College Coaching Carousel 2017

MrBuddyGarrity

I'm a lifelong East Texas boy, so I totally have no snobbery towards East Texans. I have disdain for the thought that schools like Tennessee, South Carolina, or Arkansas that have done NOTHING in football would actually be an A#1 ATTRACTION that a coach would drop everything to go to.

Just look at this past off-season when LSU and Texas went against each other for Tom Herman...that did not come down to money. Texas is the better prime-time school...though LSU is good.

When Arkansas when after Bret Bielema, the better move would have been to money whip Barry Alvarez and try to bring him out of semi-retirement (the AD's office)...he was the star coach in Wisconsin.

If Tennessee was against Texas A&M for a coach...I think a coach would have a mental deficiency if he left College Station without signing a contract.

I understand what your saying but, SC did get Holtz and Spurrier. Didn't mean a whole lot as far as natty's but that was 2 huge hires.

He's not going to uproot his family, but I just don't think Tennessee or any of the SEC schools can money-whip Washington...they aren't Boise State or Fresno State...they are a dog gone top notch Pac 12 school...higher on the pecking order out there than Tennessee or Arkansas.

Some of the things I see on here are similar to the "trailer park" calls I hear daily on Paul Finebaum, where the hillbillies think football is only played in the SEC and Alabama/Tennessee/Georgia/Florida. It's goofy as heck. Guess what, good football is played a ton of other places...better football. Good football coaches don't give a rip about those hillbillies moonshining everyday and wearing their newest jersey to church on Sunday. Ba bee ba bee ba bee...football, throw the benjamins

:lol:

I coached out at Auburn for a couple years...went to church the first Sunday we were out there...no lie, every joker in the place except me had an Auburn or Alabama jersey or dress or tie on.

I was like, is this uh "jersey Sunday" or "college Sunday"...this was in early April. "No sir, nothing special this Sunday."

I was dumbfounded...I couldn't believe it.

I coached out at Auburn for a couple years...went to church the first Sunday we were out there...no lie, every joker in the place except me had an Auburn or Alabama jersey or dress or tie on.

I was like, is this uh "jersey Sunday" or "college Sunday"...this was in early April. "No sir, nothing special this Sunday."

Oh I've been to Talladega probably 5 times. Straight running hillbillies! But for some reason I like the area. And what Saban has built is crazy good.

Also son has played several baseball events in Alabama.

Alot of folks forget Petrino (right before that motorcycle incident) had Arkansas in National Title talks. (And btw were still being out-recruited) I'll never forget the matchup with LSU, #1 vs #3. I believe Bama was ranked #2 that same week. SEC West was THE talk of college football.

So that's where you get "expectations" from, ppl in the fanbase remember how close they were and expect to get back to those times. Bert isn't exactly doing what Petrino did. I'd say maybe on par with Houston Dale Nutt (before this season). At least it isn't John L. Smith-bad……..yet……..but its headed that way.

I wonder if tubberville would be interested in the sec jobs

Or Mike Leach

I dont think Tupperware will ever coach in the SEC again unless some scandal pops up at some school and they want somebody to keep the football program afloat for one season after firing the HC, for example: BU.

Dont forget those ugly sharks tooth hats

No way the people of Nebraska would want Leach. They want somebody who is going to come in and restablish a physical, run oriented program like Wisconsin.

Probably so, but this isn't the 1980s.

Per Football Scoop.com,

Washington State: Amid reports that Moos left for Nebraska in part due to a contemptuous relationship with president Kirk Schulz, Seattle Times beat writer Stefanie Loh reports Schulz will do everything in his power to keep Mike Leach and that the two are scheduled to meet on Monday

Tennessee (Butch) may have been thrown off Saturday by Phil Fulmer being honored and put into the Hall of Fame there.

I heard he's been caught multiple times now doing incantation spells at the burial crypt of Pat Summit and trying to buy her ashes and memorabilia on Ebay...maybe he's thinking voodoo?

Probably so, but this isn't the 1980s.

Per Football Scoop.com,

Washington State: Amid reports that Moos left for Nebraska in part due to a contemptuous relationship with president Kirk Schulz, Seattle Times beat writer Stefanie Loh reports Schulz will do everything in his power to keep Mike Leach and that the two are scheduled to meet on Monday

Im not saying that they are going to run the option lol.

• Like 2

Tennessee (Butch) may have been thrown off Saturday by Phil Fulmer being honored and put into the Hall of Fame there.

I heard he's been caught multiple times now doing incantation spells at the burial crypt of Pat Summit and trying to buy her ashes and memorabilia on Ebay...maybe he's thinking voodoo?

At this point, he should be just trying to not say anything stupid and hope that hes in the running for one of the CUSA jobs that comes open at the end of the year. Him being fired is not a question of if, its a matter of when.
  • Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to College Coaching Carousel 2017