Waskom @ EF Friday Night 7:30

Wild74

Waskom VS EF  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Series EF 37 Wins Waskom 34 Wins 5 ties

After watching Arp get demolished Friday night it is hard to call this game, I was thinking Waskom could beat EF this year, Waskom matched up good against Jefferson and EF was behind them early with a late comeback. Waskom barely beat Arp but EF destroyed Arp. I have to say advantage EF as Waskom does not do good against good throwing teams. Waskom will have to pressure the EF QB something Arp never did all night against EF. EF stacks a lot of defensive people right at the line, Waskom will have to complete a pass or two to back them off. Passing is not a Waskom strong point. This series is almost even with EF being dominate the last 20 years except for 3 out of the last 4. Look for a full house and hope for a tight game if Waskom can bring the pressure to the QB. If Waskom can't bring pressure then Waskom gets beat.

Think it's too many youngsters playing all to once, ain't seasoned enough yet, maybe a year removed from forcing the game on opponents. Jmho

close.... more along the lines of speeding the process up. Aint the first time Arp was in this position and went this route. Check out 2011. Youll see something real similar. 0-5 then ripped 7 in a row off to get beat in the state qtr final ending the season at 7-6.

West Rusk will lose to Arp, Waskom and EF BY AN AVG OF 21-7!

Troup will beat Arp. WR will beat Waskom and Arp the winner of EF and WR wins district

close.... more along the lines of speeding the process up. Aint the first time Arp was in this position and went this route. Check out 2011. Youll see something real similar. 0-5 then ripped 7 in a row off to get beat in the state qtr final ending the season at 7-6.

i remember that season. . We lost to yall 3rd round in buffalo. . It was a very good game the first half.. With arp pulling ahead in the second half..

But... Yall also had a heck of a qb that year with some good running backs.. Haven't seen yall play this year mr jj, but in your honest opinion can you compare this years team to the 2011.. And if so what way?

i remember that season. . We lost to yall 3rd round in buffalo. . It was a very good game the first half.. With arp pulling ahead in the second half..

But... Yall also had a heck of a qb that year with some good running backs.. Haven't seen yall play this year mr jj, but in your honest opinion can you compare this years team to the 2011.. And if so what way?

absolutely. Talent wise we are better. Approach we took the same route. Arp hasnt even begun to use its upper class man. Theyve continued to let the sophomores get better and learn lessons. Arp wont ever have another class like that one so its good theyve had to learn the hard way just like in 2011. It paid off and when our backs where against the wall and sr rb McClendon went out for the season young freshmen Johnson (SMU RB) had to come in and he was ready. Sometimes you just got to see what makes you better and go with it. Folks act like coaches dont strategize and exploit what gives them the best chance to win when it matters. The great ones do this a lot especially at the lower levels. And especially when you have two of the nations most talented athletes in high school!!! Which Arp has!

Oh that qb you speak of I got hell because I told everyone that year Arp had a D1 qb. They all said jj was crazy. We was 0-5 and everyone said jj was nuts when he said that our D1 qb would lead us on a deep run. Well I was right on both accounts. Kyle Copeland played and started at D1 qb till he graduated just this past spring. Guess I got the last laugh.

absolutely. Talent wise we are better. Approach we took the same route. Arp hasnt even begun to use its upper class man. Theyve continued to let the sophomores get better and learn lessons. Arp wont ever have another class like that one so its good theyve had to learn the hard way just like in 2011. It paid off and when our backs where against the wall and sr rb McClendon went out for the season young freshmen Johnson (SMU RB) had to come in and he was ready. Sometimes you just got to see what makes you better and go with it. Folks act like coaches dont strategize and exploit what gives them the best chance to win when it matters. The great ones do this a lot especially at the lower levels. And especially when you have two of the nations most talented athletes in high school!!! Which Arp has!

im a firm believer that it pays off in the long run to give the young ones some playing time..

Corrigan was struck with the young bug i guess u can call it this year.. Haha several sophomores r starting but we've made some adjustments in some key spots and it seems to b working.. Our qb that u seen play for us last year is a senior this year and we r actually rotating him from RB to QB never know where he's gonna b on the field. . and we have a jr RB and a sophomore RB that can fly if they can get in open field. . they r learning quick as they get more games under their belts..

Im excited to see how district goes.. I believe when we play garrison the winner will take 2nd in district. .

im a firm believer that it pays off in the long run to give the young ones some playing time..

Corrigan was struck with the young bug i guess u can call it this year.. Haha several sophomores r starting but we've made some adjustments in some key spots and it seems to b working.. Our qb that u seen play for us last year is a senior this year and we r actually rotating him from RB to QB never know where he's gonna b on the field. . and we have a jr RB and a sophomore RB that can fly if they can get in open field. . they r learning quick as they get more games under their belts..

Im excited to see how district goes.. I believe when we play garrison the winner will take 2nd in district. .

we have had 8-9 sophomores playing both ways most of the year. Some for experience others filling in for injuries. It happens. All schools are young at some point. Its knowing how to get them to grow up fast is what makes the difference on them being successful later in the year or not. Now theres never a guaranteed way but theres way to give you best chances. Great coaches exploit that imo

we have had 8-9 sophomores playing both ways most of the year. Some for experience others filling in for injuries. It happens. All schools are young at some point. Its knowing how to get them to grow up fast is what makes the difference on them being successful later in the year or not. Now theres never a guaranteed way but theres way to give you best chances. Great coaches exploit that imo

yes sir you r very right on that! I've seen so many times over the years from different teams that if the coaches would have made just one switch in positions. . it would have changed everything for the good..

bahahaha. I was at the game Friday and Arp tried everything in the book to stop Ef. They had no answers no matter who was on the field. The 4th quater ef put in mostly back ups and Arp still did nothing.