Pleasant Grove Hawks 3-0 vs Liberty Eylau Lepoards 1-3 @ Harris Field

dhoop02

Lol PG Dad and you are on different pages you seem to be coming behind him cleaning up his big talk lol jk

Hey I'm a PG alumni myself I'm a Hawk Bleed Black and Gold it's a good feeling see that PG is some what a good football team this year who knows how this season turns out I know when district comes around this may be district keep eye on everyone is playing good football so far may come down too final week decide playoff seeding hey PG Dad has my back hey we will ride with PG all time

LE is a good team and so are the Hawks.

Going to be interesting to see what happens.

I'm interested in this game since LE runs an offense similar to our offense in Gilmer. Teams that run an offense like PG usually do better against the Buckeyes than other teams.

This is a good game and if you can go to it you should. Cool to see two Texarkana teams battle it out.

The last team that scores may be the winner. Two very effective O schemes. LE will have only a slight adv in speed and PG will be very deciplined. LE D I'll be hunting the ball alnight and PG will have to defend several weapons. Mistake free ball will be the key. I don't think either team will shut the others down. I do think PG will have the best D LE has faced this year. This game will be a toss up

• Like 1

Sounds to me like LE may be one of those teams that has an offense that will give the Hawks some trouble. Great defensive teams can go a looong way to get a team some wins, but when you meet up against an explosive offensive-minded team with some really talented and speedy skill players.......well, it changes the way you play defense against them. And now you get out of your regular defense and into one you're not so good at.......this can cause some problems. PG will have the advantage of trying to control the clock, but the clock ain't that big a deal to a team that can score on one play from anywhere on the field against you. I'm taking the offense-minded Panthers in this one.......something tells me they are gonna cause some problems for PG's defense.

You people at PG might want to worry about the next game and stop making crazy statements how and what you could or not do with teams like Gilmer and Carthage. They are ranked number one and two in the state for a reason. Carthage would hang 48 on you in a hurry. Holding Gilmer to 28 points and only 46 total yards was done by the best defense in all of 4A. Gilmer will not be held to 28 points in a game for the rest of the year.

Have you played a well balanced team that can run and throw equally good.

Keep winning and your play will speak for it self.

I think its funny that you all keep referring to all of PG talking smack when its actually just one person. I think the rest of us are operating under the Ric Flair rule, "to be the man you gotta beat the man."

We believe we can but it doesn't matter until we do

• Like 1

I think its funny that you all keep referring to all of PG talking smack when its actually just one person. I think the rest of us are operating under the Ric Flair rule, "to be the man you gotta beat the man."

We believe we can but it doesn't matter until we do

I referenced this earlier we know it's one person lol Pg dad is Pg dad tho we don't take it personal lol

• Like 1

What is the recent history of this "Rivalry"?

I know 10-20 years ago that LE dominated PG every year and the Hawks were pretty scared to go across town to play the Leopards.

Know I know this is not the same PG teams of the past, they like to play smash mouth football and they will definitely hit you in the mouth.

But I was just wondering if thei is a "Big Brother" situation, much like the LE/T-High match up where one team is still unsure as to whether they are good enough to keep up with the other?

I know I know, it's all me, I don't mean it personal...unless you're singled out;) I don't even think I'm talking smack. I'm an LE fan every other week:) I don't even know how LE is the underdog going into this game. I just believe in my Hawks. This is not an overnight thing, the Hawks have been building this class for years. The Class of 2018 have been competitors, champions, and athletes since they were in elementary. There's something special about this class, win or lose this Friday, I'm proud of them...especially that defense!

What is the recent history of this "Rivalry"?

I know 10-20 years ago that LE dominated PG every year and the Hawks were pretty scared to go across town to play the Leopards.

Know I know this is not the same PG teams of the past, they like to play smash mouth football and they will definitely hit you in the mouth.

But I was just wondering if thei is a "Big Brother" situation, much like the LE/T-High match up where one team is still unsure as to whether they are good enough to keep up with the other?

I'll tell you my take on it.

For years it was a cross-town rivalry. Us versus them, east vs west, rich vs poor, black vs white, all the stereotypes that go with a typical rivalry. I remember there were actual feelings of hate, dislike, etc etc but then there was a game at our home field. Someone was killed in the parking lot after the game. Drunk driver. The game wasn't played for a few years after that and, for me, it was a wake-up call. When the game resumed a few years later, it was more of like an Apollo Creed vs Rocky sparing match. Still rivalry but with more respect...Warrior brothers facing off against each other for the coveted Kicker Cup.

I'll tell you my take on it.

For years it was a cross-town rivalry. Us versus them, east vs west, rich vs poor, black vs white, all the stereotypes that go with a typical rivalry. I remember there were actual feelings of hate, dislike, etc etc but then there was a game at our home field. Someone was killed in the parking lot after the game. Drunk driver. The game wasn't played for a few years after that and, for me, it was a wake-up call. When the game resumed a few years later, it was more of like an Apollo Creed vs Rocky sparing match. Still rivalry but with more respect...Warrior brothers facing off against each other for the coveted Kicker Cup.

