Gilmer at Gladewater

blackflag79

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins, and by how much?

• Gilmer in a close one
    • Gilmer in a blowout
    • Gladewater in a close one
    • Gladewater in a blowout

Since nobody else has started this topic, I'll do the honors.

Gladewater always has the Gilmer game circled on their calendar, and seems to play their best game against us. Knowing this is Yamboree week in Gilmer, and knowing Gilmer just lost a district home game for the first time in 17 years, will the Buckeyes have an emotional letdown.

I think Gilmer bounces back. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was close, however.

Gilmer is the better football team, Gladewater is prone to make mistakes, Buckeyes ten to take advantage of those mistakes. Gladewater will struggle against the Gilmer passing attack, but Gilmer will probably struggle against the Bears rushing attack.

Only positive for Gilmer Defense is they will be able to load up against the run because Gladewater does NOT throw it near as well as PG does.

Gilmer 45

Gladewater 28

I think Gilmer bounces back big, but this will actually be interesting to see. Interesting in the fact that this is uncharted territory for Gilmer. You'd have been hard pressed to find someone that knew what it felt like to leave the Gilmer home side suffering a loss, and now they've had 2, relatively close together. They didn't even have to deal with anything like this under Traylor.

Good luck to both teams!

If you are brewing a scenario for an upset, this would be it. Yamboree week, at Gladewater, after a tough could of should of would of home loss. I know Gladewater is better than their record indicates. Could this be a team Gilmer just isn't ready for?

I think this week is the crucial week for Gilmer. If they right the ship and win this game, they can continue on with their goals and objectives for the year. So I'm taking Gilmer to let out some agression.

Gilmer has Got to Put Up... 'cause they ain't ABOUT to SHUT UP....!

The fact that a thread wasn't started on this game until Tuesday says otherwise. Our fans have mostly shut up. It could just be apathy, though.

There's really nothing to say other than pray for the defense. Our PA announcer prays every Friday night, but he hasn't asked for prayers for the Black Flag D yet. Maybe it's time.

• Like 1

The fact that a thread wasn't started on this game until Tuesday says otherwise. Our fans have mostly shut up. It could just be apathy, though.

There's really nothing to say other than pray for the defense. Our PA announcer prays every Friday night, but he hasn't asked for prayers for the Black Flag D yet. Maybe it's time.

Hahahahaha

Looking forward to the game, as always. Gilmer has the better record and more explosive offense for sure. GW has played well vs Gilmer in the past -->

2016 @ Gilmer - Gilmer 35 GW 28

2015 no game vs each other

2014 @ Longview (playoffs) - Gilmer 41 GW 35

2013 @ Gilmer - Gilmer 52 GW 14

2012 @ GW - Gilmer 21 GW 13

AVG Gilmer 37 GW 22

Here's to hoping GW to be around in the 4th qtr with another chance to win this game, its always a fun one!

• Like 1

this will be closr than sum thank, Gilmer defens is just plain bad, hard to beleive thay can put a offens that good on the field and a degens that bad, if Gilmer eva gets a defens cordinator they will be dangerous agan...not until thou dat defense just plane ###. wit dat said if GW can run off tackle they will keep it close, Gilmer cant stop de outside run...game gone be clos you watch.