⚾️ WORLD SERIES CHAMPION ASTROS OFFSEASON THREAD ⚾️

RETIREDFAN1

He's a 25-30M/yr player. The Astros made a good move locking up his arbitration for 2 more seasons. Player & team both won here. He has guaranteed money and only 2 more years of control until he gets another arbitration in 2020.  This is as good as the Astros could have hoped for.  I don't see any way to keep him with Correa and Altuve coming up quickly. That's why we must hang on to Tucker.

Source : Houston Astros have engaged in trade discussions for JT Realmuto. OF Kyle Tucker is the ask by Miami. Astros are considering. 50% chance Realmuto is dealt before opening day.

I'm good with the addition, but still a firm no on Tucker being traded...

5 hours ago, topher805 said:

Source : Houston Astros have engaged in trade discussions for JT Realmuto. OF Kyle Tucker is the ask by Miami. Astros are considering. 50% chance Realmuto is dealt before opening day.

I'm good with the addition, but still a firm no on Tucker being traded...

That is a tough one. Catcher is one of the hardest position to fill & Realmuto is one of the best. I do not want to lose Tucker even if he is now considered our 2nd best prospect behind Whitley. It would definitely make us better for the next 1-2 years. McCann can handle the pitchers but has almost no arm, no speed, and little bat at his age.  IMO elite catchers are rarer than elite pitchers so I can at least see the logic.  I'd still stand pat with Tucker.

2 minutes ago, elifromlovelady said:

Maybe not  he was a decent reliever. 

The bullpen gave up way too many leads last season.  Gregerson wasn't worth the 6+ million the Astros paid him in 2017.  He gave up 31 ERs in 61 innings, 13 HRs and walked 20 batters.  The Astros can do better than that for 6 million a year ....

On 2/15/2018 at 6:54 PM, KirtFalcon said:

The bullpen gave up way too many leads last season.  Gregerson wasn't worth the 6+ million the Astros paid him in 2017.  He gave up 31 ERs in 61 innings, 13 HRs and walked 20 batters.  The Astros can do better than that for 6 million a year ....

Apparently not..

houston-astros-2017-world-series-champions-deluxe-3x5-flag_600x600.jpg

• LOL! 1