Only years we did not play were 2014 and 2015, that accident happened in 2010 and was terrible. I don't know if you were on smoaky back then but a lot of people here still remember Carl, believe his name here was "Topcat" or something along those lines. He was an avid smoaky poster, that man never missed LE football games. Here is how the rivalry has gone in recent years...lol

2006 LE 35-14

2007 PG 9-7

2008 PG 41-14

2009 LE 45-31

2010 LE 40-10

2011 LE 14-0

2012 LE 45-21

2013 LE 56-7

2014 Didn't play

2015 Didn't play

2016 LE 44-35

• Like 1

Only years we did not play were 2014 and 2015, that accident happened in 2010 and was terrible. I don't know if you were on smoaky back then but a lot of people here still remember Carl, believe his name here was "Topcat" or something along those lines. He was an avid smoaky poster, that man never missed LE football games. Here is how the rivalry has gone in recent years...lol

2006 LE 35-14

2007 PG 9-7

2008 PG 41-14

2009 LE 45-31

2010 LE 40-10

2011 LE 14-0

2012 LE 45-21

2013 LE 56-7

2014 Didn't play

2015 Didn't play

2016 LE 44-35

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I could have sworn it was longer...time gets weird when you get old.

I miss Carl (TopCat), and the friendly, spirited back and forth between us homers.

This PG team has been compared to the '09 team, which did lose to LE, but also went on to the Regional finals.

I have yet to see them play, but from the reports of their success in the 7v7 summer play, I think if they have to go to a passing game, they will be fine.

Rooting for the Hawks to win.

Gonna be a close one. Even though LE appears to have a real kicker this year, PG continues its strength at the position over the years with Williams, who has yet to miss I believe.

Will probably come down to one of those two guys to end it.

• Like 2

I miss Carl (TopCat), and the friendly, spirited back and forth between us homers.

This PG team has been compared to the '09 team, which did lose to LE, but also went on to the Regional finals.

I have yet to see them play, but from the reports of their success in the 7v7 summer play, I think if they have to go to a passing game, they will be fine.

Rooting for the Hawks to win.

Gonna be a close one. Even though LE appears to have a real kicker this year, PG continues its strength at the position over the years with Williams, who has yet to miss I believe.

Will probably come down to one of those two guys to end it.

I really do not see similarities in this team and the 09 hawk team. The 09 team had some stud athletes at skill positions that really made them go.

The current hawk team and starting last year when they reverted to the wing t, I believe they realized they are not going to have more studs than the teams on their schedule. They are running on the deceptive run plays and playing good defense. They lack the passing game that the 09 team had. If we can stuff the run then this will be a LONG game for the hawks...but that is a BIG IF. Good news is that we have faced several runningbacks already that are quicker and stronger than any backs we will see this week. The King kid from atlanta was impressive, he had more success against us than the Ingram kid from Carthage did.

Interesting game. I think we are looking at a 38-35 score. I'm not sure who gets to 38. Appears to be two good offenses with very different styles. PG will limit LE touches due to their control style offense. Likewise LE is an extremely quick team. Who has the field goal kicker to win?

• Like 1

I really do not see similarities in this team and the 09 hawk team. The 09 team had some stud athletes at skill positions that really made them go.

The current hawk team and starting last year when they reverted to the wing t, I believe they realized they are not going to have more studs than the teams on their schedule. They are running on the deceptive run plays and playing good defense. They lack the passing game that the 09 team had. If we can stuff the run then this will be a LONG game for the hawks...but that is a BIG IF. Good news is that we have faced several runningbacks already that are quicker and stronger than any backs we will see this week. The King kid from atlanta was impressive, he had more success against us than the Ingram kid from Carthage did.

There are more studs than you are accounting for. While they may not be Graves, Duff, Banks, Phillips & etc......the Hawks this year are fielding a team of depth and really good size. The offensive and defensive line are big & they rotate in/out a lot. The LB corp is really strong & we have a safety that plays like a LB as well. While I agree with you that the Wing T is deceptive, Coach G is running more of a smash mouth style this year. Finally, don't think that because they don't pass much it means that there is no passing game. Our QB is quite capable of doing the job. You also mention that the Leopards have faced quicker & stronger backs........I don't doubt that. But remember this: the Hawks can & will trot out many good backs & it is almost (I did say almost) impossible to key on them all. The main difference that will swing this game is the defense's overall team spead. It might prove to be difficult to spread them out & let your playmakers make plays.........This team really swarms to the ball. Play-action may also prove to be tough because your QB will not have time to let a play develop due to the great line play I expect from this team. Just my two cents.

• Like 1