Texas Rangers 2017/2018 Offseason

Stoney

We could use a righty to team with Fister and break up the lefty dominant rotation. Especially if Banny gets his wish and goes with a 6 man rotation. Lincecum could be that guy. JD likes reclamation projects. Plus with Davis’ hamstringing the payroll it won’t be a expensive vet that we sign. Heck we couldn’t bring back Cashner for $8m. 

On 2/15/2018 at 5:52 PM, elifromlovelady said:

Rangers fans are so delusional it's not even funny. Sad.  Pathetic franchise. Pathetic owner. Pathetic manager. Pathetic that the fact that they have Texas on their jerseys. There 1 team in Texas. And that' the 2017 world champion astros!

Are you talking about the same Astros that were the emoji for a flaming bag of poo for the greater part of 10 years prior to the WS win?  

On 2/15/2018 at 8:05 PM, elifromlovelady said:

Nope not me. I was always an Astros fan. Could care less about the rangers. Then all the rangers fans came out of the woodwork in 2010. Bandwagon galore!!!

Seriously?? I didn't know Astros fans existed until the playoffs this past year! You talk about coming out the woodworks. 'Stros fans have lived there for the past 13 years :lol: :rofl:

I respect all fans who stick it out through the #### years. Especially Astros fans (The few real ones there are) because y'all ate garbage for years and years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Seriously?? I didn't know Astros fans existed until the playoffs this past year! You talk about coming out the woodworks. 'Stros fans have lived there for the past 13 years :lol: :rofl:

I respect all fans who stick it out through the #### years. Especially Astros fans (The few real ones there are) because y'all ate garbage for years and years. 

True on both accounts.  Rangers go to the WS and all of a sudden every rich family in DFW have a T-shirt and tickets to the games... 

Same for Houston... 

I've been a Rangers fan for a while, but I am not hardcore on baseball.  I love the game, its relaxing.  I catch 1-2 games live each season in the stadium and watch sporadically on TV during the summer.  But, I also stuck with the Rangers, even as a kid in Louisiana.

13 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

True on both accounts.  Rangers go to the WS and all of a sudden every rich family in DFW have a T-shirt and tickets to the games... 

Same for Houston... 

I've been a Rangers fan for a while, but I am not hardcore on baseball.  I love the game, its relaxing.  I catch 1-2 games live each season in the stadium and watch sporadically on TV during the summer.  But, I also stuck with the Rangers, even as a kid in Louisiana.

Fairweather fans is more accurate. It's ridiculous for this dude to call Ranger fans bandwagoners galore. I'm not calling Astros fans bandwagoners, they were bad for so long so you never heard from em. It happens to every team that goes through a slump. 

I think my first Ranger game was when I was 1. We've had season tickets almost every year and I've sat in the heat numerous times to watch games. My birthday present every year was going to a Rangers game. I live in the Arlington area and let me tell ya, there ain't nothing bandwagon about Ranger fans. We may stink but I'll support em and be vocal about it no matter how bad they are. 

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

Fairweather fans is more accurate. It's ridiculous for this dude to call Ranger fans bandwagoners galore. I'm not calling Astros fans bandwagoners, they were bad for so long so you never heard from em. It happens to every team that goes through a slump. 

I think my first Ranger game was when I was 1. We've had season tickets almost every year and I've sat in the heat numerous times to watch games. My birthday present every year was going to a Rangers game. I live in the Arlington area and let me tell ya, there ain't nothing bandwagon about Ranger fans. We may stink but I'll support em and be vocal about it no matter how bad they are. 

The true bandwagoners are the ones that say "I will cheer for the Astros if the Rangers don't win."  I see a lot of that in this state... A lot of new Astro fans in October that used to be Rangers fans...

5 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

All you have to do is scan down this forum to show how totally absurd that statement is. There is a core group here that has been on this forum for 4-5 years backing them and pointing toward 2016-2017.  You don't have to do research. Just read.    You guys kill me acting like the Astros have never been good and the Rangers always have been. Selective memory going on here.  Who got to the World Series first ?    If it makes you feel better to say we were terrible for 5-6 years enjoy that thought. Let's see how long it takes you guys to get back up.

Both teams have bandwagon fans.....who doesn't.    Look and see how many (2 in my mind) stayed true and faithful to the Rangers last year. Of course we keep our discussion on one thread instead of starting a new one every series   :mower:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

All you have to do is scan down this forum to show how totally absurd that statement is. There is a core group here that has been on this forum for 4-5 years backing them and pointing toward 2016-2017.  You don't have to do research. Just read.    You guys kill me acting like the Astros have never been good and the Rangers always have been. Selective memory going on here.  Who got to the World Series first ?    If it makes you feel better to say we were terrible for 5-6 years enjoy that thought. Let's see how long it takes you guys to get back up.

Both teams have bandwagon fans.....who doesn't.    Look and see how many (2 in my mind) stayed true and faithful to the Rangers last year. Of course we keep our discussion on one thread instead of starting a new one every series   :mower:

That's why if you read my whole post rather than picking out just the top part I give y'all credit for being the few real ones on here. Just read. 

And I agree with your second point. Every team has em. But homeboy up top said Rangers fans are bandwagoners galore, which isn't true lol. I'll defend that statement. We all go through the dumps, even the teams that are normally good. I don't have to post on smoaky to validate my fandom for the Rangers. My season tickets validate that.

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The true bandwagoners are the ones that say "I will cheer for the Astros if the Rangers don't win."  I see a lot of that in this state... A lot of new Astro fans in October that used to be Rangers fans...

Naturally as a Ranger fan you were rooting for the Dodgers. But this whole "because they're from Texas I'll root for them" thing is just dumb. 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Naturally as a Ranger fan you were rooting for the Dodgers. But this whole "because they're from Texas I'll root for them" thing is just dumb. 

Naturally as a Rangers fan, I rooted for a good series and didn't care who won.  But hey, keep reading my mind, you are good at it :) 

• 2 weeks later...