A Desperate Plea to David Smoak

Waggle

2 hours ago, Waggle said:

With that being said, the athletes and alumni deserve better than what Rhule has given them thus far. He didn't utilize the talent and implemented an offense we were not equipped for.  The offense now anemic and the defense is just as awful as before. They look totally lost and are cruising for an o-fer. Kansas is our Alamo. There is no excuse for the epic Falwell Flop and UTSA losses. I've seen this all before, this guy is Steele Jr....except even Steele could beat the FCS teams. 

exactly my thoughts on this season.  However, if he can keep his recruits, he is getting guys in that will fit his offense... But the problem I have with this strategy is that it is setting up a Texas-type situation where it will take at least 3 years of losing to get the guys in your system to work and by that time, who wants to go to Baylor to play for a team that has rebuilt a reputation for losing?  

He should have implemented parts of his offensive scheme and taken advantage of his already on campus speed at the skill positions so he could win some now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Not really have you been there? They failed to fire the whole staff in a timely manner. They failed to protect the students namely females. If you have a pattern of it it becomes a you problem. They failed to fire the higherups keeping the same board.

Baylor fans would rather win at the expense of their female students than lose while cleaning up a rotten program. Matt Rhule is a good coach who deserves better than Baylor. 

Baylor Fans and Board of Regents are 2 totally different groups of people. I don't remember receiving any emails asking me my thoughts on the coaching staff from the BOR. That's why that comment is idiotic, and yours along with it. Karma has comeback on Baylor. Oh and News Flash Matt Rhule chose to come to Baylor

8 hours ago, Matthias said:

I haven't watched a Baylor game since OUr near-death experience... did y'all stop doing a spread and chunk? Because that worked like gangbusters against Mike's s####y scheme. 

Since the OU anomaly, the offense has been completely predictable and discombobulated. In Rhule's infinite wisdom, he decided that we should switch quarterbacks every series against UT. I guess he thought that would eliminate our predictability issue. It didn't! Every week he throws spaghetti against the wall and hopes something sticks. 

On 10/30/2017 at 9:54 AM, stoneykelly said:

Rhule did a good job at Temple. Was Baylor the right fit for him? Not with the talent and scheme those players were used to, no.

That's why he needs time to get players that fit his scheme. This isn't the first time a coach has brought a new scheme to a school, and with the mass exodus/fallout from Briles it's a large rebuilding undertaking. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBear said:

That's why he needs time to get players that fit his scheme. This isn't the first time a coach has brought a new scheme to a school, and with the mass exodus/fallout from Briles it's a large rebuilding undertaking. 

Kevin Steele had a "scheme" too. We should have AT LEAST 2 wins with this roster. 

Following Rhule thus far, I fully expect our Bears to approach this game with the arrogance that helped us lose to a mid tier FCS team - Liberty, the total incompetence that made us lose to UT, the lack of conditioning that made us lose to UTSA & Duke, and the play calling of a 7th grade B-team coach in some sleepy town in the mid-west. 

4 hours ago, Waggle said:

Kevin Steele had a "scheme" too. We should have AT LEAST 2 wins with this roster. 

Following Rhule thus far, I fully expect our Bears to approach this game with the arrogance that helped us lose to a mid tier FCS team - Liberty, the total incompetence that made us lose to UT, the lack of conditioning that made us lose to UTSA & Duke, and the play calling of a 7th grade B-team coach in some sleepy town in the mid-west. 

If Zach Smith started against UTSA and Liberty then we would have won. I'm not a beat writer for Baylor some I'm not going to comment on conditioning. You have to give a coach at least 3 years. Granted they have to show some form of progress, but 3 years to get a full group of "scheme" fit guys. 

18 hours ago, BigRedBear said:

If Zach Smith started against UTSA and Liberty then we would have won. I'm not a beat writer for Baylor some I'm not going to comment on conditioning. You have to give a coach at least 3 years. Granted they have to show some form of progress, but 3 years to get a full group of "scheme" fit guys. 

Yep! THANKS RHULE! 

On 11/2/2017 at 3:52 PM, BigRedBear said:

Why do you have to give a coach 3 years if you are suspect in what he's bringing in and even suspect in the product that's put on the field. PLAN BETTER!!!

I nearly feel the administration has executed a self imposed "walking death penalty" to its team and football fans from the time of all the firings. It said, "hey, we're gonna take a ton of losses to show that football doesn't mean much after we had built it...get off our backs." 

23 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Why do you have to give a coach 3 years if you are suspect in what he's bringing in and even suspect in the product that's put on the field. PLAN BETTER!!!

I nearly feel the administration has executed a self imposed "walking death penalty" to its team and football fans from the time of all the firings. It said, "hey, we're gonna take a ton of losses to show that football doesn't mean much after we had built it...get off our backs." 

58acc98d9de53.image.jpg?resize=1200,888

"We are not an institution of football" - Dr. David Garland