Week Six: Longview 31 Rockwall 21

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (2-3)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

Dude, that's not a given.. But I think coach saw the light.. Js

Dude...if it's not King it will more than likely be Carter from now on .

The proverbial writing on the wall has been written !

I saw that zone read run/pass option run to perfection by Lamar U against NSU a couple of weeks ago. It is highly effective a couple of times a game. Extreme pressure on a CB.

I've heard some comparisons of A'Darius Carter to the way Texas used Tyrone Swoopes (18-wheeler) last season, but AC is no "gimmick" athlete at quarterback, he's an excellent passer.

I'm glad to see we're establishing his bonfafides as a running threat, and I wished we'd been doing this since week 1. Nevertheless, I hope it makes defenses load the box when he's in the game.

As long as Lawson is not under center, I don't care who gets the more reps.

King and Carter compliment each other well, imo. But no. Lawson, just no.

That's the duo that should've been in any rotation throughout.

No more meaningful snaps again for the other Senior QB unless and only if there's a dire necessity.

After seeing you guys play now, King is the guy hands down. Lawson and Carter are both incredible in open field. The wildcat formation isn't going away anytime soon after all the damage they handed us. I think JK figured out now what he wants to do from here and gets all his playmarkers touches from various formations and HK polishes his passing game along the way.

I think LV rolls RW with this new offense or figured out offense

Can't see us rolling Rockwall. Not with their prolific offense, that will most likely torch us in the first half.

Stick with Haynes, use Carter some in the wildcat like we did against Lee and go from there. Have to figure out our first half woes or this will be a similar adventure to the Horn game.

• Like 2

Can't see us rolling Rockwall. Not with their prolific offense, that will most likely torch us in the first half.

Stick with Haynes, use Carter some in the wildcat like we did against Lee and go from there. Have to figure out our first half woes or this will be a similar adventure to the Horn game.

I see this game as somewhat similar (but far less of a cluster####) than the Horn game.

We lead something like 10-7 after the 1st, then Rockwall gets a few big plays and leads going into the half... maybe 28-17.

Then the offense starts rolling in the 3rd, and Rockwall scores late to make it seem closer.

Lobos win, 44-38.

It's hard to say how this game will unfold. Key thing is Longview's offense has no identity yet. That's really unsettling being this is the sixth game of the year. This is the game I marked as the key district game during pre season. I felt Rockwall and JT were going to be our biggest challenges. Now we have to win every game. I know another loss in no way eliminates us from the playoffs, but it sure puts a lot of pressure on us. We will see what this team is made of Friday. Rockwall just lost and feels the pressure too. I'm really going to try and make this one.

• Like 1

Key thing is Longview's offense has no identity yet...

But they totally do! They just don't know it yet. :P

1.) A'Darius Carter is a legit running threat with a cannon arm. LBs must play up on him. With the perimeter speed of our backs, they must respect the fake handoff. This means we've got the first decisive step every play. Every. Play.

2.) Yes, losing Jessie "All Day Beast Mode" Anderson hurts our running game, but rumors of the death of the Lobo running game have been grossly exaggerated. Keilyn Williams is no slouch, he just needs a little space. But the kid has magic. Paul Hutchins isn't shy about lowering his head for extra yardage, and Jaquan Edwards is a solid change of pace back.

3.) Haynes King can throw a frozen rope on the run from 30-50 yards. If our receivers can catch just 50 percent of his passes, he'll have at least 200 yards through the air.

This team reminds me of a great scene from the '90s flick Swingers. We're this big drooling beast with huge fangs and claws, but we're scared! We're scared and we don't know how to kill little bunnies:

(Caution: this scene has NSFW language!)

• Like 1

lobooldschool...

I'll respectfully disagree. Longview's​ offense just found their identity this past game against Lee.

Haynes King starting and running the offense as well as the complement of A'Darius Carter stepping in to run the "Dirty Bird" power run package we did see what the Lobos can be for the remainder of the season.

The "experiment" of the initial part of this season has ended...hopefully !

It will work IF they will simply stick with it....

• Like 1

It will work IF they will simply stick with it....

The way the coaching staff has approached this offense/season, that's a big IF.

But agreed, the Lee game showed what they can do if they just stick with things.

Yea Randy youre correct IF we stick with it. Their identity is still developing. IE Carter. Great short yardage threat but NOT established as a true threat at recievef yet. Great TE that has yet to be established as a threat. Two good starting wideouts that havent played to their potential yet. Running game is as good as the holes provided. Identity will be truely established when all this comes together and WORKS at the same time. We have the potential to be a really good offense, I mean an offense that can play with anyone. A lot of things go into that. Timing on routs between QB and receivers, that is still growing. The running backs looked the best thay have in the second half last week, but again they cant make a hole. Too small. All this is still developing. IE OL and all the injuries. Thats why i said they still havent found there identity. When each becomes a viable dangerous threat and hitting on all cylinders thats when we will have established our true identity and be scarey good. Just my take.

• Like 1

Seems to me after last week Carter should have started all along. I mean if the WRs can't catch the dang ball then you have a better offense with Carter since he is good for at least 3-5 up the middle every time and complements the run game much better. His completion percentage at very least would be as good as Haynes rn right now. Hate to say but if WRs aren't catching the ball by now then it is what it is