College Coaching Carousel 2017

MrBuddyGarrity

If you guys think Bob Stoops will give up getting paid six figures to play golf with boosters, in order to take the thankless job of coaching a mediocre program in the SEC... I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma City to sell you.

• Like 3

If you guys think Bob Stoops will give up getting paid six figures to play golf with boosters, in order to take the thankless job of coaching a mediocre program in the SEC... I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma City to sell you.

With Global Warming Mathias this is a very real possibility. ;) I just see him in more Maroon than Orange.

• Like 1

The humorous thing (from last week) was Butch Jones taking the media to task about how they are undermining him and the university to recruits...when things aren't that bad.

Yikes!!! Think again Coach...

They are probably praying they could get Phil Fulmer to come back now.

Would probably love that 152-52 record he had now.

• Like 1

Butch Jones is a decent mid level program coach. He can't handle a name Power 5 school unless it was a bottom feeder like Kansas or Vanderbilt. That 4 year run with Josh Dobbs was the most over hyped, biggest failures to achieve in recent memory. Florida was down. Georgia was down. South Carolina was down. He couldn't beat a weak East to even get to a conference championship game.

Back-to-back 9-4 seasons, and the guy is on the hot seat.

I hope Tennessee's next coach is John Blake.

Ok so think about this... when the SEC was THE conference to be in...

LSU- Miles

Florida- Spurrier

Georgia- Richt

Tennessee- Fulmer

Alabama- Saban

Auburn- Tommy Tuberville

All of those guys were basically run out of their schools except 1... And you look at the list of guys now leading them and it would make your stomach churn....

You guys know I was against Les Miles being let go... All the guy did was win a National Championship and lose in another and churn out 10 win seasons like a hen laying eggs. Then we replace him with Ed O... You replace Richt who did nothing but put out good SEC East Georgia teams fired for an unproven, inexperienced Kirby Smart. You want Spurrier to retire, so he does and you place him with a guy that failed everywhere else... Auburn has been the poster boy of inconsistency since Tuberville has been gone... the SEC and SEC ridiculous expectations has killed everyone in the league...

• Like 2

Yeah I can understand the LSU fan frustration with Les Miles. He lost some games by making some boneheaded plays/calls, but he also won several games doing just that as well.

And yeah, the dude won 10 games basically every year and they ousted him for what? The guy who's been interim head coach at USC like 3 times?

But you're right. The SEC is WAY down from what it has been, mostly because of coaching instability. Heck, Coach Sumlin is, I think, the longest tenured SEC coach other than Nick Saban. What Nick Saban has done at Alabama is just remarkable and has led to the rest of the SEC suffering.

Wasn't Spurrier at South Car at that time? His time in Fla was over in like 2001 or so

Ok so think about this... when the SEC was THE conference to be in...

LSU- Miles

Florida- Spurrier

Georgia- Richt

Tennessee- Fulmer

Alabama- Saban

Auburn- Tommy Tuberville

All of those guys were basically run out of their schools except 1... And you look at the list of guys now leading them and it would make your stomach churn....

You guys know I was against Les Miles being let go... All the guy did was win a National Championship and lose in another and churn out 10 win seasons like a hen laying eggs. Then we replace him with Ed O... You replace Richt who did nothing but put out good SEC East Georgia teams fired for an unproven, inexperienced Kirby Smart. You want Spurrier to retire, so he does and you place him with a guy that failed everywhere else... Auburn has been the poster boy of inconsistency since Tuberville has been gone... the SEC and SEC ridiculous expectations has killed everyone in the league...

Yes, Coach.... His dates are off a little bit, but the fact remains.

He could also have added Houston Nutt's name to Arkansas. He had them doing good things considering what position Arkansas is in, yet people constantly called for him to be fired. They did fire him and made a big splash hire with Petrino, but when he couldn't stay out of his secretary, they lost him and have fallen way off.

That's one of my reasons behind not firing Coach Sumlin. He's consistently won 8 games... In a disappointing manner each season after having started 6-0 in a lot of them, sure, but he's still winning 8 games (although I see that changing this season). Not worth $5 million, but he does have us consistent. We fire him, we could regress big time as you've seen happen to so many programs who get rid of coaches who are solid.

Heck, Nebraska fired Frank Solich after he went 10-3 (had won 12, 11, and 10 games in 3 of the 4 seasons prior), and they STILL haven't had as good a winning percentage in a season since then.

• Mr. P changed the title to College Coaching Carousel 2017