Week Ten: Rockwall Heath at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-1, 4-1) vs Rockwall Heath Hawks (6-2, 4-1)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall Heath in a close one
    • Rockwall Heath in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2017 at 12:30 AM

I was talking about winning a title in 6a.... which longview no matter how good they are prob has a slim chance with the amount of competition in 6a.... maybe less than 5% chance every year.... what's spring hills chances... about 0%.... not that much different really....that's all I was saying! 

On 10/29/2017 at 7:13 PM, TheFootballFan said:

LoVe this!!! Good convo! 😉

Ok... tell me this ....how do you think the district stands up? Would anyone even compete for the 5a state title in this group?? Seriously? I thibk the district is ok.... no dominant team but 2-3 really bad teams .... so you tell me what u think? Waiting?as compared to other districts? 

King doesn't stink.... as I said it's what it is and will be... no more than that even if in 5a.... good but unlesss Aaron johnson 2 comes good luck 

Hey, longview is a decent program ... but the reality is they have the same chance at a title as Spring Hill and that's the truth! Isn't it???

I'll play along FF.  Rockwall beat the defending 5A champions and has 3 district losses.  Rockwall, Horn and Longview maybe even JT ( I'll let you know about Heath after Friday) would make some serious noise in 5A.

As far as a 6A district, I would tend to agree with you.  Very competitive, but most teams seem to be lacking the it factor that  would make them elite.

i'd like to let you know that most of the time, you have valid observations, but you present them in such an over the top way that the message gets lost.

13 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

JV (7-1, 5-0) travels to Heath tonight while Freshmen (8-0, 5-0) host Heath. Both looking to claim at least a share of the district title tonight.

JV won 21-13 and Freshmen won 34-0.

• Like 1

Playoff seeding should be determined tonight.

If we win tonight and Lufkin wins tonight, we play West Brook at home.

If we lose tonight and Lufkin wins tonight, we play Lufkin at Lufkin.

Only way we’d play Montgomery is if a strange three way tie happens with Lufkin/West Brook/Montgomery all finishing 3-3. But that’s doubtful with Lufkin playing Conroe this week and West Brook playing Conroe next week.

We could also play Montgomery technically if we lose tonight and Montgomery wins out/West Brook loses out, as we would then have to travel to Montgomery.

Only way we play Lufkin at home is if Longview wins tonight coupled with Montgomery winning out, West Brook losing out and Lufkin going 1-1..as the last game is against Montgomery and would be the tiebreaker on seeding.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

We want that rematch with west Brook!

I want to see how they do tonight against Oak Ridge for sure. 

They’re still extremely talented offensively. Would be another struggle no doubt.

56 minutes ago, daceo3cp said:

So what happens if some how Longview loses tonight and we beat horn does that change playoff standings  other than horn will most likely win district out right 

It would come down to how Rockwall does. 

Yall have to win out unless Rockwall loses one. If JT makes it, Heath goes D1 and Longview would only have to win this week or next week against Mesquite to clinch the #1 seed.

Only way JT gets the top seed if they make it in is if Longview loses out.

6 hours ago, WolverBean said:

🚨 Official Update 🚨

Longview will be staying in 6A with a total of 2,242.5 students after adding LEAD Academy‼️

LINK: http://www.etvaristy.com/blogs/staff/entries/2017/nov/03/insider-longviews-adjusted-snapshot-number-has-lobos-staying-put-6a/

wow. I will say this, if LV dropped to 5a-Div.1, with the offense coming back next yr, you could write them in to at least the 4th round...but I think at 6a, LV will probably go just as deep next yr. I know your def losses a good bunch, but that Off will be tough to stop next yr.