Preseason basketball state rankings

longhorncrazy

Grapeland nowhere to be seen...Odd

Yeah that's crazy! 5 return with 2 of them starters. A Jv that may of lost one game and could of finished in top 4 in district against the other varsity teams. That's how good last year freshman class was. Now you add four more freshman and three of them will most likely see a lot of playing time this year. One will be probably the best player in 2A. He is that good!

Same with our girls. They did not lose anyone but add a freshman squad that flat out play. The Jones kid will probably become one of the best players in 2A after this year. She is a freshman and can flat-out play. Very tough down low.

Boys ain't nowhere to be found in the rankings but coach Carr should have them in the mix. #8 Center is the front runner in district. Our girls are ranked #4 in the state. Returned all but one starter I believe and almost all of last years depth returned. Also, got a move in from West Rusk, 5'10 Jayla Hooper, and she adds even more talent under the rim to go along with 6' Fite ......only loss last year was to Gilmer in the playoffs......they'll be rowdy this year.

• Like 1

Boys ain't nowhere to be found in the rankings but coach Carr should have them in the mix. #8 Center is the front runner in district. Our girls are ranked #4 in the state. Returned all but one starter I believe and almost all of last years depth returned. Also, got a move in from West Rusk, 5'10 Jayla Hooper, and she adds even more talent under the rim to go along with 6' Fite ......only loss last year was to Gilmer in the playoffs......they'll be rowdy this year.

The way the football team played Friday night, Tatum is ready for some roundball right now.

Voters obviously respect tradition; Clarksville ranked 14th despite graduating oodles of talent. But I think district is wide open for the first time in a while.

Ditto for Paris and the 25th spot. If Robinson were still around, that might be feasible, but this year will be an offensive struggle.

Yeah that's crazy! 5 return with 2 of them starters. A Jv that may of lost one game and could of finished in top 4 in district against the other varsity teams. That's how good last year freshman class was. Now you add four more freshman and three of them will most likely see a lot of playing time this year. One will be probably the best player in 2A. He is that good!

Same with our girls. They did not lose anyone but add a freshman squad that flat out play. The Jones kid will probably become one of the best players in 2A after this year. She is a freshman and can flat-out play. Very tough down low.

Grapeland is like a lot of these other schools that tends to reload. While I didn't expect a top-10 ranking due to the losses from graduation, I think there is still top-25 there. I hear this is another special group of freshmen. I expect another deep run this year. Not sure what else is around the region...

• Like 1