#2 Tenaha vs Clarksville

FootballKrazy10

Some of yall are a little overboard with your talk. Purple has some good points though. The past few years Muenster is the only school in the region that kept them from multiple trips to state in basketball. The track program has been a top ream in region as well but football? Fluke, the 3 years that D1 talent rolled through Clarksville they were 25-12 under Davis. Besides those 3 seasons the program has been like 16-58. Ummmmm......

I know my talk may be a little overboard but Im just really upset for those kids that do still come out for football and have to go through games like this. Its ridiculous....I mean Im sure someone would take the job and try to come in and bring life back to this program.

Fluke, the 3 years that D1 talent rolled through Clarksville they were 25-12 under Davis. Besides those 3 seasons the program has been like 16-58. Ummmmm......

I'm not defending coach Davis. I've criticized aspects of the program before (oh my God, the scheduling). Smoaky has a low tolerance for the calling out of coaches, so I avoid that, and who am I to do it anyway?

We gotta be honest though. Davis is the most successful coach in the history of program. It's a low bar, but there it is. I can't check because the Smoaky historical section for Clarksville seems to be gone, but I would not be surprised if his four district titles were as many as the school had won in its entire history prior to his tenure. It's gotta be close. They won one in 91, and I believe coach Manley won one and shared another in his short stay, and before that? I remember a couple playoff appearances in the late 80s, but I think those were as runners-up. He definitely was fortunate to come on board just as a bunch of freak athletes were coming up, but Clarksville's always had athletes and yet not much gridiron success.

If the job opened up after the season what do you think the applicant pool would look like? All young guys looking for their first head coaching job? I'm pretty sure we're not getting a Scott Surratt or Todd Dodge or Rusty Nail. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just saying it's easy to say a change should be made, harder to say to what.