MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER TO AUSTIN ?

CENTEXFAN

God, I hope not. The two current Texas clubs are bottom third of the league in attendance (Dallas, in fact, is last). Austin seems lukewarm at best about the whole thing; it was San Antonio, not Austin, who put in a bid for a team for the current round of expansion, and people don't seem to think it's really possible to get a stadium built in Austin proper. The timing of this news was horrible with the end of the regular season being Sunday and Columbus still having an outside shot at a first round bye.

Columbus was a founding member of the league and the first to get a soccer specific stadium built. A lot of fans who were already upset about the USMNT's performance in World Cup qualifying have latched on to this as a way to vent. The NFL can give everyone the double middle finger and keep on printing money, but MLS can't afford to alienate paying fans, not right now.

God, I hope not. The two current Texas clubs are bottom third of the league in attendance (Dallas, in fact, is last). Austin seems lukewarm at best about the whole thing; it was San Antonio, not Austin, who put in a bid for a team for the current round of expansion, and people don't seem to think it's really possible to get a stadium built in Austin proper. The timing of this news was horrible with the end of the regular season being Sunday and Columbus still having an outside shot at a first round bye.

Columbus was a founding member of the league and the first to get a soccer specific stadium built. A lot of fans who were already upset about the USMNT's performance in World Cup qualifying have latched on to this as a way to vent. The NFL can give everyone the double middle finger and keep on printing money, but MLS can't afford to alienate paying fans, not right now.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the team being in Frisco. I would go to a lot of their games, but driving to Frisco on the tollway is a total beating.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the team being in Frisco. I would go to a lot of their games, but driving to Frisco on the tollway is a total beating.

I've seen people deny it and say it's all down to the team being poorly marketed, but I think Frisco's a factor, yeah.

If Columbus makes the move without a firm stadium plan in place, they could wind up in a similar sort of situation.

Driving to Frisco, in Frisco, near Frisco in any way, shape, or form is brutal.

I've seen people deny it and say it's all down to the team being poorly marketed, but I think Frisco's a factor, yeah.

If Columbus makes the move without a firm stadium plan in place, they could wind up in a similar sort of situation.

You're right about the poor marketing. I like to think DFW has a good sports following, but I hardly hear anything about FC Dallas

Driving to Frisco, in Frisco, near Frisco in any way, shape, or form is brutal.

If that ain't the truth... it's awful