$4.99 for 50lb bags of deer corn ...

KirtFalcon

I saw a place heading from Nacogdoches to Henderson that was about 5-7 miles on the right outside of Nac that had them for $5 for 50 lbs. Friday. That sounds like a long trip to save a penny. Tru Storie!

I guess it depends on how often you head to DFW... Buccees in basically in the perfect location right off of I-20 in Terrell as you head into DFW.

I guess it depends on how often you head to DFW... Buccees in basically in the perfect location right off of I-20 in Terrell as you head into DFW.

Nac is still closer to anything East of Tyler. I went to my 30th High School reunion this past weekend, and I actually prefer the drive up 59 vs. 45 to Tyler. It seems quicker, because you pass through more towns. The stretch from Huntisville to Buffalo is grueling and then again from Buffalo to Palestine.

There is that dead space when you leave East Texas in each direction... West on 20 is pretty bad from Kilgore to Canton, 59 south is pretty grueling in the places you mentioned... I am not a big city guy (although I live close to Ft Worth), but when I am driving, the more buildings there are, the easier it is for me to stay focused on the road and where its taking me.

There is that dead space when you leave East Texas in each direction... West on 20 is pretty bad from Kilgore to Canton, 59 south is pretty grueling in the places you mentioned... I am not a big city guy (although I live close to Ft Worth), but when I am driving, the more buildings there are, the easier it is for me to stay focused on the road and where its taking me.

59/259 only had a few dead zones, but not like the drive from Huntsville to Tyler on 45/79/155. The drive seemed a lot quicker because of it.

I've seen 40# bags for $7.99 around Tyler. I'd drive to Terrell for that. It's not that bad a trip down 155 to I20 and haul butt west. Except for that trip from Canton to Terrell. That stretch just stinks.

Especially if you don't have satellite radio. You can't pick up stations from East Texas and you don't start picking up DFW stations till you're right outside of Terrell.

• Like 1

Them slaps at TSC wanted $9.99 for a 50 lb bag t-day. Keep it ya greedy extortionist. I will get mines at Brookshires

When I was in Longview, there was only one Brookshire's at Hawkins Pkwy. and Gilmer Rd. We're not talking about Brookshire Brothers. I at least got my Pittsburgh Hotlink fix.