Week Eight: North Mesquite at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (5-1) vs North Mesquite Stallions (3-3)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • North Mesquite in a close one
    • North Mesquite in a blow out

I remember a lot vs Allen that one year we were down like 17-0 at half to them and came back to win. And I remember even more fumbles that we recovered.

Just looked- it was 3. Felt like more, although we got our fair share in the 2nd half.

Nearly identical numbers in the 08 Lufkin game, with 5 fumbles but only 2 lost and 1INT. Another one that felt like so many more until we started to come back.

Also, 4 turnovers vs Waxahachie in 2009 and murdered them.

I remember a lot vs Allen that one year we were down like 17-0 at half to them and came back to win. And I remember even more fumbles that we recovered.

Just looked- it was 3. Felt like more, although we got our fair share in the 2nd half.

Nearly identical numbers in the 08 Lufkin game, with 5 fumbles but only 2 lost and 1INT. Another one that felt like so many more until we started to come back.

I still go back and watch that game on YouTube!

We started off so horrendously poor in that game. I still don't understand how the were able to turn it around so quickly in the middle of a half. Absolutely dominated Hachie after that first quarter.

In other news, North Mesquite has used a wolf howl to prepare their players for this weeks game. Back to back days of constant wolf howls blaring during practice for them.

And as was said in the group messages....

The only time they would hear that and a train horn would be when we scored.....

GO Lobos!

• Like 1

Some live in the past

Do enlighten us with some posts about this week's game then. Since nobody is saying anything about it.

Dang do you know ever stat. Yep you bad man

Not every one.

Not yet at least. I'm getting close though ;)

Do enlighten us with some posts about this week's game then. Since nobody is saying anything about it.

Not every one.

Not yet at least. I'm getting close though ;)

I was just thinking.... You catalog games well.... What if we could throw each "game" into a database with all sorts of metadata on it? That'd make looking things up much easier... Heck, you probably already do it.

For example, for our game vs Waxahachie in 2009, it'd have the following layout:

Home Team: Waxahachie

Away Team: Longview

Date: December 5

Year: 2009

Playoffs: True

District: False

Playoff Round: 4

Lobo Score: 50

Opponent Score: 26

Lobo Score Differential: +24

Lobo Yards: 436

Opponent Yards: 326

Lobo Passing Yards: 120

Lobo Rushing Yards: 316

Opponent Passing Yards: 208

Opponent Rushing Yards: 118

Lobo Turnovers: 4

Opponent Turnovers: 3

All that kinda stuff. So if you wanted to quickly know information, you could run a simple query:

Select * from game where 'Lobo_Turnovers' >4;

And that'd show you every game Longview has played with 5 or more turnovers. And you could do all sorts of stuff like this:

Select * from game where 'Opponent_Yards' - 'Lobo_Yards' > 100 && 'Lobo_Score_Differential' > 0;

That would show you all games where the opponent outgained us by at least 100 yards and we still won the game (our score differential was positive).

Just a thought.

• Like 1