Week Six: Longview 31 Rockwall 21

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (2-3)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

Not saying another thing!!! Since you all know better!

Listen...you will banned during the next game you incessantly TROLL !!

Consider this as your warning !!

Understand ??

• Like 1

I agree on the 3rd and 1 he might have got it

Absolutely agree.

Shouldve used Carter more, and score doesnt reflect how much Longview dominated to be honest. Jackets played right into our game plan with that 18 play drive, and they got nothing out of it.

I wouldn't read too much into Carr 3 int...secondary coaching is still bad and Lobos routinely get exposed

This coming from a poster who picked Rockwall.

Longview forced FIVE turnovers !

Of course, Carr's THREE INT's will be perhaps the Defensive Player of the Week in all of East Texas !

I will agree the Defensive scheme does lack something to be desired but to find fault with the results tonight is simply ridiculous !

I will agree the Defensive scheme does lack something to be desired but to find fault with the results tonight is simply ridiculous !

I don't think he's saying anything other than that tbh.

The only real big gainer Rockwall had was that same dang play that they ran maybe 3 times and it was the deep long bomb that our guy just couldn't close off. They scored on every drive they ran the play on.

I'm not reading through the thread but is King the starting QB?

Yes...sir !

King went something like 10-16 (as paraphrased by Lobo color analyst Johnny Vaughn).

Actually no decent stats were given...anyways.

He threw for somewhere in the 130 yard neighborhood with 2 TD passes.

He went the distance as well.

I think Carter only took one snap at QB tonight.

Lawson didn't take any unless it was the kneeling.

King had a really solid game imo. There were some overthrows here and there. The only really bad one was right before Williams fumbled. That one was a horrible decision and definitely should've been intercepted. Also the sack, he should've just thrown it away. But overall, really solid night against a defense that was coming for him a lot.

Yes...sir !

King went something like 10-16 (as paraphrased by Lobo color analyst Johnny Vaughn).

Actually no decent stats were given...anyways.

He went the distance as well.

Good! He is an absolute player! We have played a lot of baseball with and against him. I've talked to John several times and he always told me he would have to win the position in flying colors.

I wish we had John as a coach!

I don't think he's saying anything other than that tbh.

He CLEARLY stated not to read anything into Carr's 3 INT's....as IF it was a fluke !

THAT was my interpretation.

To be honest !

All Jalen Carr did tonight was to get some future recruiting recognition which he definitely earned...imho !

He CLEARLY stated not to read anything into Carr's 3 INT's....as IF it was a fluke !

THAT was my interpretation.

To be honest !

All Jalen Carr did tonight was to get some himself

some future recruiting recognition which he definitely earned...imho !

To each their own I guess.

Rockwall's QB had some pretty poor throws tonight I thought. Our guys were all over him, and he was hitting that turf a ton. I think it's effected his game throughout the night.

Defense still got pretty shredded overall, and had all of us thinking we were going to let this one get away from us. Thankfully two picks in the final three minutes put any thought of that to rest.

My goodness ! It's a team effort.

The Defense clearly made plays to win the game.

Much like Horn thumping Longview two weeks ago forcing turnovers was THE key for that loss just as the win tonight was because of Longview's ability to force turnovers.

Longview scored 14 of their 31 points directly off of Rockwall's five miscues !

Plus the last two effectively nailed Rockwall's coffin.

My goodness ! It's a team effort.

The Defense clearly made plays to win the game.

Nobody is saying they didn't. You're taking everything the wrong way.

Team made plays to win. Both sides of the ball.

Rockwall is an extremely good offensively minded team. Their defense has been playing better of late, but they still aren't what we all expected them to be before the season.

Just will leave it at that. They got their yards, but the Lobos bent and didn't break when it mattered most...which is what most of us expected before the season started they would be like.

I think the best thing for Longview, aside from the upcoming bye week and finally a chance to get healthy a little bit, is that they've faced the 3 best QBs this district has to hand out. I don't know much about North Mesquite yet, but they certainly don't have anyone like the last 3 QBs we've faced.

I'm not taking anything the wrong way.

I tend to look for positives instead of the constant negative that a good number of Lobo posters dwell upon.

You mentioned Longview's Defense was "shredded" tonight. Hmmmm... shredded defenses typically don't​ make enough plays to lead their team to a win.

They held a team that had been averaging over 41 points a game to 21...their season low as a matter of fact.

I'll give you "bend but not break" but "shredded"... really ?

Forcing FIVE turnovers is the reason Longview won.

I'll give you "bend but not break" but "shredded"... really ?

400 yards in a game that was extremely shortened by long drives? Yes shredded.

Rockwall had 3 drives in the first half...one was 8 minutes and 18 plays. They didn't take the ball in the 2nd half until there was 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Then had that drive plus four more drives (one of the drives being when the game was over with).

So that's 8 total drives in the game for 400 yards. Did the defense create turnovers? Yes. One at the start, one at the end of the half that saved the game for the Lobos in the end, one on a kickoff (so not actually the defense), and then two picks when Rockwall was forcing things. It won us the game. No one is denying that. But Rockwall still never once punted. They came close numerous times on the long 3rd down plays they had, but we let them get out of it constantly.

Just things to work on continually for the defense. Nothing more, nothing less.

They made the plays when they had to and won the game. Nothing wrong with pointing those things out.

• Like 1

. . .

Yep. I got Haynes going 10-of-16 for 125yds and 2tds.

Don't think we had a RB break the century mark, though I know we had over 100yds as a team.