Week 4 - Carthage @ Gilmer

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Glimer  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

Listening to folks at the game it sounds more like Carthage made halftime adjustments and Gilmer kept doing what worked in the first half. Evidently no in game adjustments were made schematically and it cost Gilmer. The Carthage staff is one of the best at halftime adjustments. I've seen it too many times. It also sounds like Carthage came out fired up and ready to play the second half. Maybe Surrat got the dawg kindling and started a fire in the visitor locker room. That fire Marshall better go check for smoke damage

my take...Bux were in control the 1st half...changes were made @ half & if was a slobber knocker until the end of the 3rd...Dawg Train pulled out of the station & never looked back.

Nobody would've Waited for two hours to get into Lobo because there is ample seating...

You keep putting your foot in your mouth hole...check it out

2014...Lobo Stadium...Bi-Regional...Gilmer & Gladewater...set the attendance record for Lobo...over 12,000...ask anyone that was their about the lines or I should say lack there of...

2014...Lobo Stadium...Bi-Regional...Gilmer & Gladewater...set the attendance record for Lobo...over 12,000...ask anyone that was their about the lines or I should say lack there of...

Whatever, Bob; Still a bad judgement to make folks stand in 98 degree heat when the event is sold out & alot of elderly & handicapped people could sit down. That's my question...

I'm not sure what else could be done about the line. I like the packed stadium. Great atmosphere. Would you expect the people there to arrive at noon just to sit there all day? I don't understand the concern that a high school football game is allowed to be played at a team's home stadium. Should they change the way they operate just because the away team has a large crowd?

Whatever, Bob; Still a bad judgement to make folks stand in 98 degree heat when the event is sold out & alot of elderly & handicapped people could sit down. That's my question...

My question is why are elderly and handicapped people showing up before 5PM for a 7PM game? That seems to be poor judgement.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what else could be done about the line. I like the packed stadium. Great atmosphere. Would you expect the people there to arrive at noon just to sit there all day? I don't understand the concern that a high school football game is allowed to be played at a team's home stadium. Should they change the way they operate just because the away team has a large crowd?

I agree. I would also give the Gilmer Admin a big thumbs up for their proactive communication. I saw many posts with directions on how to get to the stadium, where to park, and how to act once in the stadium. The addition of the portable toilets was great. I never stood in line once. The concession stands were adequately staffed and did not run out of food or drinks. Best advice I took advantage of was to come in to stadium via Scott street and park headed away from the stadium. Once the game was over I was ordering a sandwich at Wich Wich in less than 10 minutes.

Lion70, did you attend the Carthage @ Gilmer game last night and sit near the top of the stands on the 50 on the Carthage side?

We had a Henderson fan sit near us and on the way out of the stands this man told me the Lions thumped the Dawgs in Carthage, Carthage was gifted the playoff win in Longview and Carthage lucked themselves all the way to the state championship last year. Then the final statement from our Henderson fan was that the Lions should've won state last year not Carthage.

Lion, was that you????...........

Lol

we set in the endzone on the Hill.......

My question is why are elderly and handicapped people showing up before 5PM for a 7PM game? That seems to be poor judgement.

I would say they probably got there 2 hours early so they wouldn't have to walk 2 miles to the stadium from where they would have had to park if they got there later. Just a thought. Last year I got to Gilmer at 6 and had to walk a long long way to the stadium.

I would say they probably got there 2 hours early so they wouldn't have to walk 2 miles to the stadium from where they would have had to park if they got there later. Just a thought. Last year I got to Gilmer at 6 and had to walk a long long way to the stadium.

I got there at 5:30 and parked about 150 yards from where we went in. Grass parking lot that probably would have held 40-50 vehicles.

Only 4-5 vehicles parked there.

