John Tyler (5-3, 3-2) @ John Horn (7-1, 5-0)

cujoforlife

13 minutes ago, daceo3cp said:

Yea it's just one of these seasons  things not going the right way I still think they can beat horn I hope both qbs  watch film and see how many times they had street open     it's gone to be  some tough games next two weeks lee  will orbaly play the best they have played all season just to try to knock it out the playoff picture 

I hope y'all btho horn from what I have read y'all are out of u don't and the lee game won't matter 

6 minutes ago, ANTI said:

What? Lol everyone!

How soon everyone forgets how much Woods was boasted RIGHT before the season. I literally just went back and read several threads showing where JT fans were basically acting as if Bryson Smith's grow on trees.

I said before the season that he would be missed because of his big play ability and so many brushed it off and said there would be no step back behind the arm and legs of Woods. 

It was never a slight to Bryson. I don't remember anyone saying Woods would be better or as good as Bryson (although its possible I could be wrong). What most thought, including me, is that Woods should be good enough to get the job done. That is no way saying he was as good as Bryson. And given JT recent history of finding qbs for the last decade, who would think they couldn't find another guy to get the job done. To be honest, who knows Woods isn't the answer. The coaching staff decided not to stick with him through the growing pains. Bryson had growing pains his junior yr. You probably remember that against the Lobos at Rose stadium.  But the staff stuck with him and he was better his senior yr.   Why not give Woods the same treatment and let him grow. 

And you guys can point the finger at JT fans for being wrong, but it ain't like others haven't been wrong on preseason hype too. We can go back to last yr. No doubt they miss Bryson, most teams would. But any team returning as much as JT had, should be alot better.  Heck the lobos have lost a quarter of the team to injuries including a Div.1 back and is breaking in a new qb and you keep winning, so why wouldn't it be reasonable for a team returning 75% of their starters to ball out.

JT can beat Horn if they play a perfect game. They will have to keep Givens from rushing for 100 yards. He runs the read option to perfection. Horns defense is fast but not that big. Rockwall kept it close because they pounded us between the tackles and keep the game low scoring. Our defense feeds off turnovers and sacks. If JT keeps the game in the 20's they will have a good chance. If they make it a track meet we will kill them. If Horn stays focus they will win this game but I have seen them lose focus to many times over the years and have a hiccup game. JT has to have this game while Horn spot is already secured. We just need to match JT intensity early in the game and stay focused on the task at hand. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grainraiser said:

JT can beat Horn if they play a perfect game. They will have to keep Givens from rushing for 100 yards. He runs the read option to perfection. Horns defense is fast but not that big. Rockwall kept it close because they pounded us between the tackles and keep the game low scoring. Our defense feeds off turnovers and sacks. If JT keeps the game in the 20's they will have a good chance. If they make it a track meet we will kill them. If Horn stays focus they will win this game but I have seen them lose focus to many times over the years and have a hiccup game. JT has to have this game while Horn spot is already secured. We just need to match JT intensity early in the game and stay focused on the task at hand. 

I can see JT putting up a tremendous effort defensively to slow down Givens but I can also see Givens torching the JT secondary. JT plays super support with the secondary because JT's front 7 has several weak spots, up the middle and on the edge just to name a few spots. Lol. If Givens can't run for 100 he will throw for 300 plus if he has good receivers. JT's offense is still trying to develop an identity in Week 9 which has several fans asking, what was being done from the end of last season to the start of this season? I try not to question the coaching simply because the answers always come to the light on Friday nights. Point blank, JT is a dysfunctional team right now and dsyfucntion can be dangerous but it's most definitely inconsistent. If Horn loses to JT, I'm going to spend the entire week telling everyone how terrible a team Horn is. Lol!

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Horn has some good receivers...that Wren kid is a monster....tore Longview up

Understatement there.

That 2nd quarter was literally the worst quarter we've ever had in team history, in every sense of the word. Most points, most yards, etc etc etc.

Wren and Givens just completely destroyed us that night. Didn't help with 10 QB changes but still, it was ugly.

