Pleasant Grove Hawks 3-0 vs Liberty Eylau Lepoards 1-3 @ Harris Field

dhoop02

I agree 100% This game will determine if I am just blowing smoke or if all my observations about the Blackhawk D are correct. A step towards it at least.

I try not to get ahead of myself but I think we will hold Gilmer to record lows. Gotta show what's up this week before I can speak of it though...

I hope y'all do hold Gilmer to record lows I'm rooting for you just not this week lol I hope we score an all time record lol

• Like 1

I am a homer so of course I am biased.

I am in no way saying Carthage has a bad defense. One good half against Gilmer is impressive and they only put up 28 points total. We still have that game to play and this one. LE won't put up 38 points on us nor will Gilmer put up 28.

Lololol

PG don't have 1 ring in football, PG is good don't get me wrong, but they get a little success in 2 games and now people are saying they will hold LE to 28?? And Gilmer to 28!??!? That's just delusional! Carthage has won 5 state championships and I'm not sure PG has 3 kids on the team that could start at Carthage! LE will win this game and win by 14 or better! We have all seen LE at a track meet and saw PG at a track meet (for what it's worth) and they don't have a single athlete that can run with LE, LE may self explode at some point but I think LE finds the groove and gets the W...

• Like 1

This is definitely going to be an interesting game. I'm really excited to see how PG does.

My respect to you PGDAD! You've made some bold predictions about your boys, but if they are capable of pulling it off, then all respect to them and will look forward to that last district game. I won't predict that my Bears will score more than 28 on that Hawk defense but that's not our style of offense anyway. Friday night we had a scoring drive of 21 plays that lasted 12 mins & 25 secs. That's Bear smash mouth football. That's the kind of drives we are looking for. Unfortunately, our other drives didn't end in scores.

Good luck to the Hawks Friday night! I'm happy for their success.

• Like 1

Sooner or later you have to figure that LE will get it all together.......seems like this season it's taking a little longer than expected, huh? I know LE has played a rigorous predistrict schedule......and guess what??? Now you get to play another good team that happens to be undefeated and wants to stay that way!! High-powered and explosive offense meets disciplined and strong defense is what this game sounds like......I wonder which one will prevail??? I remember when the only saying was "defense wins games".......but in recent years it seems more and more like a great offense is winning most of the games......even in the NFL. Whoever has the best qb and receivers wins nowadays......unless you have an rb like K Ingram. Does PG have a rb like K Ingram??? If not, they will not be able to stop the offense of LE this week.....end of story. If they do......then LE must not be as advertised offensively and PG must be the real deal defensively. Doncha just love Texas High School football!!

• Like 2

I am really hoping our Defense makes a statement this week. This will be probably the weakest passing game we have faced, maybe stronger than atlanta.

PG is much more 1 dimensional on offense. Stop the run and you stop the hawks. Easier said than done with the offense that they run. If we can step up and shut down the run game then we have the ability to blow this game wide open. If not, who knows what will happen. Our passing game will need to be sharper than it has been the last 2 weeks though. Too many errant throws and dropped passes. This team has the ability to put up points on any 4a team in the state. Its homecoming. We are finally back at Harris field... time for a statement game before rolling into district. KALE

• Like 1

I am really hoping our Defense makes a statement this week. This will be probably the weakest passing game we have faced, maybe stronger than atlanta.

PG is much more 1 dimensional on offense. Stop the run and you stop the hawks. Easier said than done with the offense that they run. If we can step up and shut down the run game then we have the ability to blow this game wide open. If not, who knows what will happen. Our passing game will need to be sharper than it has been the last 2 weeks though. Too many errant throws and dropped passes. This team has the ability to put up points on any 4a team in the state. Its homecoming. We are finally back at Harris field... time for a statement game before rolling into district. KALE

Stopping PG's run is harder than you think. Loading the box won't work. They are fast and quick to the corners. The key will definitely be the PG defense. If they can stop LE's offense, then this should be a great game!

• Like 1

Stopping PG's run is harder than you think. Loading the box won't work. They are fast and quick to the corners. The key will definitely be the PG defense. If they can stop LE's offense, then this should be a great game!

notice i said easier said than done with the offense that they run lol.

I don't worry about their speed, as we are always quicker on the field than them.

But it will be up to our defense to be disciplined enough to overcome the deception they show on offense.

Comparing defenses(PG/Carthage) by comparing points given up is not totally accurate.....Most games Carthage is going to score 2 or 3 times real quickly, giving the opposing team the ball quickly......Also Carthage's offense is going to throw the ball a lot more with incomplete passes stopping the clock and completed out passes often being taken out of bounds after the catch(stopping the clock).

