Week Ten: Rockwall Heath at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-1, 4-1) vs Rockwall Heath Hawks (6-2, 4-1)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall Heath in a close one
    • Rockwall Heath in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2017 at 12:30 AM

longview.pngrockwallheath.png

LONGVIEW LOBOS (7-1, 4-1) VS ROCKWALL HEATH HAWKS (6-2, 4-2)

DATE: Friday, November 3rd, 2017
TIME: 7:30 PM
LONGVIEW BROADCAST: Sunny 106.5 FM KOOI
ROCKWALL HEATH BROADCAST: Sportsgram.net

longview.pngLOBOS LEAD SERIES 3-0-0 longview.png

The two schools have never played a non-district contest before.
The Lobos have a 3-0 lead when the game is a district contest.
The two schools have never played a playoff contest before.
The two schools have never played at a neutral location.
The Lobos have a 1-0 lead when the game is played at Longview.
The Lobos have a 2-0 lead when the game is played at Rockwall Heath.
Longview won the last 3 contests against the Hawks.
Longview is 1-0 all-time against the Hawks at Lobo Stadium (new), winning the last meeting there.
The two schools have never played on November 3rd before.

LAST FIVE GAMES IN SERIES
10.28.2016 - Longview 35, Rockwall Heath 21 - Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium
10.11.2013 - Longview 42, Rockwall Heath 10 - Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium
10.12.2012 - Longview 52, Rockwall Heath 27 - Lobo Stadium
FULL GAME LOG

GAME PREVIEW & SERIES REVIEW
Coming Soon.

WEEK TEN 11-6A SCHEDULE:
Longview vs Rockwall Heath (Lobo Stadium)
Mesquite Horn vs John Tyler (E.H. Hanby Stadium)
Rockwall vs Mesquite (Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium)
Tyler Lee vs North Mesquite (Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium)

WEEK NINE 11-6A RESULTS:
John Tyler 19 Longview 28
Mesquite 27 Rockwall Heath 50
North Mesquite 14 Mesquite Horn 66
Rockwall 49 Tyler Lee 28

DISTRICT 11-6A STANDINGS
1st. Mesquite Horn (7-1, 5-0)
2nd. Longview (7-1, 4-1)
3rd. Rockwall Heath (6-2, 4-1)
4th. John Tyler (5-3, 3-2)
5th. Rockwall (3-5, 2-3)
6th. Tyler Lee (4-4, 1-4)
7th. North Mesquite (3-5, 1-4)
8th. Mesquite (1-7, 0-5)

LONGVIEW LOBOS
Record: 7-1 (4-1)
District: 11-6A
Coach: John King (146-35 in 14 seasons) (Playoffs: 31-13)
First Year of Football: 1909
All-Time Record: 705-340-52 (Playoffs: 59-40-1)
Playoff Appearances: 42
Last Playoff Appearance: 2016, 6A Division II Bi-District Round
State Championships (1): 1937 (1A)
State Championship Appearances (4): 1937 (1A), 1997 (5A D1), 2008 (4A D1), 2009 (4A D1)
SCHEDULE:
09.01 - vs Lufkin - Win 35-16
09.08 - vs Marshall - Win 41-7
09.15 - vs South Oak Cliff - Win 38-7
09.22 - at Mesquite Horn - Loss 52-34
09.29 - vs Tyler Lee - Win 54-26
10.06 - at Rockwall - Win 31-21
10.20 - vs North Mesquite - Win 41-7
10.27 - at John Tyler - Win 28-19
11.03 - vs Rockwall Heath
11.10 - at Mesquite

ROCKWALL HEATH HAWKS
Record: 6-2 (4-1)
District: 11-6A
Coach: Mickey Moss (73-34 in 10 seasons) (Playoffs: 8-6)
First Year of Football: 2006
All-Time Record: 82-43 (Playoffs: 8-6)
Playoff Appearances: 6
Last Playoff Appearance: 2015, 5A Division I Area Round
State Championships: n/a
State Championship Appearances: n/a
SCHEDULE:
09.01 - at Wylie East - Win 34-10
09.08 - vs West Mesquite - Loss 34-21
09.15 - vs Irving MacArthur - Win 48-9
09.22 - at Tyler Lee - Win 24-14
09.29 - vs Rockwall - Win 28-27
10.06 - at North Mesquite - Win 35-28
10.20 - vs John Tyler - Loss 37-33
10.27 - at Mesquite - Win 50-27
11.03 - at Longview
11.10 - vs Mesquite Horn

