The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wild74

Waskom @ EF Friday Night 7:30

Waskom VS EF  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Series EF 37 Wins Waskom 34 Wins 5 ties

I didn't see it either but a friend said they did so I going to plead fifth on the fair catch . I just look at EF and wonder with their personnel why they don't just run behind them big OL with the 2 RB's in a I formation or split back old school EF style and pass when they need too I really think play calling has hurt EF! Waskom out played us and deserved to win but as a fan I am left scratching my head when we have that much of a size advantage on line and we just refuse to attempt to run football ! I admire waskom coach for sticking to his guns passed like 4 times all night and all of them was big plays. What I wouldn't give for a run first coach but the passing is exciting when it's clicking lol guess I am just old school

I was wondering the same. I don't know why y'alls coach insists on forcing the spread when he doesn't have the personnel to make it work, rspecially when you have two of the best backs on Smith and Johnson at your disposal. Use the run to "set ip" your passing game. The quarternack you have isn't of the same caliber that you had last season, very prone to the pick, as evidenced last night. The coach seems hell bent on living and dying by his ill advised pasdong game though.

• Like 1

I wasn't there but the pass is a huge factor in EF that's why they are good! Why is Waskom good cause they can run it!!! The difference is this. Coach Keeling and his Staff. That's why they win. I remember ford when he was at NAC he is very arrogant and thinks he can out coach anyone by hisself. I'm glad Waskom won. Sounds like they deserved it and had some calls go against them. How do you let a kid take off his helmet and try to fight and not get ejected???? I don't care what happened.

• Like 1

Arp.EF.Waskom.Beckville...tough final 4 games but I think WR wins out.

all bs aside WR could go 0-4. This is the time of year when West Rusk starts losing players right and left. Soft schedule idous

I wasn't there but the pass is a huge factor in EF that's why they are good! Why is Waskom good cause they can run it!!! The difference is this. Coach Keeling and his Staff. That's why they win. I remember ford when he was at NAC he is very arrogant and thinks he can out coach anyone by hisself. I'm glad Waskom won. Sounds like they deserved it and had some calls go against them. How do you let a kid take off his helmet and try to fight and not get ejected???? I don't care what happened.

Keeling and company are fun to be around and pretty as good as it gets. Coach X

I guess we found out bro. Couldn't beat us with 11 players and 5 refs.....

refs had nothing to do with the results dipshit. Lucky on the fake punt ir you lose.

Part of the reason that Ford is 1-4 versus Keeling. Can someone tell me the last coach that had a losing record versus Waskom? You may be digging for a while.

Part of the reason that Ford is 1-4 versus Keeling. Can someone tell me the last coach that had a losing record versus Waskom? You may be digging for a while.

Billy Rhodes

Danny Malone

Ted Mitchell

Have to go back to the 70's and early 80's

Not at all, there was plenty of time left for the FG. Waskom was set and the center was watching the clock tick down before he snapped it. Surprised EF didnt call it sooner

Yeah I think once ford saw waskom was set up and still had plenty of time to milk the clock down and then kick it he called the time out to save his kick return and offense a chance to make something happen. I can be pretty critical of Ford sometimes but I think he did the right thing there or else he would have gotten the ball woth 1 or 2 seconds left instead of 10. They did have a chance for the Hail Mary at the end even though his QB didn't have the arm to get the ball to the end zone.

I don't know what was going on but the 40 second clock operator didn't start the 40 second clock until the ref blew the whistle, 40 sec clock starts almost immediately after the ball is down unless there is a penalty or ref stops play then it reverts back to 25 second. This cost EF a lot of playing time as we had all the time in the world to get a play off plus helped run the clock down to keep ya'lls offense off the field. Around the end of the third quarter he did start running it according to the rules. Not sure why the refs didn't say anything, but somebody did but it was to late. Just wondering if anyone else notice that?

I don't know what was going out but the 40 second clock operator didn't start the 40 second clock until the ref blew the whistle, 40 sec clock starts almost immediately after the ball is down unless there is a penalty or ref stops play then it reverts back to 25 second. This cost EF a lot of playing time as we had all the time in the world to get a play off plus helped run the clock down to keep ya'lls offense off the field. Around the end of the third quarter he did start running it according to the rules. Not sure why the refs didn't say anything, but somebody did but it was to late. Just wondering if anyone else notice that?

You old clock guys know all the tricks dont ya, lol!
  • Like 1

I don't know what was going on but the 40 second clock operator didn't start the 40 second clock until the ref blew the whistle, 40 sec clock starts almost immediately after the ball is down unless there is a penalty or ref stops play then it reverts back to 25 second. This cost EF a lot of playing time as we had all the time in the world to get a play off plus helped run the clock down to keep ya'lls offense off the field. Around the end of the third quarter he did start running it according to the rules. Not sure why the refs didn't say anything, but somebody did but it was to late. Just wondering if anyone else notice that?

It looked to me like he was trying to get the game over with when Waskom had what appeared to be a comfortable lead, but he realized EF had a chance he ran it correctly.

refs had nothing to do with the results dipshit. Lucky on the fake punt ir you lose.

The refs had nothing to do with EF scoring, but they definitely played a role in the game.

Ef and waskom is always a good battle

No, not always, there have been blow outs on both sides............But it ain't never dull........

Ef and waskom is always a good battle

No, not always, there have been blow outs on both sides............But it ain't never dull........

Congratulations Waskom! I knew EF could not roll over you this year. Looks like a WR showdown coming up soon!

Congratulations Waskom! I knew EF could not roll over you this year. Looks like a WR showdown coming up soon!

WR is about to go on a 3 game slide and be in a dog fight with Beckville
  • Like 1

WR is about to go on a 3 game slide and be in a dog fight with Beckville

This is the same guy that after Tatum beat Arp he said and I quote " Tatum will only lose one game all year to Henderson " If I'm not mistaken since Tatum beat Arp they haven't won a game.

This is the same guy that after Tatum beat Arp he said and I quote " Tatum will only lose one game all year to Henderson " If I'm not mistaken since Tatum beat Arp they haven't won a game.

They have one win since beating Arp with a record of (1-5) since the two have played!

They beat Wills point I believe

Rivarly game bro...we may meet again in the playoffs..good luck the rest of the way.

You too. EF has a great team. Game could have went either way.

Dipshit... Really MF. Were on the same side here. Duh.. We both have wildcat in our screen names idiot.

So a fake punt is not a designed play. No luck designed play EF wasn't ready for.

• Like 1

Dipshit... Really MF. Were on the same side here. Duh.. We both have wildcat in our screen names idiot.

So a fake punt is not a designed play. No luck designed play EF wasn't ready for.

You had 12 men on the field on that play. So yes it was luck.

yup sure did. Boy was I wrong. Wheels fell off that one

yup sure did. Boy was I wrong. Wheels fell off that one

Yes Arp beat Alto (which is 1-6) got beat by HS which just got dismantled by WO which could only beat ND barely. So what's so impressive about Arps predistrict??? Please enlighten me

Yes Arp beat Alto (which is 1-6) got beat by HS which just got dismantled by WO which could only beat ND barely. So what's so impressive about Arps predistrict??? Please enlighten me

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. Arps offense hasn't even broke 30 points this season!

You had 12 men on the field on that play. So yes it was luck.

11 - looking at it now. I had to take my shoes off to count that high though...All in good fun. Good luck to both teams.