us in a few weeks. Yall aren't fooling me. lol

• Like 1

I also think you're looking at what's on paper instead of actually seeing Lawson play. Paper is certainly deceiving in this case and everyone who has seen him play would agree. Just doesn't make great throws mainly because he's undersized for the position. I mean sure those high wobbly passes could fly against SOC and Marshall but against better teams, I doubt it. See the Lufkin game. There's also other hazards like batted down balls at the line of scrimmage and snaps over the head due to height. It's happened every single week so far and will probably happen Friday.

I get it though, you JT fans are wanting Lawson to be the man so JT can have a better chance of beating us in a few weeks. Yall aren't fooling me. lol

You know us well don't you lol ;) jk

Man, he already 6'3. Wow. I looked at film of King and Lawson from the SOC game. I thought Lawson made some good intermediate passes, but you can see that King arm is stronger. And King upside is great. I didn't know he was that fast and mobile either. By the way coach is playing them, it looks like he is bringing him up slowly.

And to be honest, I don't know if JT would be favored to beat you guys with either QBs...lol.

Lol, plan B!, CK. Lol

Man, he already 6'3. Wow. I looked at film of King and Lawson from the SOC game. I thought Lawson made some good intermediate passes, but you can see that King arm is stronger. And King upside is great. I didn't know he was that fast and mobile either. By the way coach is playing them, it looks like he is bringing him up slowly.

And to be honest, I don't know if JT would be favored to beat you guys with either QBs...lol.

l agree. Lobos

I finally saw that pass that Jaylin took the distance in the first half.

My goodness. Horrendous pass but one of the better TEs in the state just making a play.

I think it is what it is at this point. I don't understand why HCJK sees in Lawson at the QB position at all, and I don't think I ever will.

First of all...I want to convey that my intentions have not been meant demean or slight any Lobo player as a JT fan alluded to earlier. Any criticism has been only for the head coach within the QB discussion.

It's obvious that there's a simple choice as to whom should be taking more snaps that will enable Longview to become more efficient offensively especially as it pertains to the current state of affairs that it now faces with several key injuries.

The things Haynes King can do not only with his passing ability but with his legs as well are difference makers.

At 6'3" 170, King can make just about any throw that college recruiters look for at the next level. That's not an exaggeration either. He has sprinters speed as evidenced by running on the 4x400 in track. No hyperbole intended from anyone as it's the fact that he's been groomed for this practically his whole life.

Will he make mistakes, that's probable but he also has the intangibles that can alleviate the burden of losing the top RB and a couple of OL.

Lawson is highly favored because he's a Senior leader and a definite gamer. There's no doubt he can contribute for the offense as a slot receiver or wingback. He'll be there to be the QB if there's a need.

The Lobos will benefit from this point forward if Haynes is given the keys. It's the best decision for the team to gain an offensive identity. Just the honest truth.

We shall see !

I finally saw that pass that Jaylin took the distance in the first half.

My goodness. Horrendous pass but one of the better TEs in the state just making a play.

I think it is what it is at this point. I don't understand why HCJK sees in Lawson at the QB position at all, and I don't think I ever will.

You ain't seen horrendous yet...lol

Check out the Daquavion Randall jump ball. You can't tell me this isn't an INT against a JT/Rockwall/Horn. Play starts at :40.

http://www.hudl.com/v/27vSv6

Reason why I say Longview is fortunate to have great pass catchers this year. Lawson is as good as they are. But HK makes everyone around him better. That's the difference. Now I'd love nothing more than for Lawson to turn the corner. In fact I'm a big fan of undersized productive players and some of the best to come through Longview have been undersized but...yeah. As of now, our best QB is not on the field.

First of all...I want to convey that my intentions have not been meant demean or slight any Lobo player as a JT fan alluded to earlier. Any criticism has been only for the head coach within the QB discussion.

It's obvious that there's a simple choice as to whom should be taking more snaps that will enable Longview to become more efficient offensively especially as it pertains to the current state of affairs that it now faces with several key injuries.

The things Haynes King can do not only with his passing ability but with his legs as well are difference makers.

At 6'3" 170, King can make just about any throw that college recruiters look for at the next level. That's not an exaggeration either. He has sprinters speed as evidenced by running on the 4x400 in track. No hyperbole intended from anyone as it's the fact that he's been groomed for this practically his whole life.

