Week Four: Longview at Mesquite Horn

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-0) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-1)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a blow out

The issue wasn't all on the linemen...new or not.

The senior TE and a couple of WR's moved early as well.

Whether it was simply a lack of focus, concentration or otherwise...seven false starts in one half is totally unacceptable...would you not agree ?

Look I'm not meaning to be negative but more than say two or even three in an entire game is too many at any level of football...point blank !

Yeah seven in a half is unreal. Can't give away free yardage and get behind the eight ball like that.

I will say that as someone who played with Vondrell McGee and Chris Ivory, I personally thought Ivory was the better player. Vondrell was quick and had some great runs, but so did Ivory when he got the ball. Vondrell also had future NFLers blocking for him at LT and FB. Ivory only had the LT Williams. He ran a 40 time only .01 slower than Vondrell, yet he had the height and size of an NFL back in HS. And his work ethic WAS much higher than that of Vondrell who played around a lot in practice. I remember against Evangel he had one run that was unbelievable... Just kept powering his legs and ran through and over some fools and I thought "Man... HE'S a back..." He had unbelievable strength.

Had Vondrell not had such off the field issues which led to his dismissal at Texas, he might have gone pro too.

You want to see a game changer, go watch Converse Judson's quarterback rip Lake Travis a new butt hole.

Julon Williams.

YOU'RE just now seeing how good he is, but those of us who pay attention knew of Williams potential long ago. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Dude has been starting for Judson since he was a freshmen, yet you're just now acknowledging his greatness.

That's cause you don't see potential in players or know talent when you see it. Must be side effects of coming up in Bero's era.

Funny though you criticize King for doing the exact same thing you're doing now, overlooking talent.

I will say that as someone who played with Vondrell McGee and Chris Ivory, I personally thought Ivory was the better player. Vondrell was quick and had some great runs, but so did Ivory when he got the ball. Vondrell also had future NFLers blocking for him at LT and FB. Ivory only had the LT Williams. He ran a 40 time only .01 slower than Vondrell, yet he had the height and size of an NFL back in HS. And his work ethic WAS much higher than that of Vondrell who played around a lot in practice. I remember against Evangel he had one run that was unbelievable... Just kept powering his legs and ran through and over some fools and I thought "Man... HE'S a back..." He had unbelievable strength.

Had Vondrell not had such off the field issues which led to his dismissal at Texas, he might have gone pro too.

I hear ya. Ivory was a beast.

But to be honest the only reason most people go back and say he was better than Vondrell is simply because he made it pro. In terms of HS, Vondrell > Ivory without a doubt.

Just like Aaron Johnson and Pete Robertson. Think we could all agree AJ was the better player in HS, but who made it to the league?

VM should've went to LSU or Oklahoma St. Going to UT was bad timing with who all they had in the backfield at the time.

Julon Williams.

YOU'RE just now seeing how good he is, but those of us who pay attention knew of Williams potential long ago. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Dude has been starting for Judson since he was a freshmen, yet you're just now acknowledging his greatness.

That's cause you don't see potential in players or know talent when you see it. Must be side effects of coming up in Bero's era.

Funny though you criticize King for doing the exact same thing you're doing now, overlooking talent.

Man, just shut the hell up! You DON'T know jack squat about me. I personally know Julon Williams. I joined church on the East Side of San Antonio several years ago in the oilfield in what is called, Windcrest and we attended the same church waaay before he got to high school.

You see, you don't know who knows who or what. One of my best friends who went to school at San Antonio Marshall in the early 90's and was an All-American DT himself recruited by and played for Oklahoma State was a very good friend of the young man's Father before he passed.

You must think you're the only one in the damn State of Texas who watches football. And, furthermore since I grew up and played in L.I.S.D. my entire life, it ain't in my interest to keep up with what Converse Judson does on a ROUTINE basis. My interest lies within what's going on with Lobo Football.

• Like 1

(2.) Tell me how (In Your Words) you KNOW that the freshman RB Kaden Meredith will be great just based off of his work ethic?

Kaden Meredith is good tho. He's got a solid frame, breakaway speed, and busts his ### in the weight room. On the basketball team and runs track. On the honor roll too, a good kid.

Barring injury, he should do well.

Kaden Meredith is good tho. He's got a solid frame, breakaway speed, and busts his ### in the weight room. On the basketball team and runs track. On the honor roll too, a good kid.

Barring injury, he should do well.

That's good. I hope to see him in person. I have heard great things about him and wish him the best of luck moving forward but, I refuse to put a "jacket" on any kid and and just hype them up for years on end and then the general public and fanbase is let down when said student athlete doesn't live up to the billing.

hype

What hype?

Go watch the damn dude. He will obviously be a beast when its all said and done.

It's obvious, to some of us anyway.

We're not on here saying he's already a Vondrell McGee or Fred Talley. We're simply saying that he has potential to be a great just as those guys were.

Man, just shut the hell up!

No.

I'd rather continue owning you in a debate.

Can't take it? Don't challenge my knowledge.

And most importantly, don't post dumb stuff on the internet.

What's your beef anyway? Haynes > Lawson is all that matters. Best player plays.

