Things That Tick Me Off In Public

Stoney

Went out to eat Mexican food at a local restaurant. There's me and about 5 other people there cause it's 2pm and I'm 34 going on 74. Sitting in a booth waiting on my food when 2 old women and a man walk in and get seated at the table behind. Old ladies are loud, restaurant is quiet so everything is amplified. They get to going through the menu. What's a chille releno? What is salsa verde? But what ticked me off and made me lose my appetite was when the talk turned to cheese. "Do you want the enchilada platter?" "Does it come with cheese? Because cheese makes me fart really bad now." She then goes into detail about how bad her farts are. Wallpaper curling. Blame it on the dog, farts.💨🤢🤢🤢 I quit eating and walked out. 

20 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

Went out to eat Mexican food at a local restaurant. There's me and about 5 other people there cause it's 2pm and I'm 34 going on 74. Sitting in a booth waiting on my food when 2 old women and a man walk in and get seated at the table behind. Old ladies are loud, restaurant is quiet so everything is amplified. They get to going through the menu. What's a chille releno? What is salsa verde? But what ticked me off and made me lose my appetite was when the talk turned to cheese. "Do you want the enchilada platter?" "Does it come with cheese? Because cheese makes me #### really bad now." She then goes into detail about how bad her #### are. Wallpaper curling. Blame it on the dog, ####.💨🤢🤢🤢 I quit eating and walked out. 

That's why you need to be careful which 5 Star restaurant you eat at.  We only have one 5 Star in Evadale, Chucks Bar-b-q.  Has a sign, The Good Smell in Evadale.  Chip beef is good, and never heard anyone talking about #### there lol.  But your story reinforces what I've been saying lately - most of the country has gone slap dab crazy.

14 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

The older I get the more I like the idea of being a hermit.

I am 51.  I grew up in East Texas (Hallsville) and developed conservative values. Upon graduation I moved to Austin where I attended UT for the next 4-1/2 years. While there, though I did not really relinquish any of my conservative views, I did realize that there are others out there that have different viewpoints than mine. Therefore, for the lack of better words, I became more tolerant, understanding, compassionate, or whatever but still kept my core beliefs and values.

As I have gotten older I find that I do get irritated quickly by things these days. Particularly by what I perceive to be rude, insensitive, or selfish behavior.  I expect people to have a certain self awareness to realize that there are other people out there.

In other words, I want people to think like me!!!  Now get off of my lawn!!

• Like 2

A few years back when I was still living in Marshall my wife was out of town for a couple of days and I was by myself so I drove to Longview to get a ribeye steak for supper at Texas Road House ... I had just got seated near the back when the waitress led three very mature "large" black ladies to the end booth and seated them.  They were dressed in skin tight red dresses with shiny sequins like they had just come from some grand get together of some kind.  I swear if you touched any of them with a razor blade their outfit would have exploded like an over inflated truck tire and would have killed anybody within 12 feet.  The smallest of them was probably around 300lbs.  The largest one, who they sat on the back bench by herself, would have been a tight fit in my cattle trailer.   I was across from them and little did I know they would put on the loudest and funniest "shows" I have ever seen in a public eating place.  Everyone seated on that end of the restaurant was staring at them and smiling/laughing.  The only thing missing was Fred Sanford.   I was practically in tears laughing by the time I left.  

• LOL! 1

People who are on your bumper, pass you and then make a right turn in front of you.

🤡 who drive 10 under the speed limit on a two lane road, traffic backing up behind them and they start driving 90 when the speed limit kicks up to 70!

22 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

People who are on your bumper, pass you and then make a right turn in front of you.

🤡 who drive 10 under the speed limit on a two lane road, traffic backing up behind them and they start driving 90 when the speed limit kicks up to 70!

It happens every day on 249 between 45 and Beltway 8.  It's a 7 lane road, but most of the time you're doing 40 in a 50, because you're blocked in by the idiots.  I love when I get pole position, because then I don't have to worry about it.  

• LOL! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On October 31, 2017 at 7:36 PM, stoneykelly said:

The older I get the more I like the idea of being a hermit.

That's the dying truth.  Was in Wal-Mart today.  Walking out in the parking lot, I looked around at all the people.  Virtually none of them looked like what someone my age (72) would consider normal.  My wife is always telling me, you'd be happy never going anywhere.  Just sitting in your recliner.  You know what?  She's absolutely right.  I'm still 100% with that country song - "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy".  You bunch of reprobates on here sound okay, but we're all a vanishing breed.

What else do I hate in public?  Y'all nailed a bunch.  Public or private, I hate snakes.  My SILaw killed one in the driveway about 2 hours ago (cold front not here yet).

• LOL! 1

On 11/18/2017 at 8:11 PM, REBgp said:

That's the dying truth.  Was in Wal-Mart today.  Walking out in the parking lot, I looked around at all the people.  Virtually none of them looked like what someone my age (72) would consider normal.  My wife is always telling me, you'd be happy never going anywhere.  Just sitting in your recliner.  You know what?  She's absolutely right.  I'm still 100% with that country song - "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy".  You bunch of reprobates on here sound okay, but we're all a vanishing breed.