Will he make mistakes, that's probable but he also has the intangibles that can alleviate the burden of losing the top RB and a couple of OL.

Lawson is highly favored because he's a Senior leader and a definite gamer. There's no doubt he can contribute for the offense as a slot receiver or wingback. He'll be there to be the QB if there's a need.

The Lobos will benefit from this point forward if Haynes is given the keys. It's the best decision for the team to gain an offensive identity. Just the honest truth.

We shall see !

Well said. +1

Who said it ALWAYS does?

Of course there are few exceptions but when you have off season work ethic AND the work ethic on the field, like Haynes, you're going to be successful 100% of the time. Sure as hell beats sitting on the couch all summer doing nothing.

Not hard to see the talent he has. He's more than proven his worth. When he owns every Longview passing record in the book in 2 years and goes on to play D1 ball, I'll be here to say I told you so.

Just like Freshmen RB Kaden Meredith. I know he will be great in a few years because I pay attention to his work ethic on the field and in the off-season.

See, you have trouble seeing the upside in players. The potential in players. It's easy to sit back and say a player is good after the results, but only real football minds knew the potential of the player from the jump.

(1.) So, I want you to explain to the Lobo fans and alumni How Haynes King (In Your Words), has PROVEN his worth. HOW?

(2.) Tell me how (In Your Words) you KNOW that the freshman RB Kaden Meredith will be great just based off of his work ethic? So, it's pretty safe to say that when it comes to Lobo football we really need to come seek you out because you got ALL the answers, right? I notice you got a lot of nut riders on here that co-sign on that bs you be talking about. If you have that much insight on the future, let me know what the Powerball numbers are for this week.

(3.) "You have trouble SEEING the upside in players. The potential in players." Man, why didn't you tell me you were my optometrist!!!??? I seriously didn't know. Wow!!! That's crazy because out of the 8 lines you asked me to read a few months ago you told me that I read line 7 out of both eyes individually perfectly. Just for the record, out of Vondrell McGee and Chris Ivory whom both had exemplary work ethics and upside, who was clearly the better back and who's currently in the N.F.L.? Let me guess, since (in your own words) you are a REAL FOOTBALL MIND, you already knew who was going pro, right?

You have a lot to learn regarding potential and reality. I am under the impression that you've never even put on a Lobo Uniform much less played a down of organized football to think that because and individual has 'X' amount of upside and work ethic that it automatically translates to success. Fred Talley had about as much upside as there ever was coming through Longview. I played with him every since we were in little league together. Fred signs a scholarship to the University of Arkansas and POLITICS came into play with another storied runningback from Arkansas in his same recruiting class named, Cedric Cobb who wasn't near the tailback that Fred was.

But, then Head Coach Houston Nutt played favors to the home state kid instead of Fred. Politics cost Fred Talley millions of dollars as he never received the exposure he was due and he ended up as an undrafted rookie for the Atlanta Falcons but, was put in with the 3rd string offensive line, fumbled twice against the Green Bay Packers and out of his own mouth to me over the phone was cut by then head coach, Dan Reeves. He never played another down in the N.F.L. even after I and several friends and family encouraged him to keep trying. He and Vondrell are just 2 of several athletes who personified the term, upside.

• Like 1

So, I want you to explain to the Lobo fans and alumni How Haynes King (In Your Words), has PROVEN his worth. HOW?

This a rhetorical question?

I don't answer questions with obvious answers, but I will give you some advice.

Actually go out and watch something. Pay attention for once. Analytics is cool and important but it isn't everything. Nothing compares to the eye test.

You do that, you answer your own question. If you do that and still cannot see what the rest of us see, that's on you.

This a rhetorical question?

I don't answer questions with obvious answers, but I will give you some advice.

Actually go out and watch something. Pay attention for once. Analytics is cool and important but it isn't everything. Nothing compares to the eye test.

You do that, you answer your own question. If you do that and still cannot see what the rest of us see, that's on you.

Why don't you answer the DIRECT question instead of deflecting because you really don't know. Why don't you that! I don't know what in the hell makes you think I haven't seen him in person. He's a difference maker for sure but, I don't see the game changer you are talking about. You want to see a game changer, go watch Converse Judson's quarterback rip Lake Travis a new butt hole.