Waskom @ EF Friday Night 7:30

Wild74

Waskom VS EF  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Series EF 37 Wins Waskom 34 Wins 5 ties

This was a rivalry game, and the score goes back to the old days when the game was on the line late. Bad officiating maybe I guess it is your point of view while watching. Two half's of football totally different from the first. This game had it all, trick plays, late hits, rumbling of which I don't like you can play football without fighting, need to stay disciplined and focus on the game. I was celebrating for most of the game and then hung on to my seat for the ending of the game. I saw a great game tonight, not because we won ( that helps) but because two good teams was fighting to the end.

+1

I agree both players shouldve been ejected. The only other call I had a problem with was the fumbled punt, but maybe I missed the fair catch signal.

I didn't see it either but a friend said they did so I going to plead fifth on the fair catch . I just look at EF and wonder with their personnel why they don't just run behind them big OL with the 2 RB's in a I formation or split back old school EF style and pass when they need too I really think play calling has hurt EF! Waskom out played us and deserved to win but as a fan I am left scratching my head when we have that much of a size advantage on line and we just refuse to attempt to run football ! I admire waskom coach for sticking to his guns passed like 4 times all night and all of them was big plays. What I wouldn't give for a run first coach but the passing is exciting when it's clicking lol guess I am just old school
  • Like 2

This was a rivalry game, and the score goes back to the old days when the game was on the line late. Bad officiating maybe I guess it is your point of view while watching. Two half's of football totally different from the first. This game had it all, trick plays, late hits, rumbling of which I don't like you can play football without fighting, need to stay disciplined and focus on the game. I was celebrating for most of the game and then hung on to my seat for the ending of the game. I saw a great game tonight, not because we won ( that helps) but because two good teams was fighting to the end.

well said !

I will give my opinion on the punt and it was the same opinion I had during the game, our player didn't give the EF play a fair chance to catch the ball I thought he was to close and that was what drew the flag. Right call but I still didn't like it at the time because it hurt our position on the field

Anybody tell me why EF called timeout allowing waskom to kick FG ? If your going to conserve time call it earlier didn't make sense to me at all , I thought waskom was out of timeouts which really makes it look bad cause looked as if keeling was content to go into OT just seemed odd to me

I didn't see it either but a friend said they did so I going to plead fifth on the fair catch . I just look at EF and wonder with their personnel why they don't just run behind them big OL with the 2 RB's in a I formation or split back old school EF style and pass when they need too I really think play calling has hurt EF! Waskom out played us and deserved to win but as a fan I am left scratching my head when we have that much of a size advantage on line and we just refuse to attempt to run football ! I admire waskom coach for sticking to his guns passed like 4 times all night and all of them was big plays. What I wouldn't give for a run first coach but the passing is exciting when it's clicking lol guess I am just old school

+1000

Anybody tell me why EF called timeout allowing waskom to kick FG ? If your going to conserve time call it earlier didn't make sense to me at all , I thought waskom was out of timeouts which really makes it look bad cause looked as if keeling was content to go into OT just seemed odd to me

Not at all, there was plenty of time left for the FG. Waskom was set and the center was watching the clock tick down before he snapped it. Surprised EF didnt call it sooner

Only thing I could come up with was to "ice" the kicker!! Those Tapia's, those fellers got ice water on their veins!! Got a kick out of thr coaches on the booth. All I could remember on the fake punt was them yelling WE GOT THIS, WE GOT THIS after seeing how EF was lined up for the punt.

I was wondering the same. I don't know why y'alls coach insists on forcing the spread when he doesn't have the personnel to make it work, rspecially when you have two of the best backs on Smith and Johnson at your disposal. Use the run to "set ip" your passing game. The quarternack you have isn't of the same caliber that you had last season, very prone to the pick, as evidenced last night. The coach seems hell bent on living and dying by his ill advised pasdong game though.

• Like 1

I wasn't there but the pass is a huge factor in EF that's why they are good! Why is Waskom good cause they can run it!!! The difference is this. Coach Keeling and his Staff. That's why they win. I remember ford when he was at NAC he is very arrogant and thinks he can out coach anyone by hisself. I'm glad Waskom won. Sounds like they deserved it and had some calls go against them. How do you let a kid take off his helmet and try to fight and not get ejected???? I don't care what happened.

• Like 1

I wasn't there but the pass is a huge factor in EF that's why they are good! Why is Waskom good cause they can run it!!! The difference is this. Coach Keeling and his Staff. That's why they win. I remember ford when he was at NAC he is very arrogant and thinks he can out coach anyone by hisself. I'm glad Waskom won. Sounds like they deserved it and had some calls go against them. How do you let a kid take off his helmet and try to fight and not get ejected???? I don't care what happened.

Keeling and company are fun to be around and pretty as good as it gets. Coach X

Part of the reason that Ford is 1-4 versus Keeling. Can someone tell me the last coach that had a losing record versus Waskom? You may be digging for a while.

Part of the reason that Ford is 1-4 versus Keeling. Can someone tell me the last coach that had a losing record versus Waskom? You may be digging for a while.

Billy Rhodes

Danny Malone

Ted Mitchell

Have to go back to the 70's and early 80's

Not at all, there was plenty of time left for the FG. Waskom was set and the center was watching the clock tick down before he snapped it. Surprised EF didnt call it sooner

Yeah I think once ford saw waskom was set up and still had plenty of time to milk the clock down and then kick it he called the time out to save his kick return and offense a chance to make something happen. I can be pretty critical of Ford sometimes but I think he did the right thing there or else he would have gotten the ball woth 1 or 2 seconds left instead of 10. They did have a chance for the Hail Mary at the end even though his QB didn't have the arm to get the ball to the end zone.

I don't know what was going on but the 40 second clock operator didn't start the 40 second clock until the ref blew the whistle, 40 sec clock starts almost immediately after the ball is down unless there is a penalty or ref stops play then it reverts back to 25 second. This cost EF a lot of playing time as we had all the time in the world to get a play off plus helped run the clock down to keep ya'lls offense off the field. Around the end of the third quarter he did start running it according to the rules. Not sure why the refs didn't say anything, but somebody did but it was to late. Just wondering if anyone else notice that?

I don't know what was going out but the 40 second clock operator didn't start the 40 second clock until the ref blew the whistle, 40 sec clock starts almost immediately after the ball is down unless there is a penalty or ref stops play then it reverts back to 25 second. This cost EF a lot of playing time as we had all the time in the world to get a play off plus helped run the clock down to keep ya'lls offense off the field. Around the end of the third quarter he did start running it according to the rules. Not sure why the refs didn't say anything, but somebody did but it was to late. Just wondering if anyone else notice that?

You old clock guys know all the tricks dont ya, lol!
  • Like 1

I don't know what was going on but the 40 second clock operator didn't start the 40 second clock until the ref blew the whistle, 40 sec clock starts almost immediately after the ball is down unless there is a penalty or ref stops play then it reverts back to 25 second. This cost EF a lot of playing time as we had all the time in the world to get a play off plus helped run the clock down to keep ya'lls offense off the field. Around the end of the third quarter he did start running it according to the rules. Not sure why the refs didn't say anything, but somebody did but it was to late. Just wondering if anyone else notice that?

It looked to me like he was trying to get the game over with when Waskom had what appeared to be a comfortable lead, but he realized EF had a chance he ran it correctly.