How to be a tired teacher.

step 1- ask yourself are you a coach, if so skip to step 3

step 3- do you teach world history or geography? Go to step 4

step 4- wheel in the tv and vcr for movie day, go to step 5

step 5- repeat step 4 at least 80% of the week

Congratulations you are a tired a teacher. 😉

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

desismileys_0108.gif

"Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Kolmes? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

• LOL! 1

I don't see why they're so tired.  They work an 8 hour day with half of that time with the kids studying textbooks.  They get a 30 minute lunch with 5 minute breaks between classes.  They get weekends off, unless they are teaching a U.I.L contest class.  Holiday's off, a week now at Thanksgiving (It used to be only Wed-Sun), a week off at, and now they have computers instead of grade books  to keep up with the averages.  Hey teachers, leave those kids alone.  

I didn't mean to bash teachers.  They are hard working people just like everybody else. The title of the article, "Theres no Tired Like Teacher Tired" just kind of made me think ... everyone thinks they have it harder than the next guy ... unless you have walked in their boots, you really don't know if it's the truth ...I'm sure there are lots of folks who have experienced harder days than I have and I've been through some pretty exhausting times both mentally and physically ... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't see why they're so tired.  They work an 8 hour day with half of that time with the kids studying textbooks.  They get a 30 minute lunch with 5 minute breaks between classes.  They get weekends off, unless they are teaching a U.I.L contest class.  Holiday's off, a week now at Thanksgiving (It used to be only Wed-Sun), a week off at, and now they have computers instead of grade books  to keep up with the averages.  Hey teachers, leave those kids alone.  

🙄🙄🙄You’d never be able to do it.........

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I didn't mean to bash teachers.  They are hard working people just like everybody else. The title of the article, "Theres no Tired Like Teacher Tired" just kind of made me think ... everyone thinks they have it harder than the next guy ... unless you have walked in their boots, you really don't know if it's the truth ...I'm sure there are lots of folks who have experienced harder days than I have and I've been through some pretty exhausting times both mentally and physically ... 

Did you read it? It was a humorous article, but you had to have actually READ it to know this......😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Did you read it? It was a humorous article, but you had to have actually READ it to know this......😂😂😂

I did read it ... and it was funny ... it was just the title and the idea that someone really believes "Theres no Tired Like Teacher Tired" that got me for some reason ....  I'm sure teachers and coaches are VERY tired after dealing with kids all day ....

23 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I did read it ... and it was funny ... it was just the title and the idea that someone really believes "Theres no Tired Like Teacher Tired" that got me for some reason ....  I'm sure teachers and coaches are VERY tired after dealing with kids all day ....

I read it too, and I think the majority of teachers have a cush job, unless they're a coach or teacher of a U.I.L. class where they have to work extended hours.  Some examples are band, debate, theater (drama), academic decathlon, public speaking, and I might be missing a few.  I just remember back when I was in school, and I had some teachers that showed up 15 minutes before classes started and left right after the last bell rang.  Some would be leaving the parking lot, before we even made it to our cars in high school.  

I do think teaching the imbecile millennials or whatever this generation is going to be called might be having it tougher than those days.  While we were a somewhat rowdy bunch, this generation seems to think they are entitled to it.  Those are the teachers I feel sorry for.  I would still say the best teacher I ever had did very little teaching at all, and left it up to us to self teach ourselves.  It was Mrs. Partain my 5th grade math teacher.  Math was easy in the 5th grade so she simply told us we could work through the book, and once we finished it we didn't have to do anymore studying.  Those that were quicker solving the problems and passing the tests could tutor those that were having trouble with math.  I don't think there was a single student in that class that failed her class.  I finished the book in early April, and there were two classmates that finished it before me.  The entire class knocked it out in early May, and it was more of an hour break in class to do whatever we wanted to within reason for the month of May.  If all my classes would have been like that, I think school would have been a lot easier than what it was.  5th grade was the first year that we had teachers that would only teach one class instead of all the subjects that we had to learn.  While she did have to grade a lot of papers, many of them were on scantron where the teacher fed them into a computer to read.  I can remember numerous teachers that would have us grade the person in back of us grade our quizzes and tests so they didn't have to.  I would suppose that they would double check some to see if another student was trying to help a friend out, but I graded them the same.  When they would read out the answers, I would know what questions I missed even before I got my graded test back.  

I've said this numerous times in my later years, if I would have known how easy it was to be in school I would have purposely failed all my classes as long as I could just to live that easy life.  

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

"Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Kolmes? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

Good Sermon, Mr. Nicholson....😜

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I read it too, and I think the majority of teachers have a cush job, unless they're a coach or teacher of a U.I.L. class where they have to work extended hours.  Some examples are band, debate, theater (drama), academic decathlon, public speaking, and I might be missing a few.  I just remember back when I was in school, and I had some teachers that showed up 15 minutes before classes started and left right after the last bell rang.  Some would be leaving the parking lot, before we even made it to our cars in high school.  

I do think teaching the imbecile millennials or whatever this generation is going to be called might be having it tougher than those days.  While we were a somewhat rowdy bunch, this generation seems to think they are entitled to it.  Those are the teachers I feel sorry for.  I would still say the best teacher I ever had did very little teaching at all, and left it up to us to self teach ourselves.  It was Mrs. Partain my 5th grade math teacher.  Math was easy in the 5th grade so she simply told us we could work through the book, and once we finished it we didn't have to do anymore studying.  Those that were quicker solving the problems and passing the tests could tutor those that were having trouble with math.  I don't think there was a single student in that class that failed her class.  I finished the book in early April, and there were two classmates that finished it before me.  The entire class knocked it out in early May, and it was more of an hour break in class to do whatever we wanted to within reason for the month of May.  If all my classes would have been like that, I think school would have been a lot easier than what it was.  5th grade was the first year that we had teachers that would only teach one class instead of all the subjects that we had to learn.  While she did have to grade a lot of papers, many of them were on scantron where the teacher fed them into a computer to read.  I can remember numerous teachers that would have us grade the person in back of us grade our quizzes and tests so they didn't have to.  I would suppose that they would double check some to see if another student was trying to help a friend out, but I graded them the same.  When they would read out the answers, I would know what questions I missed even before I got my graded test back.  

I've said this numerous times in my later years, if I would have known how easy it was to be in school I would have purposely failed all my classes as long as I could just to live that easy life.  

You couldn’t handle that “Cush job”........

7 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Spend all day in a room with a bunch of kids I can't wail th' Tar out of when they backtalk???? NO Thank you, Sir,,,,,,,!😠

That's what teachers do that I couldn't handle.  Undisciplined kids, and the "my child never does no wrong" parents.  I'd end up in a padded cell after a week.  And for those who've met Colmes, you can understand why his eyes move independent of each other, he has a tic on the right side of his face, and the incessant drooling.  Putting up with all that bs.

• LOL! 1