How would a 3 way tie breaker work should Lovelady groveton and Centerville each end up with 1 loss?

elifromlovelady

9 minutes ago, elifromlovelady said:

So, if Lovelady wins they win district, if groveton wins AND Centerville loses, they'd win district (the win would be the tiebreaker, right?) But if groveton wins AND centerville wins, that'd make all 3 teams each have 1 loss. So how'd they break the tie?

The tiebreaker will be in the district rules agreed upon by the school’s prior to the season. Each district has a different set of tiebreaker rules. Most are a point system with a 21 point cap. I believe Lovelady beat Centerville by 20. Centerville beat Lovelady by 1. That would mean Groveton would need to beat Lovelady by 20 or more to win the district. If they win by 2 or more, Lovelady would still win the district, with Groveton second and Centerville third. And by “win the district”, I’m referring to the #1 playoff seed. They would be co-champs. 

17 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The tiebreaker will be in the district rules agreed upon by the school’s prior to the season. Each district has a different set of tiebreaker rules. Most are a point system with a 21 point cap. I believe Lovelady beat Centerville by 20. Centerville beat Lovelady by 1. That would mean Groveton would need to beat Lovelady by 20 or more to win the district. If they win by 2 or more, Lovelady would still win the district, with Groveton second and Centerville third. And by “win the district”, I’m referring to the #1 playoff seed. They would be co-champs. 

Thanks. Yes I ment playoff seedings. Sorry should have said that. 

4 minutes ago, elifromlovelady said:

Thanks. Yes I ment playoff seedings. Sorry should have said that. 

I’m not sure how District 12 tiebreaker rules are set up. WestHardinfan1 might be able to shed some light. He won’t be much help on the math, though. Doomer tells me he teaches drama. Who woulda thunk? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m not sure how District 12 tiebreaker rules are set up. WestHardinfan1 might be able to shed some light. He won’t be much help on the math, though. Doomer tells me he teaches drama. Who woulda thunk? 

Teaches drama?  That deserves more likes than I'm allowed in a week lol.