• Like 1

No.

I'd rather continue owning you in a debate.

Can take it? Don't challenge my knowledge.

And most importantly, don't post dumb stuff on the internet.

What's your beef anyway? Haynes > Lawson is all that matters. Best player plays.

Naw. You ain't owned me in jack. EVER. EVERYTHING, I have told you, I have backed them up with pure FACTS! That means everything I have said can be VALIDATED. You live off of emotions and what if BS and that's why you're always let down at the end of the year because you're too damn emotionally invested in it and want more from the program than what it can give back to you tangibly. You are a FANATICAL. You DO NOT think or may be UNABLE to think rationally or in an idealistic nature. You base YOUR future beliefs on the euphoric sensations that a young, teenager gives you at that particular time and live vicariously through it. Your mindset for some odd reason doesn't live within the NOW.

You live based off of the hypothetical and push your theories to the general public as if it God's written and Devine law. THAT'S WHAT YOU DO! You want to go toe to toe with me in dialogue or a debate you better leave your fallacy type banter at the door along with your ego because EVERYTHING I have to say can and always will be verified by REPUTABLE sources. If, I don't know. Guess what? I am man enough to tell you and the general public that. I'm not going to pretend I am the connect that has ALL the answers, ALL the time and that I am the only person who has traveled outside the boundaries of the City of Longview.

I have watched Lobo football since 97. I watch their games every year until they lose in the playoffs. After that I go

watch whichever game I think will be worth the drive. Over the years I have seen amazing players/teams/games.

HK is the first SLC/LT type quarterback I have ever seen play at Longview. Experience is all he lacks. I also believe coach King is slowly working him into the starting role. Given how bad the injury bug has hit Im willing to be patient in hopes everything comes together in the next two years.

Before we lost two linemen and the dump truck who was running over everyone on his way to the endzone I felt like we could make three deep runs with HK running the offense. Longview has produced D1 players on both sides of the ball but I dont remember 1 QB (since 97)....until now. Just my opinion

• Like 1

Longview has produced D1 players on both sides of the ball but I dont remember 1 QB (since 97)....until now. Just my opinion

Bivins Caraway. The only prototypical "QB". He just never got over that ACL injury in college but he was possibly the greatest passer to ever wear the Lobo uniform. I've always said that Longview probably wins it all in 2012 with a healthy Bivins Caraway running the show.

Had others who were "ATH" QB's that went D1 though. Aaron Johnson, Pete Robertson, Joel Armstrong.

I agree on HK for sure. It's beyond obvious what he is capable of. Fan base has been complaining for years about the lack of true QB we've had. Now we have one and don't even wanna put him on the field. Smh.

I too thought highly of Longview with Anderson-HK combo in the backfield. Said this team was 10-0, 4th round caliber. But since we're not interested in starting HK and Anderson went down, I'd give us 3rd round with possibly 1 loss in regular season. I'm not totally stressing losing Anderson since it's literally "next man up" when it comes to Longview's backfield yearly but I don't trust our current QB to be mistake free against the truly good teams we'd start seeing in the 3rd round.

Bivins Caraway. The only prototypical "QB". He just never got over that ACL injury in college but he was possibly the greatest passer to ever wear the Lobo uniform. I've always said that Longview probably wins it all in 2012 with a healthy Bivins Caraway running the show.

Had others who were "ATH" QB's that went D1 though. Aaron Johnson, Pete Robertson, Joel Armstrong.

I agree on HK for sure. It's beyond obvious what he is capable of. Fan base has been complaining for years about the lack of true QB we've had. Now we have one and don't even wanna put him on the field. Smh.

I too thought highly of Longview with Anderson-HK combo in the backfield. Said this team was 10-0, 4th round caliber. But since we're not interested in starting HK and Anderson went down, I'd give us 3rd round with possibly 1 loss in regular season. I'm not totally stressing losing Anderson since it's literally "next man up" when it comes to Longview's backfield yearly but I don't trust our current QB to be mistake free against the truly good teams we'd start seeing in the 3rd round.

KC? (3rd round)

Actually I have, and always do own you.

Which is why you're always defensive and post meaningless and uncalled for long post that no one, especially me, reads.

Defensive? Let's see, the last time I checked you're the one that's doing all of the defending. But, that's alright, though. You see, when I told you to quit talking/typing to me a few posts ago, this would have went south real, quick in a setting other than the comfort and safety confines behind that keyboard of yours.

And, owned me??? Okay. You act just like a garden tool and the shovel isn't it. You think your synopsis about a said player's future is gold and anyone questioning your proclamation knows nothing about football. If, I want to know how to burn through a family size bottle of Jergen's hand lotion, I'll come seek your expertise. But, considering the only two pieces of the football uniform you can actually identify with is the game worn jockstrap and kneepads, I'll make sure to steer clear of you.

I was listening to one of my favorite artists by the name of, Z-Ro. He has a fairly new album out called, "No Love Boulevard", I want to specifically dedicate the title and track #6 to you as it epitomizes you to the fullest and I find it to be a thoughtful gesture on my behalf. Enjoy!