• Astros in 6
    • Astros in 7
    • Dodgers in 4
    • Dodgers in 5
    • Dodgers in 6
    • Dodgers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

21 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

I think Maybin is a free agent.  I think we have Reddick for another year but I will be surprised if he in not overtaken by Fisher early next season and ultimately by Tucker by the end of next season. He is probably too valuable to let go. But he may be a problem if he is benched 

Reddick is on board until 2020.  Maybin is a free agent. Reddick had a good season batting .314 he just had a terrible postseason.  Altuve didn't do so well in the World Series, but did perform well in the ALDS.  Altuve didn't make a dent with his bat in the World Series batting .194, but he did hit two home runs.  I can see moving Morton or Peacock to the bullpen as your closer, but I thought Peacock had a great year as a starter.  Peacock is going to be a free agent, but he had a great year this year.  He's a free agent not listed in the link I posted earlier, but I want to see him back.  He's due a raise, but I don't know what the Stros will pay him.  I'm not going to jinx next year, but H*Town has a history of doing things a certain way.  I'm just glad it's not the case with hurricanes, because I don't want to go through another for awhile.  We do need to keep this core together including pitching except the bullpen needs some work.  The only team I fear is the Yankees rising again.  They're young as well, and losing a lot of their big contracts.  I'm going to have a love/hate with that rivalry I love both teams, but I hate to see both of them lose.  

40 minutes ago, unclebubba said:

Darvish finally brought a World Series Championship to Texas!

I'll thank him for that, but he reminds me of Hideki Irabu, he had a few decent years and then fell off the map.  Darvish had a great rookie year, and then batters found ways to hit him in recent years.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'll thank him for that, but he reminds me of Hideki Irabu, he had a few decent years and then fell off the map.  Darvish had a great rookie year, and then batters found ways to hit him in recent years.  

He's still a pretty dang good pitcher. He just stunk it up in the World Series. I don't necessarily think we've seen the end of his very good career.

Darvish isn't a Ace. A high end #2 definitely. Darvish's issues have always seem to be wanting to stick with one pitch too long during games when it's not working (the slider in the WS) and being too reliant on the strikeout leading to high pitch counts early. 

4 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

Darvish isn't a Ace. A high end #2 definitely. Darvish's issues have always seem to be wanting to stick with one pitch too long during games when it's not working (the slider in the WS) and being too reliant on the strikeout leading to high pitch counts early. 

A high end #3 ... maybe .....

^ On the Dodgers? Absolutely. It'll be a fun offseason for the AL West. What moves does Luhnow pull to reload the Astros for another WS run. What can JD do to make Texas a playoff team in 2018. Are the A's, Angels and Mariners even relevant?

On 11/4/2017 at 5:44 PM, stoneykelly said:

^ On the Dodgers? Absolutely. It'll be a fun offseason for the AL West. What moves does Luhnow pull to reload the Astros for another WS run. What can JD do to make Texas a playoff team in 2018. Are the A's, Angels and Mariners even relevant?

Are the Rangers even relevant?

• LOL! 1

41 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Depending on what moves they can make in the offseason, very much so. They have the offensive production, but the bullpen is straight garbage.

Saw an article on MLB.com where it looks like the Rangers are going to be spending A LOT of money this offseason.