Texas High (1-2) vs Kilgore (3-0)

Aggie98

Kilgore has beaten Carthage the last 2 years. So yea I would say Carthage's coaching staff is worried about what might be the best team in their district. You are as big of a troll as Lion. Just a little smarter. Kilgore needs to worry about beating TH. Not what coaches are in the stands.

Troll? I'm on the Kilgore thread? I don't think troll means what you think it means.

Troll? I'm on the Kilgore thread? I don't think troll means what you think it means.

What does it matter where you posted? You posted it to get a response.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement."

But whatever you say chief.

On a different note the Hunt kid from Thigh is the real deal. Dude is legit. It was a great learning game for the kilgore bunch. THIgh was thick on the Dline. Corners tackled very well and made Kilgore earn drives except for the long TD run. But playing safeties that close to the line and that is the chance you take. Kilgore Offense left a lot of tricks in the bag tonight and stuck to the script of being good at what they do. It looked to me like a great opportunity for our defense to face a capable balanced offense with a mobile QB that plays with a pace. Lots to learn from what the experienced against them tonight. Great overall game for both teams.

• Like 1

That is a special kid. He barely got his hands on the ball the first 2 weeks. Our offense was just in complete shambles

It's kinda hard to explain what makes him so good.... but I'll give it a shot. Great hands, obviously, but he adjusts his body while the ball is in the air so that as soon as it hits his hands he's exploding in another direction. Very rarely were we able to tackle him where he caught it. He kinda reminds me of Michael Crabtree, but bigger.

• Like 1

Well, my phone has sufficient charge to post again now! I was at this game, but nobody there knew me except KilDogDad, so I can't be one of those mysterious "Carthage Coaches" who were audacious enough to go watch a competitor's game on a night off... Well, why WOULDN'T they? Anyway, it was THE GAME to attend in East Texas tonight, for sure! Kilgore must have run 900 yards tonight; 850 east & west & 50 north & south! Jk...Texas High has some Big, Big Ol' boys playing football, & they were pretty dang successful handling Kilgore in the trenches, especially in the first half. Buddy Jackson & Co. made adjustments & came back more determined after the bands left the field. They made ONE TD on a Hail Mary pass for about 90 yards; aside from that, it was pretty much deception & running. All in all, I'm glad I made the trip to R.E.St. John tonight! Oh, & I think Rusk County Electric was "reminding" the nice folks in Kilgore( excellent hosts, I might add) what happens when you skip payin' them, ' cause it got dark as the inside of an Angus cow on a moonless night just about the time the game ended! And speakin' of TIME....!!!! What was wrong with that Clock tonight? I looked up, & there was 9:07 left to play, & a moment later, it said 0:0!!!!! It seemed like a whole 'nother hour of football was played AFTER that! "They's Somethin' Rotten in Denmark" as Ol' Bill Shakespeare woulda said! Goodnight, Kilgore, Thanks for a memorable night!🌚

Wow. Sounds like the fans needed nerve meds to watch this one. Not for the weak of heart

:) Of course I wanted to win, but this was the kind of game we probably both needed. IMO this isn't a loss that would demoralize you. Regardless of who won there were gonna be positives to take from this encounter.

:) Of course I wanted to win, but this was the kind of game we probably both needed. IMO this isn't a loss that would demoralize you. Regardless of who won there were gonna be positives to take from this encounter.

+1 couldn't agree more!! But man Kilgore had its shot to win the gm on the fg miss to end regulation i don't know how he could miss it he has been reliable somewhat. But hey it is what it is!! I believe Tx High has their mojo going on offense their qb is a monster and only a jr and not to mention their all everything wr have things clicking pretty well. But good luck Tx High on the remainder of the season you guys are definitely a playoff team.

As for Kilgore i believe this loss will bring good things for them come district play. Its time to open the playbook now and get these playmakers we have the ball a lot more now!!