I would be willing to bet Carthage and their opponents average 25% to 30% more snaps each game than PG and their opponents.

• Like 1

I'm going with PG also I know it's going to come down too 4th quarter this year last season we played with them for like 3 1/2 quarters then it became a blowout I don't see that this year could be a classic low scoring game defense battle it out or high scoring who knows

Pg is not the best 4A team in Texas, period. Yet.. After game 16,if yall are standing in the middle of the field at Jerry's world, holding that plack up and pumping your fist, then you can call yourselves that. But there's a world of war ahead of you, to stand in that spot.. Good luck with your quest, if you get it, you've earned it.. And it will be the ride of a lifetime.. Js

Pg is not the best 4A team in Texas, period. Yet.. After game 16,if yall are standing in the middle of the field at Jerry's world, holding that plack up and pumping your fist, then you can call yourselves that. But there's a world of war ahead of you, to stand in that spot.. Good luck with your quest, if you get it, you've earned it.. And it will be the ride of a lifetime.. Js

We understand that we have lots too prove and we know we're not the best in state but if them boys come to play like they have been doing lately they can hang with the best of them so time will tell

Look PG is good. But Carthage defense is better than PG. 2 good seasons and now PG is king of East Texas. SMH

Again we ain't taking anything away from Carthage or anyone else we know we ain't the King of East Texas but we do know we can play with the best of them we still have lots too prove the season still early district play haven't even made it here but we are a confident group that believe we play possible play with best state like I keep saying time will tell and how this season goes

PG has speed this year on offense and defense. Stable of running backs and a QB who can get the ball downfield when needed.

The PG defense is just outstanding against the run. That being said, they haven't played a passing offense yet this year. This game will be close and could go either way. But I'm taking PG on the fact that they believe in themselves this year and they are on a quest to get respect.

PG 30

LE-28

• Like 1

PG don't have 1 ring in football, PG is good don't get me wrong, but they get a little success in 2 games and now people are saying they will hold LE to 28?? And Gilmer to 28!??!? That's just delusional! Carthage has won 5 state championships and I'm not sure PG has 3 kids on the team that could start at Carthage! LE will win this game and win by 14 or better! We have all seen LE at a track meet and saw PG at a track meet (for what it's worth) and they don't have a single athlete that can run with LE, LE may self explode at some point but I think LE finds the groove and gets the W...

I actually said that we would hold LE to 20 and Gilmer to less than 28, so probably the same 20. Who care's what Carthage has done in past years? It doesn't matter. Gilmer beat the dog #### out of ya'll for a half last week and you're proud of the second half? Nice half a winning attitude. Track meets? Really? Are you just blowing smoke out of your own ###### or do you just believe your own #####? Maybe compare similar sports like 7on7. Any idea how they did against us last year? I bet you're just not informed because there is no way you could be that stupid.

...and I'm done with that troll. Next subject.

• Like 1

I actually said that we would hold LE to 20 and Gilmer to less than 28, so probably the same 20. Who care's what Carthage has done in past years? It doesn't matter. Gilmer beat the dog #### out of ya'll for a half last week and you're proud of the second half? Nice half a winning attitude. Track meets? Really? Are you just blowing smoke out of your own ###### or do you just believe your own #####? Maybe compare similar sports like 7on7. Any idea how they did against us last year? I bet you're just not informed because there is no way you could be that stupid.

...and I'm done with that troll. Next subject.

PGDad take a deep breath. I'm not even sure the guy you are responding to is from Carthage. Back to the topic of the thread. I think PG is for real. You can take a big step forward earning respect by making a good showing this week against LE. You will get a chance at Gilmer on Oct 13th. PG by 7 over LE.

• Like 1

PGDad take a deep breath. I'm not even sure the guy you are responding to is from Carthage. Back to the topic of the thread. I think PG is for real. You can take a big step forward earning respect by making a good showing this week against LE. You will get a chance at Gilmer on Oct 13th. PG by 7 over LE.

Thanks DN...I needed that deep breath. That rant was aimed specifically at that one guy. I'm not saying Carthage is not a good football team. On the contrary, there is a reason they are ranked one and staying there. There are also reasons we keep climbing the ranks and you are right...we have to be patient and earn that respect.

Again we ain't taking anything away from Carthage or anyone else we know we ain't the King of East Texas but we do know we can play with the best of them we still have lots too prove the season still early district play haven't even made it here but we are a confident group that believe we play possible play with best state like I keep saying time will tell and how this season goes

Lol PG Dad and you are on different pages you seem to be coming behind him cleaning up his big talk lol jk