⚫ Why does Colin Kaepernick hate America?

Hagar

9 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

I never said that I don’t hear it. I also emphasize, to the people that I hear it from, the role that numerous amounts of people have played just so they wouldn’t be called that word. 

I rarely hear white people call them the word anymore, and when I have I distance myself from them.  I hear it more from people that were called it in a derogatory manner, and it still bugs me.  It should be expunged from anyone's vocabulary.  

11 hours ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Nike’s online sales jumped a staggering 31% after they announced their Colin Kaepernick campaign.

Makes sense.  The hardcore liberal crowd are the under 35 group who are the lifeblood of online consumption 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AKA said:

Initial numbers are hard to gauge. The stock drop and the sales bump will be ephemeral.

What remains to be seen is the long-term impact to the brand. 

Let’s see how hard NIKE pushes it.  They run these campaigns without the massive TV commercial contracts.  If they don’t force feed us, it could work out well for them

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Let’s see how hard NIKE pushes it.  They run these campaigns without the massive TV commercial contracts.  If they don’t force feed us, it could work out well for them

I think of the apocryphal quote from Michael Jordan: "Republicans buy shoes too."

Nike may reap big profits from this for a season but it could also impact their brand long-term. 

Yeah yeah, it's goofy as hell for folks to burn shoes they've already paid for, but don't underestimate the effect of a tainted brand with future customers. 

Sure, you'll have a lot of good people like @ANTI who are glad to put their money where their woke politics are...  but once this uproar passes, what will you do to maintain the gains you've made with millennial hipster demographic? How will you replace the massive numbers of Walmart/Target suburban soccer mom + white peckerwoods who will proudly not buy your products? Are your short term gains worth your long term losses?

"It's not personal Sonny, it's business."

Of course, all of this is moot when it comes to overseas sales. 99% of the rest of the world doesn't even know who Kaepernick is, and couldn't give a ####. Nike will remain a strong brand worldwide. 

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I wouldn’t pay $300 for a pair if each shoe had a $100.00 bill tucked inside...

I would, I would buy them and take :woot:out the two $100 bills and then return them for the purchase price ... then send my wife in to do the same ...

5 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

As I said earlier there's nothing wrong with the message at all, and the commercial is actually good, but they chose the wrong spokesman  at wrong time.  

I have to disagree with you ... their "sacrifice" message flies in the face of every veteran who gave his life on the battlefield and every honorable law enforcement officer who has died in the line of duty ... it's the wrong message, at the wrong time ... I have never seen a more tone deaf commercial or message after their disrespect to the flag, our national anthem and our fallen heroes ... it's sad is all I can say ... they owe these heroes an apology and if it doesn't come, I'm afraid they have opened up a wound that will be a long time healing, if it ever does.  This "tone deaf" commercial does nothing but smear salt in an already open wound they have caused .... so sad! ....

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 9/6/2018 at 1:31 PM, CarthDawg77 said:

I believe you must be the first that doesn’t, if in fact that’s true... Do you have a problem with it when other blacks;(Rappers, comedians, etc. do?) If so, do you say anything to them? If so, What? If not, Why not?  I’ve never bought-in to the idea that the word means one thing to blacks, yet something totally different to non-blacks.

More than likely if a none black says it, it's with intent to demean. Especially with the ER ending. I think it's more about intent than anything. Just in case you're wondering I don't use the word and not big on blacks using it either.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

More than likely if a none black says it, it's with intent to demean. Especially with the ER ending. I think it's more about intent than anything. Just in case you're wondering I don't use the word and not big on blacks using it either.

I kinda like Chris Rock’s take on it... I could insert a link, but people can just  Google it or look it up on YouTube....The same principle applies to whites & “Crackers.....”😂👌

Real-time brand tracking data reveals a sharp drop in purchasing consideration, including among key demographic groups

Key Findings
  1. Nike’s Favorability Drops by Double Digits: Before the announcement, Nike had a net +69 favorable impression among consumers, it has now declined 34 points to +35 favorable.
  2. No Boost Among Key Demos: Among younger generations, Nike users, African Americans, and other key demographics, Nike’s favorability declined rather than improved.
  3. Purchasing Consideration Also Down: Before the announcement, 49 percent of Americans said they were absolutely certain or very likely to buy Nike products. That figure is down to 39 percent now.
  4. The Effect on the NFL Seems Small, For Now: Forty percent of consumers said Nike’s campaign does not make them more or less likely to watch/attend NFL games — 21 percent said more likely and 26 percent said less likely (14 percent didn’t know).

This is one of those market indicators I was referring to earlier.

Spikes and dips in sales or stock prices is one thing, but a dropping favorability rating is something else. A poisoned brand might have the occasional ebb and flow of valuation, but its long-term gains are often severely curtailed. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Nike's 'favorability rating' drops double digits
2 hours ago, AKA said:

Real-time brand tracking data reveals a sharp drop in purchasing consideration, including among key demographic groups

This is one of those market indicators I was referring to earlier.

Spikes and dips in sales or stock prices is one thing, but a dropping favorability rating is something else. A poisoned brand might have the occasional ebb and flow of valuation, but its long-term gains are often severely curtailed. 

Political Stupidity will cripple a business...  

Everyone knows the owners of Chick Fil A are republican supporters and hardcore Christians...  however, the company itself does not affiliate with anything political.  It's value holds firm and grows pretty much every year.  (I use them the most because I know the most about them).  But i promise you, you find companies that stay neutral on political hot topics and funding and you will see a healthier line on likeness and value.

13 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I rip my students if I ever hear any of them saying it.  Especially the black kids... I tell them to Have some respect for the people who suffered through the mental and physical abuse of slavery.  The white kids just sound ignorant when they try to use it like its normal slang.

On that same note, Kaep and NIKE may want to have the same respect for the same people who died fighting for the right to fly that flag and play that song.  

And before you reply to rip me on this, this is solely my opinion... but also a very popular opinion down here.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to ⚫ Why does Colin Kaepernick hate America?