Nacogdoches(0-2) @ Whitehouse (1-1)

Nacwagons

Nac. coming off of another blown second half lead and another home district loss. Nac. jumped out to a 16-0 lead and took an 11 point lead into half time. Corsicana erased that lead in only 6minutes of the second half. Nac's inability to solve the QB run and horrible tackling lead to this loss. The offense played a very good game, but is not in a position to have to be perfect. Nac. has not been able to make the big play when needed to get over the hump. Nac has a history of losing games, but judging by the attendance this last Friday, the community has given up on this season and are tired of losing at home. Nac. hasn't won a district home game since Brandon Jones led the Dragons over Jacksonville midway through the 2015 season.

Nac. is averaging 30.7pts per game and has had the lead or been tied at half time of every game except Lufkin where they gave up a TD right before half. Defense is giving up 38.7 pts per game-Offense has thrown a pick 6 in every except against Corsicana-Threw 2 against Lindale. The talk is growing around town that this is Bobby Reyes last season on the sidelines. This is just rumor and we will see what happens.

Whitehouse is coming off a win against Jacksonville in the Tomato Bowl. What was once a high powered offense is now averaging 21.4pts per game. 28 Points is their high mark for the year. They are giving up 24.1pts per game, losing each time they have given up more than 14 points.

Whitehouse has been blown out by every good team they have played so far this year. They have given up 34+ points in each of their 3 losses, and not more than 20 in their 4 wins.

A Nac. loss pretty much removes them from playoff contention(not that they belong there). They aren't eliminated with a loss but they would be a position to have to beat Ennis:)

A Whitehouse win all but clinches a playoff spot, would give them wins against the two bottom teams. A loss puts them in a position to have to win a tiebreaker.

Thoughts??

Nac has played a pretty tough schedule. Scored a lot of points but given up a ton of points also. They are young which usually leads to lots of mistakes. Once they put it all together, they will be pretty salty. They got a big lead against Corsicana, but couldn't hang on. They are 1-6, but have the athletes to compete with anyone.

Whitehouse has gone from trying to outscore everyone, to playing ball control offense and solid defense. Seems like they are running the ball more than in years past. They went up on Jacksonville 17-0 and then basically ran the ball and turned the game over to their defense in the second half.

I think this game will be close early with Whitehouse pulling away late. If Nac. doesnt turn the ball over, they have a real chance to keep their season alive.

Nac. coming off of another blown second half lead and another home district loss. Nac. jumped out to a 16-0 lead and took an 11 point lead into half time. Corsicana erased that lead in only 6minutes of the second half. Nac's inability to solve the QB run and horrible tackling lead to this loss. The offense played a very good game, but is not in a position to have to be perfect. Nac. has not been able to make the big play when needed to get over the hump. Nac has a history of losing games, but judging by the attendance this last Friday, the community has given up on this season and are tired of losing at home. Nac. hasn't won a district home game since Brandon Jones led the Dragons over Jacksonville midway through the 2015 season.

Nac. is averaging 30.7pts per game and has had the lead or been tied at half time of every game except Lufkin where they gave up a TD right before half. Defense is giving up 38.7 pts per game-Offense has thrown a pick 6 in every except against Corsicana-Threw 2 against Lindale. The talk is growing around town that this is Bobby Reyes last season on the sidelines. This is just rumor and we will see what happens.

Whitehouse is coming off a win against Jacksonville in the Tomato Bowl. What was once a high powered offense is now averaging 21.4pts per game. 28 Points is their high mark for the year. They are giving up 24.1pts per game, losing each time they have given up more than 14 points.

Whitehouse has been blown out by every good team they have played so far this year. They have given up 34+ points in each of their 3 losses, and not more than 20 in their 4 wins.

A Nac. loss pretty much removes them from playoff contention(not that they belong there). They aren't eliminated with a loss but they would be a position to have to beat Ennis:)

A Whitehouse win all but clinches a playoff spot, would give them wins against the two bottom teams. A loss puts them in a position to have to win a tiebreaker.

Thoughts??

I haven't heard from anyone or anywhere, that Bobby Reyes is not going to be here next year. Young team and some good young kids coming from what I understand. Future is bright for the young Dragons. Just going through some growing pains.

I haven't heard from anyone or anywhere, that Bobby Reyes is not going to be here next year. Young team and some good young kids coming from what I understand. Future is bright for the young Dragons. Just going through some growing pains.

Didnt say he wasnt going to be here, speculation is he steps out of coaching and just does AD.

I agree this is a growing pains year!! We have had some really good games and freshman teams looks stout!

2 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Just got word that Ben Whitaker Senior OL for Nac will be out this week due to a leg injury. Also we have had great jv and frosh teams in the past but it never translated when they got to varsity play I don't get it.

That doesn’t help the cause at all!!!! 

I still I’ll have faith Nac is gonna put it together to end the year!!!:)

3 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Just got word that Ben Whitaker Senior OL for Nac will be out this week due to a leg injury. Also we have had great jv and frosh teams in the past but it never translated when they got to varsity play I don't get it.

I don’t recall a great freshman group since Reyes has been here.  This is the best group that has come through since he has been here, if I recall.  JVs are always going to be .500 around here.  