ON THIS DATE IN LOBO HISTORY: November 3rd
In 1922, Longview knocked off Gilmer for the first time in 6 years in a 20-0 victory.
In 1933, the Loboes grabbed their first ever victory in Nacogodches with a 34-0 win.
In 1950, Longview and Tyler continued a streak of 8 consecutive years of trading wins as the Lions knocked off Longview, 26-0, at Rose Stadium.
In 1961, a missed two point conversion by the Lobos in the 2nd quarter was all Texas High needed to corral Longview at Grim Park in a 16-14 victory for the Tigers.
In 1967, Rodney Hill scored twice as five different Lobos tallied touchdowns in a 42-0 victory over Texarkana at Grim Park. The Lobos held Texas High to just 136 yards total on the night.
In 1972, the Lobos fell behind early in the first quarter against Tyler Lee but a 93 yard kickoff return by Calvin Portley and a Mike Mock field goal in the first quarter erased the deficit as the Lobos knocked off the Red Raiders, 21-7, at Rose Stadium.
In 1978, Mike Faggett’s 72 yard touchdown reception with just two minutes left lifted Longview to a 17-14 victory over arch rival Marshall at Lobo Stadium.
In 1989, Earnest Hunter tallied three touchdown runs to lift Longview to a 21-20 victory over John Tyler. Longview trailed 20-7 at halftime before Hunter tallied twice in the 4th quarter to lift the Lobos to the win.
In 2000, Nacogdoches grabbed a 13-0 lead before halftime before Longview awoke in the 2nd half in route to a 30-13 victory over the Dragons. The Lobo defense held the Dragons to just 77 yards total on the night.
In 2006, in a back and forth game, Mesquite grabbed a 17-14 lead with just 2:42 to play at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. But Longview would not be denied as D’Marcus Miles rushed for a 59 yard touchdown with 1:53 left in the game to lift Longview to a 21-17 win and their third straight district championship.
In 2011, before a nationally televised audience, Jalen Porter forced DeSoto quarterback Desmond White to fumble with 1:49 left in the game which resulted in a safety and lifted Longview to a 23-21 victory over the Eagles. The victory gave Longview their eighth consecutive district crown.

lobohowl2.GIF

• Like 1

Will get preview posted in the morning.

Longview has clinched a playoff spot. A win would clinch the #1 seed in Division II for the 13th season out of King's 14 seasons.

Heath can clinch a playoff spot and also the #1 seed in D2 if they win.

Despite the poor game last night, Haynes became the 20th Lobo all-time to throw for 9 or more touchdowns in a season. Only the 21st Lobo QB to have 9 career TD tosses or more (should tell you how poor we've been throwing the ball over the years).

45 minutes ago, TheFootballFan said:

Just not sure what he's saving him for? Maybe for the next team carter plays for! That's it!!! Resting him for his college d-1 career.

Okay TFF, most of the time you're annoying, but this was pretty funny. 7JBHArZ.gif Well done. 

16 hours ago, Matthias said:

Okay TFF, most of the time you're annoying, but this was pretty funny. 7JBHArZ.gif Well done. 

He point he’s making is pretty valid too tbh. It makes no sense why we’re saving Carter.

• Like 1

It's not like longview has other d-1 guys anywhere on the team now.... but the one we have isn't used at all....  he should be the qb at this point.... he prob needs to touch ball every play.... or be the facilitator .... just useless now.... then on 3rd and 2 or less or 3rd and long he's not even on the field !!!! That to me is not understanding that the defense is saying thank u... u just made us not have to worry about your only top athelete on offense!  He's only 6-4 210 lbs...... we will then hear he has a scholarship offer from a big time school but at longview he couldn't start til senior year and then he barely plays or gets the ball when every time he touches ball he's dangerous!  In high school you haveeeee to ride your best horses!!!  Saving them for what????? Ha! Just crazy! 

48 minutes ago, TheFootballFan said:

It's not like longview has other d-1 guys anywhere on the team now.... but the one we have isn't used at all....  he should be the qb at this point.... he prob needs to touch ball every play.... or be the facilitator .... just useless now.... then on 3rd and 2 or less or 3rd and long he's not even on the field !!!! That to me is not understanding that the defense is saying thank u... u just made us not have to worry about your only top athelete on offense!  He's only 6-4 210 lbs...... we will then hear he has a scholarship offer from a big time school but at longview he couldn't start til senior year and then he barely plays or gets the ball when every time he touches ball he's dangerous!  In high school you haveeeee to ride your best horses!!!  Saving them for what????? Ha! Just crazy! 

Unless you and everyone on here stand up and begin to approach how this guy is held accountable, or lack there of, with the district, then you are wasting your time complaining on here... everyone that has watched the program knows what the programs shortcomings are... ijs....... 

• Like 1

Accountable? How?  To me carter at Qb and king at wr would be much better fir the "team" at this point. They single cover carter anyway so it's not like they are even worried ... sooo king at wr wouldn't change the offense other than an older, faster, stronger better athelete touching the ball every play... Haynes is a good young player but the other players are not set up to help him....... yes, it's the same every year! You are correct! So it's either get use to the taste of regular coffee or dare to taste the new one coming out ? Spice late! Here at longview it's being satisfied with the regular which is fine! No complaints with the history! But there is a limit with regular no doubt! Do drink up!!!!😊

Carter at Qb would also help the oline!!!!