What else do I hate in public?  Y'all nailed a bunch.  Public or private, I hate snakes.  My SILaw killed one in the driveway about 2 hours ago (cold front not here yet).

I don't mind snakes unless they're poisonous or the human variety.  It's the same with spiders.  I won't ever kill a spider unless it's a black widow or a brown recluse.  

Another thing I hate is when someone pulls into traffic really fast, and then drives 10 miles under the speed limit.  Another is not entering the turn lane, but slowing down to enter it.  Then you have people that refuse to use the shoulder to make a right hand turn.  You're slowing down, so get out of the way.  

Since I work in the restaurant business I hate campers.  Eat and go.  People are trying to make money for the holidays, and you're costing them money.  I remember when I was younger that people would come over and sit in the living room to visit.  You don't go to a restaurant eat and then sit for an hour or more, and only tip a couple of dollars.  That's wasting people's time, plus if you're ever on a wait for a table you can blame them.  I can understand at a bar that has a game on, but not in a place you eat at.  Me and a buddy of mine usually go have lunch somewhere, and we eat and then after we're done we'll go talk out in the parking lot.  Nobody wants to hear our conversations because it's usually about sports, politics, or the news.  

• Thanks 1

Dave, I'm a firm believer that everybody should work in a restaurant before entering the real world. People treat wait staff like crud, not realizing these people handle your food. Be nice. Poor tippers who do it on purpose and not because of poor service have a special place in Hell waiting for them. I'm tipping $4-5 on a $9-10 bill. Especially if it's a place I go to regularly. Do the same with the barber. You tend to get better service and the ability to get a Denver omelette at noon when breakfast ended at 10:30 or that first chair when your in a rush. If that table ain't turning wait staff ain't making money. If your gonna hold the fort then you need to pay for it. $1.50 on a cup of coffee ain't gonna cut it.

2 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

Dave, I'm a firm believer that everybody should work in a restaurant before entering the real world. People treat wait staff like crud, not realizing these people handle your food. Be nice. Poor tippers who do it on purpose and not because of poor service have a special place in Hell waiting for them. I'm tipping $4-5 on a $9-10 bill. Especially if it's a place I go to regularly. Do the same with the barber. You tend to get better service and the ability to get a Denver omelette at noon when breakfast ended at 10:30 or that first chair when your in a rush. If that table ain't turning wait staff ain't making money. If your gonna hold the fort then you need to pay for it. $1.50 on a cup of coffee ain't gonna cut it.

I'd always tip the "normal" until my son got out of Marines & waited tables while going to school.  After talking to him, I tip a lot more now. My g'daughter is a waitress at a Mexican place in Silsbee.  If she's working, my tip is more than our bill lol.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

I'd always tip the "normal" until my son got out of Marines & waited tables while going to school.  After talking to him, I tip a lot more now. My g'daughter is a waitress at a Mexican place in Silsbee.  If she's working, my tip is more than our bill lol.

I consider myself a pretty decent tipper... never less than 15% unless the server is just not doing their job of at least coming around to see if everything is ok & ask if we need anything once the entree comes out... I also don't care for one that hovers around too much... I'm a patient diner who considers the volume of customers the server has to tend to. I often more than not tip 15-25% for an enjoyable meal.

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, REBgp said:

I could very easily be a hermit.  My wife is a very sociable person and really enjoys being around people, me it doesn't take long before I want to be alone out in the woods or fishing or just watching the cows.  I'm very content to be by myself.  When I was stationed in Alaska, I used to go on hunting trips in the mountains alone for a week or ten days at a time and sometimes never see another person.  

I am a generous tipper ... I meet my high school buddy who goes to a lot of games with me and sometimes we will stop at Denny's or some café and drink coffee and talk for a couple of hours ... If we haven't ordered food, I still leave a $20 for the coffee and tip because I know we have been hurting "her" business ... 

Pet peeves ... I HATE waiting on my check after I have finished a meal.  When I get through, I'm ready to go, I have been in places that weren't very busy, yet when I'm ready to go my waiter/waitress has disappeared for 10-15 minutes and have to wait on my check .... to me, that's really bad service ...

On 11/21/2017 at 6:52 PM, stoneykelly said:

I've always tipped good, except maybe before I was 10.  What's weird is there's a place down here that has $5.99 haircuts.  I haven't had a haircut that cheap since the 80's, and she does a great job.  I always give her at least $6.  I don't see how they're making any money with those low prices.  Everywhere else is $20 + not counting tip.  I tip my Sonic drive thru person more than I get sometimes, and I'm not a crappy server.  I have two little old ladies that love me, and give me between $25-$60 every Thursday on a $15 meal.  True, I give them a lot of free stuff, but I don't expect that much from them.