Greetings and Salutations SPORTS FANS. I didn't get to attend Saturday's game but I THOUGHT I would have 3 choices on listening to the game. As someone said earlier, Homers, BIG HOMERS, or IDIOTS. Well I tried HOMERS first, you could barely hear Larry Allen in the booth, sounded like they were 30 yards away from the microphone. Then it went COMPLETLY OUT so that left me having to choose between GILMER broadcast or Gilmer-Lover Broadcast on 105.7. Tried Gilmer broadcast a bit since I was already on the internet until I couldn't stand it anymore and reluctantly went out to my pickup and tuned in 105.7. Weren't near as bad as what they have been in the past so it was tolerable.

Anyways, I'm not going to say what Carthage's problem was in the first half. Many of you KNOW what the problem was it just seems no one wants to admit it. But I've seen Coach Surratt work miracles before so I hope he can do it again this season. Speaking of season...ed. These DAWGS are pretty salty now. Everyone knows if you want to beat Carthage you had better do it EARLY in the season before Surratt and staff have these guys running like pistons in a V-8. His teams are like small snowballs at the beginning of the season rolling down a large mountain covered with snow. Once that snowball gets to the bottom of the mountain it's as big as a house and knocks anything in its way OUT of the way. Now that these DAWGS have seen what they are capable of it's going to be tough for anyone to beat them. 90 % of it is the overcoming one's self and the belief that you are giving it all you have and are not capable of anymore. In Scott Surratt's system then they start learning field work and technical skills of their respective positions. Towards the playoffs they start mastery of their skills. This is what set Coach Surratt's teams apart...in the playoffs they are playing at College level ball usually.

• Like 1

I got there at 5:30 and parked about 150 yards from where we went in. Grass parking lot that probably would have held 40-50 vehicles.

Only 4-5 vehicles parked there.

You lucked out on that! I've never gotten to Gilmer early enough to not have to walk a long way. That being said, I need the exercise and I have a great seat that I know will be there when I get there, so the walk doesn't bother me that much.

Greetings and Salutations SPORTS FANS. I didn't get to attend Saturday's game but I THOUGHT I would have 3 choices on listening to the game. As someone said earlier, Homers, BIG HOMERS, or IDIOTS. Well I tried HOMERS first, you could barely hear Larry Allen in the booth, sounded like they were 30 yards away from the microphone. Then it went COMPLETLY OUT so that left me having to choose between GILMER broadcast or Gilmer-Lover Broadcast on 105.7. Tried Gilmer broadcast a bit since I was already on the internet until I couldn't stand it anymore and reluctantly went out to my pickup and tuned in 105.7. Weren't near as bad as what they have been in the past so it was tolerable.

Anyways, I'm not going to say what Carthage's problem was in the first half. Many of you KNOW what the problem was it just seems no one wants to admit it. But I've seen Coach Surratt work miracles before so I hope he can do it again this season. Speaking of season...ed. These DAWGS are pretty salty now. Everyone knows if you want to beat Carthage you had better do it EARLY in the season before Surratt and staff have these guys running like pistons in a V-8. His teams are like small snowballs at the beginning of the season rolling down a large mountain covered with snow. Once that snowball gets to the bottom of the mountain it's as big as a house and knocks anything in its way OUT of the way. Now that these DAWGS have seen what they are capable of it's going to be tough for anyone to beat them. 90 % of it is the overcoming one's self and the belief that you are giving it all you have and are not capable of anymore. In Scott Surratt's system then they start learning field work and technical skills of their respective positions. Towards the playoffs they start mastery of their skills. This is what set Coach Surratt's teams apart...in the playoffs they are playing at College level ball usually.

I don't know what the problem was in the first half, enlighten me.

The problem with the first half was Carthage couldn't have stopped a third grader, it happens sometimes, but coaches probably tuned them up at halftime and got that mind rite. Yall all saw the difference in second half, sometimes teenagers make mental mistakes by the numbers, and a little heat from the coaches gives their focus some more focus, better to make the mistakes in the first half than the second.. Js