⚾️ WORLD SERIES CHAMPION ASTROS OFFSEASON THREAD ⚾️

RETIREDFAN1

I think all we need is to get some bullpen arms (especially LH) and possibly pick up a DH . Beltran will be out so probably need to concentrate on a possible left handed hitter to rotate with Gattis for DH.  Just need to concentrate on relievers. Depending on how they want to use Peacock they may need to add another SP for the #5 spot. I'm sure Martes is the front runner there. Personal opinion is that I want Peacock in the rotation. And depending on the truth of what went on with Giles I'm still pretty sold on him. He converted 34 of 38 in the regular season. Something just wasn't right in the last series with him.

Verlander-Keuchel-McCullers-Morton-Peacock is about as potent of a 1-5 punch as I see anywhere.

I'd like the Astros to beg Carlos Beltran to retire and make him the bench coach to replace Cora. This team respects him so much and he has so much to give the younger players. But I know IF he retires there will be multiple offers in coaching for him. He has expressed the desire to one day be a manager. I hope he calls it a career & wherever he goes I'll root for him.  His production this year was a big let down, but I don't think we will ever be able to measure what he did in Houston in 2017.

Personally I'd like to see Houston try to deal for Boxberger from the Rays

Beltran would be a great bench coach to have.  The bullpen is definitely the weak link right now.  Liriano was a complete bust and Sipp is awful.  Need a LH reliever is priority #1!!  Another question is what do we do with McHugh?  I would think he is the odd man out for the rotation right now, but would he take a role as a long reliever, that way we don't wear out Devenski and Harris?

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, WestHardinfan1 said:

.....Championship finally won.....now we can focus on becoming that dynasty THS was looking for before having win the FIRST one......lol

Just to clarify....I NEVER used the word dynasty.  I said I wanted to stay In contention for a long time.   BIG difference

I miss setting you straight  :toughguy:

• LOL! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard on the radio that the Astros don't plan on going to arbitration with Evan Gattis, and allowing him to be a free agent.  I know he had an off year this past year, but his average was up while his home runs were way down.  $7.5 million isn't that much in baseball terms if he was hitting .263 with 25-35 home runs and 75-80 rbi's.    While I can't find anything official online yet, it might appear tomorrow.  I suppose they were basing their opinion based on this article :  https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/evan-gattis .