Week Six: Longview 31 Rockwall 21

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (2-3)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

well, I bet you could say it about last night. Go watch the video of JT/Rockwall game. I guarantee the Longview Offense doesn't put the defense in the same position as JT does. JT was going 3 and out quickly. Whether you guys win the time of possession or not, you at least control the clock enough to give your defense some rest.

At halftime, the time of possession was Rockwall having the ball over 15 minutes and us just barely at 8 minutes.

Rockwall completely controlled the first half, and fumbled away their chances at a win with it when they didn't score on the long drive imo. But Longview went down the 3 and out road against Mesquite Horn (along with 6 turnovers). If y'all have a similar 3 and out night against Horn, y'all will have a similar experience to what we had.

• Like 1

I believe a team can win with any style of offense when they field the better defense. Rockwall has a terrible defense shown both during preseason (1-2) and now during district (1-2). You yourself said Rockwall has a good offense, so why are they 2-4?

depends. I don't care what type of defense you have, you still got to score points. If you keep going 3 and out, like they did against Rockwall, then you probably not going to win. And yes, Rockwall defense hasn't been great, but JT offense hasn't been great either.

Again, I know where you are going with your view of the team's defense. No debate from me. I just think this team hasn't played up to its potential at all this yr, from both sides of the ball. We can debate if its coaching or players or whatever. I just know they should be better and hopefully they will be.

depends. I don't care what type of defense you have, you still got to score points. If you keep going 3 and out, like they did against Rockwall, then you probably not going to win. And yes, Rockwall defense hasn't been great, but JT offense hasn't been great either.

Again, I know where you are going with your view of the team's defense. No debate from me. I just think this team hasn't played up to its potential at all this yr, from both sides of the ball. We can debate if its coaching or players or whatever. I just know they should be better and hopefully they will be.

Did you really expect the JT offense to score 40-50 ppg after losing 85 plus percent of it's production players? What's the defenses' excuse besides poor coordination?

At halftime, the time of possession was Rockwall having the ball over 15 minutes and us just barely at 8 minutes.

Rockwall completely controlled the first half, and fumbled away their chances at a win with it when they didn't score on the long drive imo. But Longview went down the 3 and out road against Mesquite Horn (along with 6 turnovers). If y'all have a similar 3 and out night against Horn, y'all will have a similar experience to what we had.

Longview defense surrendered 16 points to LP. JT got bent over for 44 by the LP offense. Horn could have a keg party for the players the day of the game and still score 50 against JT's defensive coordination.

Longview defense surrendered 16 points to LP. JT got bent over for 44 by the LP offense. Horn could have a keg party for the players the day of the game and still score 50 against JT's defensive coordination.

First team only gave up 10 to Lp but I got ya lol

Rockwall was slow.... very.... defense a bunch of over rated players

You need to go play catch

U are the dude that's happy with an 85 on a quiz but gets a 70 on the final .... ha!

several major d1 university scouts and coaches say otherwise but what do they know you're prolly right

They should be dominant ... but just aren't at all! Not saying it's all their fault , but I didn't see the such great play out of them ! They got sucked in numerous times on play action , longview ran the ball well enough and they didn't put tons of pressure on king! I never said they are awfull players individually.... just not what I thought from soooooo many D-1 players. Heck to me Longview's front 7 played better and they dint have any d-1 players!

If you look at Rockwall since Webb took over you find that they always start slow and finish fast. They are doing the same they did last year and the year before. Longview and Rockwall are close in talent and Longview simply won the game because they caused turnovers. There is no doubt that Rockwall's defense has not lived up to expectations but I would not say they are trash. All of Rockwall loses have been close to some good teams. They lost to Heath and Longview last year and still made the playoffs. I would not break out the shovels just yet.

If you lose every game to a good team you are not a good team correct?

Absolutely wrong.

Good beating good means you loss to a better team.

Just cause you lose to a good team does not make you a bad team....that's asinine thinking but then again that is no surprise coming from you.

You don't call Rockwall bad for losing to teams like Longview and Heath. You'd call them bad for losing to teams like Lee and Mesquite.