15 hours ago, HESALIVE said:

I don’t recall a great freshman group since Reyes has been here.  This is the best group that has come through since he has been here, if I recall.  JVs are always going to be .500 around here.  

I’m not just talking about the Reyes era only, we have had talented underclassmen teams and by the time they get to varsity it goes downhill. We haven’t won a playoff game since 92 haven’t won a DC since 82. All I want is consistency year in and year out and that is something the football program has never had. I just don’t think another Reyes as head coach is going to make a impact I think we need to hire outside of the staff when Reyes steps down.

45 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I’m not just talking about the Reyes era only, we have had talented underclassmen teams and by the time they get to varsity it goes downhill. We haven’t won a playoff game since 92 haven’t won a DC since 82. All I want is consistency year in and year out and that is something the football program has never had. I just don’t think another Reyes as head coach is going to make a impact I think we need to hire outside of the staff when Reyes steps down.

Reyes has done a great job with the nac program.  Yes you want to win football games.  But there are other things you look at when it comes to kids, education, life lessons, etc!  It’s not all wins and loses.  And Nac has never been a team that wins year in and year out.  Never in the history.  

Maybe nac should hire you.  You probably could do better.  

15 hours ago, HESALIVE said:

I also don't remember a more hyped freshman team then the one we have right now. This is not a full indicator of future success, but building a program starts with the younger groups. Look at Gilmer and Carthage their success doesn't start in high school, it starts with the youth football programs and consistency. When and If Bobby leaves the program it will be in better shape than when he got here.

The last time we had this type of season was Bobby's first year and he followed it up with I Think a 7-4 season, beating Lufkin for the first time in forever and making the playoffs.

I don't expect state championship teams, but I do expect playoff trips, coming from this district.

I will say it again, this is a fan site for people to express opinions and share their fandom. Every time their is any criticism of the Nac. coaches you jump on here defensive. Even the best coaches get criticized by their fans. That is part of the fun of football and being a fan. This site is here for us to share those thoughts with each other and play the "what would we do game". No matter what is said, we are still right back in the stands supporting our teams on Friday Nights.

10 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I also don't remember a more hyped freshman team then the one we have right now. This is not a full indicator of future success, but building a program starts with the younger groups. Look at Gilmer and Carthage their success doesn't start in high school, it starts with the youth football programs and consistency. When and If Bobby leaves the program it will be in better shape than when he got here.

The last time we had this type of season was Bobby's first year and he followed it up with I Think a 7-4 season, beating Lufkin for the first time in forever and making the playoffs.

I don't expect state championship teams, but I do expect playoff trips, coming from this district.

I will say it again, this is a fan site for people to express opinions and share their fandom. Every time their is any criticism of the Nac. coaches you jump on here defensive. Even the best coaches get criticized by their fans. That is part of the fun of football and being a fan. This site is here for us to share those thoughts with each other and play the "what would we do game". No matter what is said, we are still right back in the stands supporting our teams on Friday Nights.

I agree with everything you have said.  I here this young group is really good.  Haven’t had a chance to see them.  I live in Tyler, but follow nac very closely.   Going to catch up with this freshman team tonight! And I’m just messing with nac07!  It’s a fan site.  I’m a fan and like to have a little fun ruffling feathers!

And I wonder if having 2 junior highs, hurts nac?  No one else has that with the size of school that nac is, in East Texas!  

lets go Astros 

4 minutes ago, HESALIVE said:

I agree with everything you have said.  I here this young group is really good.  Haven’t had a chance to see them.  I live in Tyler, but follow nac very closely.   Going to catch up with this freshman team tonight! And I’m just messing with nac07!  It’s a fan site.  I’m a fan and like to have a little fun ruffling feathers!

And I wonder if having 2 junior highs, hurts nac?  No one else has that with the size of school that nac is, in East Texas!  

lets go Astros 

I do think having 2 JHS hurts Nac. there have been discussion in town about trying to build a single JHS and combining everyone. This was a major theme in the last Bond election committee. Unity of the schools is the reason that both middles schools changed their mascot and colors to the high school on 09-10. This group of freshman played 7th and 8th against each other and they were high scoring games each time they played. Just imagine if this group played with each other for 3 years before getting to varsity.

19 hours ago, HESALIVE said:

lets go Astros 

What did you think about the freshman last night??

1 hour ago, HESALIVE said:

Really good group from what I saw!  Have some good skill kids!  Wonder how many will play up next year?  

Basing on this year, I bet the majority play up, combining them with the Sophia’s and juniors from this year would give 2-3 years for this team to gel. I would say when this group of freshman are seniors are our best chance to do some damage in the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Basing on this year, I bet the majority play up, combining them with the Sophia’s and juniors from this year would give 2-3 years for this team to gel. I would say when this group of freshman are seniors are our best chance to do some damage in the playoffs.

When the Sophomore group are Seniors and this crop of Freshman are juniors it should be the top of the mountain. Still going to have to develop some offensive and defensive lineman, but the skilled kids are there on both sides of the ball. If I had to guess, this would be the first team under the leadership of JAMES Reyes, his dad will gift him the best assembled talent in Nac since 1992.