Waskom @ EF Friday Night 7:30

Wild74

Waskom VS EF  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Series EF 37 Wins Waskom 34 Wins 5 ties

Waskom won state 2yrs ago with only 2 offensive starters, so basing what players teams lost doesn't always predict the outcome, I didn't see EF beating Arp but to my surprise, it wasn't even close and if you wanna base scores of 14-13 or 37-0 I'm going with EF by 2 just cause it's a rivarly game.

+1

Arps run defense is a lot better that EFs.

Based on our game against Arp, looks like our defense is better than y'alls defense..but comparing our run defense to Arp's run defense won't be determined til we play Waskom and I do hope the EF team that showed up in Arp shows up against Waskom.

Actually Arp had no pass defense and no pressure on the QB. EF QB eat them alive along with the tall Myers young man, he was wide open a lot of the time and when he wasn't he used his height to jump and get the ball. I might add that both his mother and dad went to school at Waskom....:P

His dad did, I may be wrong about his mother

Based our game against Arp, looks like our defense is better than y'alls defense..but comparing our run defense to Arp's run defense won't be determined til we play Waskom and I do hope the EF team that showed up in Arp shows up against Waskom.

Im not basing my opinion on any game, just what Ive seen with my on eyes. The only time EF has seen speed like Waskoms was against Jefferson and we how that went.

Not sure who wins. But after watching Waskom a few times in the past. I bet the coaching staff has a better plan than Arp did. Seems Arp always underachieve except last year. I really think they overachieved last year. But I might. E wrong. EF might be that good.

Im not basing my opinion on any game, just what Ive seen with my on eyes. The only time EF has seen speed like Waskoms was against Jefferson and we how that went.

Winona was pretty fast and very dangerous in the open field, and I know Waskom had a close game against Jefferson but I know your really not comparing Waskom to Jefferson now are you?

Another thing once Arp started dropping back in coverage EF ran the ball fairly well also with Smith and the QB. It was a perfectly run offense doing what it was designed to do.

I figured the Overshown kid would have at least two or three picks against a passing team.

Actually Arp had no pass defense and no pressure on the QB. EF QB eat them alive along with the tall Myers young man, he was wide open a lot of the time and when he wasn't he used his height to jump and get the ball. I might add that both his mother and dad went to school at Waskom.... :P

His dad did, I may be wrong about his mother

Youre right she did too. Class of 97

• Like 1

I figured the Overshown kid would have at least two or three picks against a passing team.

He was in the middle for most of the night EF threw a lot of short out routes and long sideline routes, he made some good tackles but wasn't a factor all night.

Winona was pretty fast and very dangerous in the open field, and I know Waskom had a close game against Jefferson but I know your really not comparing Waskom to Jefferson now are you?

Waskom has good speed but not the size and speed Jefferson has. TK Hamilton will carry the very good speed, Hill and Sanford also have decent speed. We are quicker on offense than last year and defensively also, our pass defense worries me because Gormon was able to mount a good second half and we came out flat and fell on our face. Waskom played Jefferson a very good game in the first game of the year, but looks like to me Jefferson has gotten stronger or the teams they are playing are weaker.

Waskom has good speed but not the size and speed Jefferson has. TK Hamilton will carry the very good speed, Hill and Sanford also have decent speed. We are quicker on offense than last year and defensively also, our pass defense worries me because Gormon was able to mount a good second half and we came out flat and fell on our face. Waskom played Jefferson a very good game in the first game of the year, but looks like to me Jefferson has gotten stronger or the teams they are playing are weaker.

Frankston & Clarksville?

Not sure who wins. But after watching Waskom a few times in the past. I bet the coaching staff has a better plan than Arp did. Seems Arp always underachieve except last year. I really think they overachieved last year. But I might. E wrong. EF might be that good.

over achieved! Oh please enlighten me on this statement!

I just meant. I don't think Arp was that good last year. I think they made it further than any one thought except maybe you. They had 2 pretty good backs last year. And the QB was a big load. But unless you are blind. Arp doesn't have those kids this year. Surely you don't think the QB is anywhere as good? The RB 's are not even close. Overshown should get the ball more he is really there only chance to score.

Waskom won state 2yrs ago with only 2 offensive starters, so basing what players teams lost doesn't always predict the outcome, I didn't see EF beating Arp but to my surprise, it wasn't even close and if you wanna base scores of 14-13 or 37-0 I'm going with EF by 2 just cause it's a rivarly game.

I think Waskom had 11 offensive starters, like all teams do. 11 on defense too. We have 3 returning offensive starters from the championship season on offense BTW. 1 returning on defense from that team. Those young men were sophmores that season. They are seniors now. Makes a big difference.

I just meant. I don't think Arp was that good last year. I think they made it further than any one thought except maybe you. They had 2 pretty good backs last year. And the QB was a big load. But unless you are blind. Arp doesn't have those kids this year. Surely you don't think the QB is anywhere as good? The RB 's are not even close. Overshown should get the ball more he is really there only chance to score.

your the only person Ive seen other than hoodini who said Arp was not that good last year. As far as having guys to score this year well.... lets revisit that in a couple weeks

Man this is a boring thread. Everyone would have been suspended back in my day lol. Guess not enough confidence on either side this year. Waskom and E.F. has gotten to intertwined to hate each other anymore lol.

I was reading through this and I thought the same thing. I miss the days 88 and myself would go toe to toe with bigdav bigEd SJ Rock and lots of Waskom posters.

I think Waskom had 11 offensive starters, like all teams do. 11 on defense too. We have 3 returning offensive starters from the championship season on offense BTW. 1 returning on defense from that team. Those young men were sophmores that season. They are seniors now. Makes a big difference.

That was according from DC what they had returning, but if they we're just sophomores coming off that '15 team, why was last season a set back, wait I can answer that one myself Chan Aime had graduated and they should be dominating this yr as seniors if they was that good as sophomores.