Week Six: Longview 31 Rockwall 21

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (2-3)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

I think Longview is gonna be in trouble this game. I just can't see their DB's holding up to Rockwall's passing attack. The Jackets by 14 points.

You are probably basing that opinion from the horn game but the offense was so bad and put the defense in bad spot time and time again. They played much better in the second half and horn was still throwing with 1s in the game. I attribute that loss to bad coaching and bad offense. Horn is good but they are what they always are and we usually beat them even when we aren't as good like last year. Hopefully we finally see a solid performance from coaches to players this week. We have yet to see the full potential of this team and if we don't see a lot more of that potential then we lose this week.

I mean the defense gave up over 500 yards against Horn. They were just as bad as the coaching staff and the offense. Nobody in the Horn game looked good, even Kessler was horrific.

Im going to say that that is by far the worst we see this team play this entire season. At least Im hoping it is.

If we play anywhere near as bad as we did against Horn, we will give up 70 tonight.

I mean the defense gave up over 500 yards against Horn. They were just as bad as the coaching staff and the offense. Nobody in the Horn game looked good, even Kessler was horrific.

Im going to say that that is by far the worst we see this team play this entire season. At least Im hoping it is.

If we play anywhere near as bad as we did against Horn, we will give up 70 tonight.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this post. All the talk about the Lobos offense and quietly, under the radar the Defense has been horrendous. Longview will have a hard time stopping Rockwall's offense. Looks like another long night for the Lobo's. I wonder if King really might be on the hot seat.

70?? I'm not saying all that.. y'all can't be that worse than JT on defense when we played them. JT couldn't stop the long ball, because they the coaches wouldn't switch the DB that kept getting beat by the same person and also would never put a safety over the top to help.

70?? I'm not saying all that.. y'all can't be that worse than JT on defense when we played them. JT couldn't stop the long ball, because they the coaches wouldn't switch the DB that kept getting beat by the same person and also would never put a safety over the top to help.

I didn't say we would give up 70 tonight.

I don't think we'll come close to giving up that.

I'm saying if we play at anywhere similar to how we played against Mesquite Horn, then yes. We will give up 70.

That includes giving up 6 turnovers again. That includes giving up shanked punts. That includes giving them touchdowns off fumble returns. That includes horrendous coaching on both sides of the ball.

That Mesquite Horn game was by far the worst we have played/coached/everything in between since that 2012 season against Mesquite/Coppell.

Didn't mean to say they played good but when u give 6 extra possessions against a great offense u will give up a lot of yards. Most of that came in first half with all the turnovers.... Second half they tightened up and offense held onto the ball.

Didn't mean to say they played good but when u give 6 extra possessions against a great offense u will give up a lot of yards. Most of that came in first half with all the turnovers.... Second half they tightened up and offense held onto the ball.

This is exactly the point I was making about JT, with all of the three and out. The more opportunities you give this offense more yards and points they going to get, not excusing JT's defense. It's going to take ball control.

For what its worth, Longview has scored at least 30 in 8 straight games and at least 20 in 27 games. Id have to confirm, but I believe thats a record for both. And ones that will have to continue to have a chance tonight.