ESOPs

Stoney

On November 10, 2017 at 8:41 AM, stoneykelly said:

Company I've worked has been bought out by a business that is ran as a ESOP. We have no idea how this will effect us beyond our retirement. Anybody have any experience with one of these?

I know nothing about ESOP, but based on my experience with changing hands (5 times in 32 years), it's a #### shoot.

Reb, if it was sopping biscuits I'd be a PHD. This ESOP business I don't know about especially with it being a northern based company doing the buying. Apparently we will become shareholders and that's about all we know.

On November 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM, stoneykelly said:

Reb, if it was sopping biscuits I'd be a PHD. This ESOP business I don't know about especially with it being a northern based company doing the buying. Apparently we will become shareholders and that's about all we know.

You & me both lol.  As a salary employee, I got hosed on retirement by all the changing companies.  But other than retirement, some good, some bad.  Buddy Stoney, I sure hope it works out great for yall !  Let me know with a simple yea, nay, or so-so.

Well Reb it looks like we lose our 401k come the 1st of January and become a profit sharing business based upon salary. Now I gotta figure out what to do with my 401k. Cash it out? Can it be rolled over into a IRA? Getting tired of rumors and ready to get some damn answers. 

5 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

Well Reb it looks like we lose our 401k come the 1st of January and become a profit sharing business based upon salary. Now I gotta figure out what to do with my 401k. Cash it out? Can it be rolled over into a IRA? Getting tired of rumors and ready to get some damn answers. 

Roll it into an IRA! Don't touch it until you Retire; Early withdrawl is Not your best, Stonerooo......😳

5 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

CarthDawg is right.  Cashing the 401K is last resort.  Back against the wall.  Only to make bail.  Go IRA and forget it.

• Thanks 1