#1 Carthage @ Palestine

PantherNation2015

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I just texted my cousin who goes to every game. Hopefully have an update soon.

Sorry, saw a classmate I haven't seen in years, pretty talked through the fourth quarter!😳 Anywho....for Most of the game, I started to feel like I was the ONLY Smoakey poster even AT this game!...... I'll try to do a better job from now on!😜

8 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Sorry, saw a classmate I haven't seen in years, pretty talked through the fourth quarter!😳 Anywho....for Most of the game, I started to feel like I was the ONLY Smoakey poster even AT this game!...... I'll try to do a better job from now on!😜

I was there, just not coordinated enough to watch game and post at same time!  

Just now, CarthDawg77 said:

DN2015... You are THE MOST factual poster of All things Carthage Bulldogs do! 

I always enjoy your research of facts, stats, etc.... keep up the good work!

Thanks.  I almost choked on my sunflower seeds last night when Ashton Hicks got his INT.  I know I called a pick 6 earlier this week, but I really just pulled that one out of left field!  I figured he was due.

I never post at the game. Wrapped up in the game. Man Carthage proved why they are the #1 team in the state at 4A Bowens is amazing. and Ingram reminds me so much of AD. Same #28, same body type, and same running style. We knew Carthage was gonna Carthage and I think we may have been intimidated the 1st 5 minutes of the game. Then we started playing a little bit of football. As good a Ingram was last night, the two best runs of the night came from our young RB J. Davis. the one in the 1st half where he stiff armed the LB to the ground and accelerated was I think his most highlight worthy run of the season. He had one in the 4th qtr where he used a vicious stiff arm along the Carthage sideline as well. Grey threw the ball pretty well when given time to work. It was 42-17 at the half but we were not playing bad football. I know Carthage subbed in early but, I am pretty sure that we scored our 3rd qtr TD on their 1st D. Any time you score 31 on a team like Carthage you got to feel good about it. I think the Wildcats played well enough tonight to beat any other team in the district, just not Carthage. Here it is the final week of the season and we hold our destiny in our hands. Can't ask for anything more than that. No mistake the Playoffs start in 2 weeks for most but next week vs Henderson is a playoff game for us. It does not get any bigger. How Bad do you want it Wildcats? Henderson is gonna have the same mentality. It is gonna be fun. And Center WOW. Just another friday night in the DOD. 

16 minutes ago, phswildcatsfan said:

I never post at the game. Wrapped up in the game. Man Carthage proved why they are the #1 team in the state at 4A Bowens is amazing. and Ingram reminds me so much of AD. Same #28, same body type, and same running style. We knew Carthage was gonna Carthage and I think we may have been intimidated the 1st 5 minutes of the game. Then we started playing a little bit of football. As good a Ingram was last night, the two best runs of the night came from our young RB J. Davis. the one in the 1st half where he stiff armed the LB to the ground and accelerated was I think his most highlight worthy run of the season. He had one in the 4th qtr where he used a vicious stiff arm along the Carthage sideline as well. Grey threw the ball pretty well when given time to work. It was 42-17 at the half but we were not playing bad football. I know Carthage subbed in early but, I am pretty sure that we scored our 3rd qtr TD on their 1st D. Any time you score 31 on a team like Carthage you got to feel good about it. I think the Wildcats played well enough tonight to beat any other team in the district, just not Carthage. Here it is the final week of the season and we hold our destiny in our hands. Can't ask for anything more than that. No mistake the Playoffs start in 2 weeks for most but next week vs Henderson is a playoff game for us. It does not get any bigger. How Bad do you want it Wildcats? Henderson is gonna have the same mentality. It is gonna be fun. And Center WOW. Just another friday night in the DOD. 

