6A D2 R2 Bi-District: Beaumont West Brook at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-1) vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins (7-2)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

38 minutes ago, Quick said:

Lmao!!! This notice you just put out, gave me flashbacks to my high school days when the principal would randomly make an announcement in mid-day over the intercom and then you just hear him displacing the call abruptly as the button is released in haste. 

A few people always tend to know what's going on, some pretending not to know what's going on and the truly clueless left scratching their heads and shrugging their shoulders in amazement as they look to their peers for insight.

fPhOFbN.gif

• LOL! 3

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Our side of the region begins tonight with Round Rock Stony Point meeting Manor tonight in Pflugerville. Will be there, despite knowing we probably wouldn't see either team if we were to advance.

That was a train wreck.

Pfield is a pretty nice venue but man alive, even though Stony Point absolutely destroyed Manor tonight (and it could've easily been way worse than the final score was)...both of these teams should get absolutely wrecked by Collins if they're as good as everyone says.

just gotta say most seem to be pretty confident about a comfortable win tonight.  I think this will be a uncomfortable win at best and you better believe they can beat us.  Westbrook offense is really good when clicking and givens torched us and this Elia kid plays like him. The more I see of him the more he scares me.  They will come fired up and we have to put their fire out.  No room for mistakes especially early in the game.   If this team can play woodlands tough for 3 qtrs they can play with almost anyone(I know woodlands had 2 key starters out).   What scares me is this game coming down to special teams with the wind tonight.  We better not play for the field goal it won't be there that will get us beat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobouno said:

just gotta say most seem to be pretty confident about a comfortable win tonight.  I think this will be a uncomfortable win at best and you better believe they can beat us.  Westbrook offense is really good when clicking and givens torched us and this Elia kid plays like him. The more I see of him the more he scares me.  They will come fired up and we have to put their fire out.  No room for mistakes especially early in the game.   If this team can play woodlands tough for 3 qtrs they can play with almost anyone(I know woodlands had 2 key starters out).   What scares me is this game coming down to special teams with the wind tonight.  We better not play for the field goal it won't be there that will get us beat.

Amen. Bro! It's just hard for me to be confident after what I have seen against BETTER competition. This ain't the 2008 & 2009 team and man o' man do I miss them even more. They DOMINATED. PERIOD. And, we just don't have that type of lethal balance of run vs. pass as we did back then. 

Even after the John Tyler game a few weeks ago,  a lot of their fans also noticed that something just AIN'T quite right with this Lobo group. They weren't impressed even in a losing effort and told us, this ain't the same Lobo team that we're use to in year's past. It's about like listening to your car idle and you notice that small hiccup it does every 30 seconds or so. Some people will hear the hiccup in the motor and swear it's nothing wrong and keep on driving. 

Then there are some like myself that recognize/identify the small hiccup early on, refuse to gamble and address the issues behind the hiccup and fix it immediately. Me personally have seen the "check engine" light on several miles ago BUT............ I ain't the driver either. 

We are all riders and the driver doesn't have to listen to us and he won't. The unfortunate thing is, whenever we break down, we are broke down together sweating on the side of the road wondering what IF we had've addressed that small hiccup and that "check engine" light a long time ago.

8 minutes ago, Quick said:

Amen. Bro! It's just hard for me to be confident after what I have seen against BETTER competition. This ain't the 2008 & 2009 team and man o' man do I miss them even more. They DOMINATED. PERIOD. And, we just don't have that type of lethal balance of run vs. pass as we did back then. 

Even after the John Tyler game a few weeks ago,  a lot of their fans also noticed that something just AIN'T quite right with this Lobo group. They weren't impressed even in a losing effort and told us, this ain't the same Lobo team that we're use to in year's past. It's about like listening to your car idle and you notice that small hiccup it does every 30 seconds or so. Some people will hear the hiccup in the motor and swear it's nothing wrong and keep on driving. 

Then there are some like myself that recognize/identify the small hiccup early on, refuse to gamble and address the issues behind the hiccup and fix it immediately. Me personally have seen the "check engine" light on several miles ago BUT............ I ain't the driver either. 

We are all riders and the driver doesn't have to listen to us and he won't. The unfortunate thing is, whenever we break down, we are broke down together sweating on the side of the road wondering what IF we had've addressed that small hiccup and that "check engine" light a long time ago.

I think we can all agree they don't make cars like they used to.  ;)

• Like 1

Just now, in10sz said:

Not that I'm much for jumping ahead...but I saw if we win we play next weekend at Lobo West..(Kincaid)???!!

Kincaide yep. Next Saturday if we win. Was same case last season too.

Just arrived in Longview. It’s definitely warm, very windy too.

1 hour ago, in10sz said:

Will need constant updating tonight as I am out of town. This game is as important a game as we've played in a long time.  We just need to show up and play serious Lobo football.  If we do, we win!! That simple!!  Go Lobos!

I think they are streaming it live on internet somewhere

I thought this would be obvious:

But don't try and come on campus to line up during school.

Some people are already trying to do this. You're going to be turned away. School is out a little after 4 so just wait about 30 minutes and you'll be good to go.