Princeton @ Paris

Ilovecats

I don' know that this post will show up. Many of mine have been blank.

Princeton is a bad team this year. It is even worse than last year. They play like a school of 600-800 enrollment instead of over 1200. Where are the good football players for a school that size? It has (season ending/surgery) injuries. It has bad play calling. Many of us unhappy with the coaches.

Fans were yelling at the coaches. Fans were yelling at the bad officiating. Coaches were arguing with the officiating.

I tried to post about the game against QF and nothing showed up. It was painful to see that game.

Like in other games Princeton gives gifts. All the short kick offs are a gift. Onside kicks have been a gift. Pick sixes have been gifts. Endless dropped balls "millions" of them.

Against QF there was some of that happening.

One time with Princeton back up near the goal the bad strategy by the OC had Princeton in a punting situation. The punter didn't have control of the ball and tried to "fix it" when it was obvious it was too late. He had time to give up a safety but instead still tried to get the ball to punt it and QF recovered the ball in the end zone for an easy 6 + 1. This is all after Princeton took a long time to get the lead back 21 - 17. So now Princeton was behind 24 - 21. With not much time to go Princeton managed the final TD to win 28 - 24. It's a painful time again in Princeton football.

Frisco Reedy beat Princeton badly and that was with backups playing the 4th for sure where PHS got a couple extra touchdowns.

I don' know that this post will show up. Many of mine have been blank.

Princeton is a bad team this year. It is even worse than last year. They play like a school of 600-800 enrollment instead of over 1200. Where are the good football players for a school that size? It has (season ending/surgery) injuries. It has bad play calling. Many of us unhappy with the coaches.

Fans were yelling at the coaches. Fans were yelling at the bad officiating. Coaches were arguing with the officiating.

I tried to post about the game against QF and nothing showed up. It was painful to see that game.

Like in other games Princeton gives gifts. All the short kick offs are a gift. Onside kicks have been a gift. Pick sixes have been gifts. Endless dropped balls "millions" of them.

Against QF there was some of that happening.

One time with Princeton back up near the goal the bad strategy by the OC had Princeton in a punting situation. The punter didn't have control of the ball and tried to "fix it" when it was obvious it was too late. He had time to give up a safety but instead still tried to get the ball to punt it and QF recovered the ball in the end zone for an easy 6 + 1. This is all after Princeton took a long time to get the lead back 21 - 17. So now Princeton was behind 24 - 21. With not much time to go Princeton managed the final TD to win 28 - 24. It's a painful time again in Princeton football.

Frisco Reedy beat Princeton badly and that was with backups playing the 4th for sure where PHS got a couple extra touchdowns.

Your post showed up. Very detailed and you are obviously frustrated. I am a firm believer that if you are that unhappy with the program the only option is to take your concerns to someone who is in a position to do something about it - ie Head Coach &/or AD. If you do and nothing changes, you can at least know that you did the right thing. If you do not then you are not helping the situation or the kids by complaining about it on this forum. The choice is yours.

• Like 1

Paris has the best team in Red River Valley

You do understand the Red River runs from Palo Duro Canyon to the Mississippi River in Louisiana? It's not just The Paris News circulation area. There's some schools along the route (like Shreveport Evangel) that might disagree.

Next week is UIL snapshot time. If enrollment number rumors are correct, this district will look very different next year. Princeton might be moving up to 5A, while L-E and NL might be moving down to 4A-II. If so, that will put Paris on a 4A-1 island and force a move either west or south.