Pleasant Grove Hawks 3-0 vs Liberty Eylau Lepoards 1-3 @ Harris Field

dhoop02

It's Liberty Eylau Homecoming game plus it's TK rival game so you know both teams will come play PG right now it's clicking and playing great football but this will be a test for them LE finally got a win last week against Atlanta they played some tough games and played them teams close and hard just lost at end so I like hear who do you think will win Friday night

I think this is a real test for both our offense and defense. Our defense will be put to the test but honestly, I think they have the ability to stop anybody. The Hawks D is the best D LE has faced all year. Our offense is full of surprises. I don't think this is going to be an easy game for the Hawks at all but I believe they will dominate in all aspects Friday night.

PG 35

LE 17

I think this is a real test for both our offense and defense. Our defense will be put to the test but honestly, I think they have the ability to stop anybody. The Hawks D is the best D LE has faced all year. Our offense is full of surprises. I don't think this is going to be an easy game for the Hawks at all but I believe they will dominate in all aspects Friday night.

PG 35

LE 17

LOL 3rd best defense at very best

Best D LE has faced all year. You sure about that.

100%

LE has averaged 42 points per game vs several good defensive teams but they haven't faced a defense like the Hawks D. Carthage might be close but we do it better. LE might get 21 points but I don't see them putting points on the board at will. Once we have LE's D figured out, the offense will be able to put the game away.

You honestly think yalls defense is better than Carthage?

For example, LE scored 38 against Carthage D right? Good defense's don't have 38 points scored on them by anybody. 57 points vs Gilmer? Gilmer has never been known for defense so that's not a good judge. Atl...well they are down this year but a good win that ya'll should have won. T-High is on such a roller coaster this year its hard to count them into any equation. Good to see they are on the upswing. I think LE is doing great against some really good teams and it is really hard to judge the calibre of our defense because of the teams we have played. I'm looking forward to this one, it's going to be exciting. I think this is the real 4a state championship game;) Plus that kykr cup!

For example, LE scored 38 against Carthage D right? Good defense's don't have 38 points scored on them by anybody. 57 points vs Gilmer? Gilmer has never been known for defense so that's not a good judge. Atl...well they are down this year but a good win that ya'll should have won. T-High is on such a roller coaster this year its hard to count them into any equation. Good to see they are on the upswing. I think LE is doing great against some really good teams and it is really hard to judge the calibre of our defense because of the teams we have played. I'm looking forward to this one, it's going to be exciting. I think this is the real 4a state championship game;) Plus that kykr cup!

PGdad - I read most of your posts and I think you have a good read on most things. I know you are an avid PG fan and I respect that. But I think you are reaching on the shot at the Carthage D. Remember we blew Gladewater out in game 1 and our starting D only got about 2.5 quarters of play for conditioning. LE pushed the tempo in game 2 and gassed the Carthage D at times. LE ran our legs out from underneath us. Credit that and the talented LE offense for the 38 points. Last night's 2nd half performance against one of the best offenses in 4A should show you what the Carthage D is capable of. For the record, I'm picking PG to win by 7. It should be a really good game.

PGDad, we understand the Bulldog defense gave up 38 to LE, but that is one explosive offense.

In the 2nd half last night Carthage gave up only 47 yards of offense to Gilmer and held them scoreless.

Have you ever heard of any team holding Gilmer to less than 50 yards of total offense and scoreless in a full half of football?

No sir, you have not.

• Like 1

I am a homer so of course I am biased.

I am in no way saying Carthage has a bad defense. One good half against Gilmer is impressive and they only put up 28 points total. We still have that game to play and this one. LE won't put up 38 points on us nor will Gilmer put up 28.

I am in no way saying Carthage has a bad defense. One good half against Gilmer is impressive and they only put up 28 points total. We still have that game to play and this one. LE won't put up 38 points on us nor will Gilmer put up 28.

This is an interesting game. Not sure who to pick as the winner. I can believe LE won't put up 38, but that's a bold statement saying Gilmer won't put up 28. I'll have to see that to believe it.

You guys haven't played a team that can pass the ball yet I mean just being real...

• Like 1

You guys haven't played a team that can pass the ball yet I mean just being real...

I agree 100% This game will determine if I am just blowing smoke or if all my observations about the Blackhawk D are correct. A step towards it at least.

This is an interesting game. Not sure who to pick as the winner. I can believe LE won't put up 38, but that's a bold statement saying Gilmer won't put up 28. I'll have to see that to believe it.

I try not to get ahead of myself but I think we will hold Gilmer to record lows. Gotta show what's up this week before I can speak of it though...