Last night, Palestine delivered exactly the game Carthage needed to prepare  for the up&coming playoffs... That RB was a hoss, & like you said, he rocked our LB back with authority on his first carry to the LOS & kind of woke everybody up! Palestine has great speed & a solid QB with a strong arm when he's given time to use it. He's not afraid to run with the ball when he gets into a tight spot either... Palestine by far has the most balanced Offense Carthage has faced this year, & again at the just right time! Running clock or not, Pali showed up last night & went toe-toe with Carthage!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Last night, Palestine delivered exactly the game Carthage needed to prepare  for the up&coming playoffs... That RB was a hoss, & like you said, he rocked our LB back with authority on his first carry to the LOS & kind of woke everybody up! Palestine has great speed & a solid QB with a strong arm when he's given time to use it. He's not afraid to run with the ball when he gets into a tight spot either... Palestine by far has the most balanced Offense Carthage has faced this year, & again at the just right time! Running clock or not, Pali showed up last night & went toe-toe with Carthage!

I think that is the 1st time, I have ever left a game after a loss and not felt bad at all. I was happy with the way we performed.

My take on last night’s game is Carthage kind of “went through the motions”.  Surratt spoke to the team about complacency this week but I don’t think they listened.  I must give Palestine credit for showing up and putting out 100% effort until the last snap.  There are a few players on the Wildcat team that have a chance to be really special if they continue to develop.  As one poster commented above it’s the kind of game Carthage needed.  Palestine could not stop the Dawg offensive machine, but our defense seemed to lack the “edge” they have been playing with.  Hoping the Wildcat punch in the mouth will serve as a wake up call going into Sr Night and the last home game for the Dawgs in 2017.  We need to execute at a very high level against Chill for as long as Surratt allows the 1st team to play.  It’s time to shift gears!

I guess it's left up to me to spoil this party.

Yes, Palestine has come a long way since 2 & 3 years ago.  Yes, Palestine has some weapons on offense.  Yes, Palestine scored 31 points last night.

BUT

The Wildcats scored their final TD with their 1st-teamers going against the Bulldog 2nd-teamers after calling a timeout with a running clock having been in effect the entire 2nd half.  Not classy.  Maybe Coach Surratt shouldn't agree to a running clock the next time his team is ahead of the Wildcats by 25 at halftime in order that his team might get more possessions and thus more TDs in the 2nd half.

The excuses will probably be that the extra score meant a lot in the way of morale for a team that has a big game coming up next week.  I'm sorry; it was still classless.

And don't forget that another Wildcat TD came on a kickoff, not against the Bulldog D.

leadbrute so rough on those Wildcats.

Since the coaches agreed to a running clock Palestine probably shouldn’t have called a TO, but oh well. The result was never in question and the Dawgs are always kind enough and smart enough to pull the starters as quickly as possible. This sportsmanship helps avoid obnoxious final scores and to get valuable game time for Dawg second and third team players.

Someone earlier in this thread said the Dawg coaches are addressing complacency with the players. That is a good thing to recognize the possible pitfalls of not playing with a sense of urgency can create.

I fully believe as soon as the playoffs start the team will perform at its highest level and be 100% focused.

Go Dawgs!

14 minutes ago, leadbrute said:

I guess it's left up to me to spoil this party.

Yes, Palestine has come a long way since 2 & 3 years ago.  Yes, Palestine has some weapons on offense.  Yes, Palestine scored 31 points last night.

BUT

The Wildcats scored their final TD with their 1st-teamers going against the Bulldog 2nd-teamers after calling a timeout with a running clock having been in effect the entire 2nd half.  Not classy.  Maybe Coach Surratt shouldn't agree to a running clock the next time his team is ahead of the Wildcats by 25 at halftime in order that his team might get more possessions and thus more TDs in the 2nd half.

The excuses will probably be that the extra score meant a lot in the way of morale for a team that has a big game coming up next week.  I'm sorry; it was still classless.

And don't forget that another Wildcat TD came on a kickoff, not against the Bulldog D.

* Always the Voice of Reason, Brute....Thanks for the reality check!👌