*** OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT NUMBERS ***

justafan

8 minutes ago, stormlover said:

Update from Padilla: My 6A Re-Alignment highlights. 15 up from 5A, 4 new schools, 2 opting up. 252 schools in 6A! #txhsfb @glere53 @ProfessorDiggs @PigskinPrep

6A 2180+ 252 teams
5A 1135-2179 257 teams
D-I 1791-2179 128 teams
D-II 1135-1790 129 teams 
#txhsfb @glere53 @ProfessorDiggs @SHSBulldog00

Hmmm didn't Highland Park report 2180

15 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

bro, if you had an issue with what I said, just address me, and then we could have a friendly debate.  but your counter argument has nothing do with the debate.  Not sure what you are trying to put forth in your argument, because I am pro athletics 100%. Never said athletics wasn't important to a school. I believe 100% that sports increases attendance and overall interest.  Not sure what your argument has to do with a ISD opening a alternative school just to drop the enrollment at the high schools. 

JTFANN99.

I apologize, I went back re-read a number of your post and I was off the mark a little bit.

Early College is a great program and is definitely designed to compete with Charter and Prep Schools, the majority of these kids are in school for Academics and should be given the opportunity to move in that direction as quickly as possible.

Alternative Schools are for kids who simply want to get their credits and get out. They are not necessarily college bound, but are definitely in danger of dropping out and counting against the district in that aspect. NONE of these kids are competing in any extra curricular activities.

I agree that these are academic programs geared towards retaining students academically. However, I can see why Districts would NOT want any of these kids to count against their Numbers, because they are not contributing member of the extra-curricular pool.

So, even though the primary purpose may NOT be to drop down in classification, it sure is a very plum secondary result.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

JTFANN99.

I apologize, I went back re-read a number of your post and I was off the mark a little bit.

Early College is a great program and is definitely designed to compete with Charter and Prep Schools, the majority of these kids are in school for Academics and should be given the opportunity to move in that direction as quickly as possible.

Alternative Schools are for kids who simply want to get their credits and get out. They are not necessarily college bound, but are definitely in danger of dropping out and counting against the district in that aspect. NONE of these kids are competing in any extra curricular activities.

I agree that these are academic programs geared towards retaining students academically. However, I can see why Districts would NOT want any of these kids to count against their Numbers, because they are not contributing member of the extra-curricular pool.

So, even though the primary purpose may NOT be to drop down in classification, it sure is a very plum secondary result.

its all good.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I still have respect for all you guys.  

Your statement just about sums up my feeling. The schools were created to compete with charters and privates, and as a secondary result,  the enrollment counts separate. I just don't think they were created for the purpose of making sure the high schools dropped it just happen to be an unintended consequence. 

But again, in the case of Tyler and Longview ISD, it will probably only work for 1 or 2 realignments at best. 

Matt Stepp new projection 

MATT STEPP’S ESTIMATED CUTOFFS
Class 6A: 2,170 and above
Class 5A Division I: 1,770 to 2,169
Class 5A Division II: 1,160 to 1,769
Class 4A Division I: 785 to 1,159
Class 4A Division II: 485 to 784
Class 3A Division I: 330 to 484
Class 3A Division II: 230 to 329
Class 2A Division I: 165 to 229
Class 2A Division II: 104.5 to 164
Class 1A Division I: 63 to 104.4
Class 1A Division II: 62 and below

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stormlover said:

Matt Stepp new projection 

MATT STEPP’S ESTIMATED CUTOFFS
Class 6A: 2,170 and above
Class 5A Division I: 1,770 to 2,169
Class 5A Division II: 1,160 to 1,769
Class 4A Division I: 785 to 1,159
Class 4A Division II: 485 to 784
Class 3A Division I: 330 to 484
Class 3A Division II: 230 to 329
Class 2A Division I: 165 to 229
Class 2A Division II: 104.5 to 164
Class 1A Division I: 63 to 104.4
Class 1A Division II: 62 and below

That'd put Aledo 5A DI slightly.

District 9-3A Division II (Last snapshots number in parenthesis,according to D.C. TEXAS fOOTBALL)

West Rusk  333 (315)

Troup  324 (314)

Waskom  307 (315)

Elysian Fields   273 (290)

Arp   264 (255)

Harleton  223 (239)

Beckville  208 (222)

On 10/31/2017 at 3:17 AM, Mavchamp said:

I will skip my game.... no matter who it's against..... or when it is.......... to attend the first HP/JT game in Highland Park.

Imagine HP's faces when JT starts rolling into Highlander Stadium. ........  will be a glorious moment for me.

And I'll be cheering for JT 100%

Good stuff! And I would hope JT would blow them out of the stadium!

8 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

JTFANN99.

Several other plums:  1) Cost- If you can play teams in a 60 mile radius vs sending 2 schools to Rockwall or Rowlett multiple times a week, for several sports, it saves money.  I heard it was around $1,000,000 a year to go to the metroplex vs playing all local. 2)  Better game experience- when Lee played Mesquite a few weeks ago, MHS had no more than 15 fans at the game.  That's not East Texas football.  Lee-Marshall had a good crowd for two average teams that are rebuilding.  With 5A splitting now, we may not ever get a true East Texas 5A district again, but we can still hope.  The way Texas does school is changing, especially in the larger Districts like Tyler.  The early college HS is filled with people who have no interest in athletics, extracurriculars or the traditional HS experience.   They are happily not part of Lee or JT, same with Rise.  They are there by choice and have no affiliation with the traditional HS's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R E LEE said:

Several other plums:  1) Cost- If you can play teams in a 60 mile radius vs sending 2 schools to Rockwall or Rowlett multiple times a week, for several sports, it saves money.  I heard it was around $1,000,000 a year to go to the metroplex vs playing all local. 2)  Better game experience- when Lee played Mesquite a few weeks ago, MHS had no more than 15 fans at the game.  That's not East Texas football.  Lee-Marshall had a good crowd for two average teams that are rebuilding.  With 5A splitting now, we may not ever get a true East Texas 5A district again, but we can still hope.  The way Texas does school is changing, especially in the larger Districts like Tyler.  The early college HS is filled with people who have no interest in athletics, extracurriculars or the traditional HS experience.   They are happily not part of Lee or JT, same with Rise.  They are there by choice and have no affiliation with the traditional HS's.

FACTS 

On 10/31/2017 at 2:46 AM, cujoforlife said:

If Hp were to stay in 5A and be in district with JT and Lancaster. That is two  predominately black football teams going into HP to play a football game. I don’t think HP wants that to happen.

I gotta know why you think HP wouldn't want that without saying some pretty stereotypical statements. I had to read your post twice to make sure I read it right man. Your statement is full of unnecessary innuendo. We've got to get passed this kind of talk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BRAHMLAND said:

I gotta know why you think HP wouldn't want that without saying some pretty stereotypical statements. I had to read your post twice to make sure I read it right man. Your statement is full of unnecessary innuendo. We've got to get passed this kind of talk. 

You don’t have to like it. Tell that to the people that still gets called names. We have different views on things.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Gotta agree with you as sad as it seems

I love football and I love my culturally diverse community.  I played and have watched countless kids play with kids of all kinds of social and ethnic backgrounds. Football helps break down barriers.  I truly love my old teammates and how we got classified demographically isn't what we saw when we looked at each other.  We saw and still see a brother that would do anything for you, and a brother that you yourself would do anything for.  I think it made us all better men to have the experience we did together as a family.

• Like 1