A Desperate Plea to David Smoak

Waggle

Mr. Smoak,

You are a good man, and I enjoy your coverage of my Baylor Bears. For the sake of my school, season tickets and you having a decent team to cover, please ask Matt Rhule to resign. Just next time you talk to him, hopefully before next week.

Thanks,

Waggle

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

This is a sick joke right?? 

Naw Buddy it must seem crazy. He goes off the wall at times but he is very educated. Just let him take in after a poster he is second to JF.

He will blast someones A! If he scored like a 140 on the ACT that means Lion70 scored like a 5. Serious stuff.

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Naw Buddy it must seem crazy. He goes off the wall at times but he is very educated. Just let him take in after a poster he is second to JF.

He will blast someones A! If he scored like a 140 on the ACT that means Lion70 scored like a 5. Serious stuff.

Lol! Gotcha. 

1 hour ago, Waggle said:

Mr. Smoak,

You are a good man, and I enjoy your coverage of my Baylor Bears. For the sake of my school, season tickets and you having a decent team to cover, please ask Matt Rhule to resign. Just next time you talk to him, hopefully before next week.

Thanks,

Waggle

Baylor is lucky they didn't receive the death penalty. Matt Rhule is a brave man for taking on this trainwreck of a job. Why don't you schedule a meeting with the AD and voice your concerns?

• Like 3

This thread, including the comments from both sides is ridiculous!!! 

Bashing Rhule and asking him to resign is ignorant. He is doing a great job trying to set this program on the right path. He has them playing hard to the last whistle and he's doing a good job recruiting. Baylor's success will not happen overnight and Rhule deserves more credit for what he has done than what some fans want to give him. Winning football games is great but Rhule has to deal with more than just winning. 

As far as statements that Baylor deserves the death penalty and that fans want to win at the expense of their female students, those are just as ignorant. I get that there are those who dislike all things Baylor but to continue the bashing when they have cleaned house of those involved and are trying to go in the right direction is wrong. 

And before anyone says I'm just defending Baylor because I was ok with what they did, you are wrong. Everything coming out and the changes that have been made since, are the best things that could have happened for the future of Baylor University. The cancer at Baylor and all schools may never be gone totally, as long as immorality exists in society, but they are headed in the right direction. 

10 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

Baylor fans would rather win at the expense of their female students than lose while cleaning up a rotten program. Matt Rhule is a good coach who deserves better than Baylor. 

Yep, he's great!!!!!!! Given time I think he may get to UTSA or Liberty's level. 

Our dumb as rocks BOR was shocked by something that happens to be a longstanding national epidemic, so under PR pressure they panicked and fired three high profile people in a flurry of self righteous grandstanding. All while still not being forthcoming. Basically they scapegoated a few people as ostensible rape accessories and hoped  that would satisfy Texas monthly and Twitter. 

The dumb as rocks BOR thought they could scapegoat Briles, throw money at a new coaching staff and keep rolling. Our current situation is the result of the same level of decision making that led to them ousting Briles instead of fixing the problem and taking some blame themselves.  

Winter is here.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, DTrump said:

LOLOLOLOL 

I'm amazed he even has the capability to log into this site. He must have a handler. 

• LOL! 2

5 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

This thread, including the comments from both sides is ridiculous!!! 

Bashing Rhule and asking him to resign is ignorant. He is doing a great job trying to set this program on the right path. He has them playing hard to the last whistle and he's doing a good job recruiting. Baylor's success will not happen overnight and Rhule deserves more credit for what he has done than what some fans want to give him. Winning football games is great but Rhule has to deal with more than just winning. 

As far as statements that Baylor deserves the death penalty and that fans want to win at the expense of their female students, those are just as ignorant. I get that there are those who dislike all things Baylor but to continue the bashing when they have cleaned house of those involved and are trying to go in the right direction is wrong. 

And before anyone says I'm just defending Baylor because I was ok with what they did, you are wrong. Everything coming out and the changes that have been made since, are the best things that could have happened for the future of Baylor University. The cancer at Baylor and all schools may never be gone totally, as long as immorality exists in society, but they are headed in the right direction. 

The sad path to 0-12 & CUSA:

Sat, Sept 2 0-1 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 9 0-2 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 16 0-3 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 23 0-4 (0-1)
Sat, Sept 30 0-5 (0-2)
Sat, Oct 14 0-6 (0-3)
Sat, Oct 21 0-7 (0-4)
Sat, Oct 28 0-8 (0-5)

13 hours ago, Waggle said:

Yep, he's great!!!!!!! Given time I think he may get to UTSA or Liberty's level. 

Our dumb as rocks BOR was shocked by something that happens to be a longstanding national epidemic, so under PR pressure they panicked and fired three high profile people in a flurry of self righteous grandstanding. All while still not being forthcoming. Basically they scapegoated a few people as ostensible rape accessories and hoped  that would satisfy Texas monthly and Twitter. 

The dumb as rocks BOR thought they could scapegoat Briles, throw money at a new coaching staff and keep rolling. Our current situation is the result of the same level of decision making that led to them ousting Briles instead of fixing the problem and taking some blame themselves.  

Winter is here.

That's been my stand as well as a few others on here. That if Baylor had just come down hard on Briles at first, cleaned house of everybody on the staff and just quit making stupid statements/ full page ads, I'd be a lot more lenient in my stance on Baylor. There's a section of Baylor fans that are taking the outrage at Baylor as being directed at their team finally being successful on the field. That's not it. Baylor could have looked good in their handling of this. They haven't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoneykelly said:

That's been my stand as well as a few others on here. That if Baylor had just come down hard on Briles at first, cleaned house of everybody on the staff and just quit making stupid statements/ full page ads, I'd be a lot more lenient in my stance on Baylor. There's a section of Baylor fans that are taking the outrage at Baylor as being directed at their team finally being successful on the field. That's not it. Baylor could have looked good in their handling of this. They haven't.

With that being said, the athletes and alumni deserve better than what Rhule has given them thus far. He didn't utilize the talent and implemented an offense we were not equipped for.  The offense now anemic and the defense is just as awful as before. They look totally lost and are cruising for an o-fer. Kansas is our Alamo. There is no excuse for the epic Falwell Flop and UTSA losses. I've seen this all before, this guy is Steele Jr....except even Steele could beat the FCS teams. 

Just now, Waggle said:

He didn't utilize the talent and implemented an offense we were not equipped for.  The offense now anemic and the defense is just as awful as before. 

I haven't watched a Baylor game since OUr near-death experience... did y'all stop doing a spread and chunk? Because that worked like gangbusters against Mike's s####y scheme.