Is it about this years team? Or next?

To me... the fact that that kid who went to Spring Hill from Jt instead of playing at longview says a lot.... thibk about it

How about using say 88 to play blocking tight end sometimes ? Use what u have!!!!! Lobgview needs to use every single player on both sides if needed to win going forward 

Carter is so  underused. He should be playing Qb.  The team plays better as a whole when he does.  He walks away from the field now looking defeated. He knows what he can do and they aren't letting him touch the ball. 

Friday was a win but the game was flat to me. You know we could be doing better but we seem to be struggling 

Isn't Carter leading the team in tds?

jaylin brown at te is our best receiver 

i dont think some of u understand that these coaches know each player and their abilities and they understand our scheme and what we are trying to do and spend their life working at it.   Some of u really have no clue what ur talking about and sound silly with some of this #### u say 

• Like 1

I don't want Carter as QB full time.

But I see no problem putting him in the backfield, or putting him in as the wildcat or even just throwing him out there sometimes as the QB.

He needs to be used more, there's no doubt about that. Especially with our lack of running game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

Accountable? How?  To me carter at Qb and king at wr would be much better fir the "team" at this point. 

Good thing you aren't the coach.

I love me some Carter but he is not a better QUARTERBACK than Haynes. And if anyone says different, you haven't went to a game, practice or anything. 

What, Haynes had one bad game, now he needs to be benched? Earlier in the year you said he should start, now he has one bad game and needs to be benched. lol

You're more confused than Trump.

Now I do agree that Carter is underutilized but putting him full time at QB, absolutely no. Haynes is our best QB, not Carter.

Only time he should be in at QB is when we are doing dirty bird (which we don't do enough of). And I like him at WR at the moment especially with Johnson being done for the year. He is a matchup problem for most teams but we must utilize him. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

It's not like longview has other d-1 guys anywhere on the team now.... 

Measuring talent and success by simply measuring the amount of D1 players on the team is laughable.

The team in our district with the most D1 players currently isn't even a playoff team. Ha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobouno said:

Isn't Carter leading the team in tds?

jaylin brown at te is our best receiver 

i dont think some of u understand that these coaches know each player and their abilities and they understand our scheme and what we are trying to do and spend their life working at it.   Some of u really have no clue what ur talking about and sound silly with some of this #### u say 

I concur with you to a point, sir !

The "rub" is that an athlete like Carter really needs to have more touches than just ONE in a big game.

I know he was "targeted" a couple of additional times against JT but the one catch went for a big gain TD of 39 yards.

Suffice it to say, his underutilization in Friday night is nothing short of poor personnel management.

Going back several weeks ago against the other Tyler team he had somewhere in the neighborhood of TEN total touches (mostly rushes) and "only" scored FIVE TD's !!

So it's plain to see SOME fans DO have a clue and when the playcaller "apparently" doesn't have the recall to get this player more involved then it's certainly more than fair to call him on it !

All good 

Ok... carter had 5 in one game.... come on... against tyler lee!!!!  Forget it!  Typical ! This is why longview is longview ! 😊... all good! First round here we come! Along with 4 other teams! Ha

Ok .... so.... not using your best player is good? Ha... I guess longview with it's rich tradition of championships gets the benefit of the doubt! Ok! Let's trust the process!!! Ha! Which means fudge the numbers to be in 5a!!!😉

All good... big picture it doesn't matter.... just football and they are 7-1..... this point on will end as usual so all good!!!

Oh Anti.... I thought you said Rockwall was good??? Hmmmmm

47 minutes ago, TheFootballFan said:

Oh Anti.... I thought you said Rockwall was good??? Hmmmmm

They nearly beat Horn. You think they are garbage too?

According to you, Rockwall is good anyway since they have D1 talent.

41 minutes ago, ANTI said:

They nearly beat Horn. You think they are garbage too?

According to you, Rockwall is good anyway since they have D1 talent.

Dude, you just don't get it. 

Every team that beats Longview is awesome, elite, and someone the Lobo coaching staff should emulate.

Every team that loses to Longview is weak, overrated, and would be blown out by an elite 6A squad.

The entire 11-6A district is garbage, and a mediocre team from any other district would go undefeated in ours.

Longview can't compete in 6A or 5A. King is a terrible coach.  Might as well disband football.

• Like 1

LoVe this!!! Good convo! 😉

Ok... tell me this ....how do you think the district stands up? Would anyone even compete for the 5a state title in this group?? Seriously? I thibk the district is ok.... no dominant team but 2-3 really bad teams .... so you tell me what u think? Waiting?as compared to other districts? 

King doesn't stink.... as I said it's what it is and will be... no more than that even if in 5a.... good but unlesss Aaron johnson 2 comes good luck 

Hey, longview is a decent program ... but the reality is they have the same chance at a title as Spring Hill and that's the truth! Isn't it???