7 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Wren is so big and physical...a real matchup problem out wide

Thompson can handle Wren one on one with no problem. Who else Horn got? I say that with reserve because the JT coaches have a tendency to stunt their players efforts with all the vocal noise.

1 minute ago, 32dive said:

Thompson can handle Wren one on one with no problem. Who else Horn got?

I'll be interested to see if this is accurate....I haven't seen JT in person so I can't comment...but I asked 2 HC's in the district and both didnt think that was the case....they thought JT would have to roll a safety to Wren to keep him from going bonkers, "We handled Wren because we rolled coverage his way but Caldwell killed us." 

Caldwell has almost identical #'s to Wren.....guessing as teams have tried taking Wren away he's stepped up....the game I saw Wren had 12 catches for 204 and two TDs....Caldwell had 4 for 66...

Givens is the X factor, that elusive dual threat QB that defensive coordinators hate....to me he's the reason Horn's had such a strong start...

7 hours ago, 32dive said:

Thompson can handle Wren one on one with no problem. Who else Horn got? I say that with reserve because the JT coaches have a tendency to stunt their players efforts with all the vocal noise.

I would focus more on containing givens.  Get pressure on him and spy him he is prolly their leading rusher he likes to run.  In the cedar hill game he was very inaccurate so all they had was him running and he was wore out in the second half.  horn will get beat by either the first Great offense and/or defense they play 

14 hours ago, 32dive said:

Vocal noise. lol what's up with that? 😕

On 10/30/2017 at 9:57 PM, MattStepp said:

I'll be interested to see if this is accurate....I haven't seen JT in person so I can't comment...but I asked 2 HC's in the district and both didnt think that was the case....they thought JT would have to roll a safety to Wren to keep him from going bonkers, "We handled Wren because we rolled coverage his way but Caldwell killed us." 

Caldwell has almost identical #'s to Wren.....guessing as teams have tried taking Wren away he's stepped up....the game I saw Wren had 12 catches for 204 and two TDs....Caldwell had 4 for 66...

Givens is the X factor, that elusive dual threat QB that defensive coordinators hate....to me he's the reason Horn's had such a strong start...

Thompson is a competitor, of course, he has the reigns pulled back so tight by the JT staff that he plays with his hands tied at times. Id still pick him to best any good receiver in a 4 quarter matchup.

Caldwell will definitely go bonkers if he's any good because no one else in the JT secondary has the talent to overcome the poor coverage assignments. 

JT is so bad at gap protection if Givens is anything like Bryson he may run for 300 and 3 TDs by himself. 

Lol I'm hoping that doesn't happen but running qbs  have been a problem this year few games  if this wr  is as good as they say jt  hopefully  will learn from last year and keeps safety over top. And stop the run up the middle they should be ok that the biggest weaknesses  just running straight up the middle

JT has the defense that can get enough stops to win.  The offense should be able to score enough points to win.  So if they play cleaner than MH they have a better than average chance of winning.  Special teams is what I think may do you in.  The coaching staff needs to get to a camp so that they can teach how to long-snap.  The slow snaps is the biggest reason why the xp and fg were blocked.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Justright said:

JT has the defense that can get enough stops to win.  The offense should be able to score enough points to win.  So if they play cleaner than MH they have a better than average chance of winning.  Special teams is what I think may do you in.  The coaching staff needs to get to a camp so that they can teach how to long-snap.  The slow snaps is the biggest reason why the xp and fg were blocked.

This right here. 

On 11/1/2017 at 11:00 PM, Justright said:

The Center has been out on concussion protocol for the last 2 games. He's back this week, so hopefully this is resolved tonight.

8 hours ago, JTAlum said:

The Center has been out on concussion protocol for the last 2 games. He's back this week, so hopefully this is resolved tonight.

hope so. The fresh won last night 40-35, but JV lost 45-14.  Lets hope Varsity can win tonight. The season is pretty much on the line going forward

2 minutes ago, daceo3cp said:

Sounds like Warren is getting killed back there taking sacks I think they just need to see what happens and try woods one more time warren  just wasn't ready to take the staring qb  roll  so soon 

Yeah the game seems to be just a little too fast for him. He's just a think or two off.lol