6A D2 R2 Bi-District: Beaumont West Brook at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-1) vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins (7-2)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

1 minute ago, Matthias said:

Don't be so modest RJ...   right before kickoff I seem to recall you predicting it would be 45-21.  ;) 

Indeed...modesty isn't one of my strongsuits. 👍 

For awhile it didn't look like that finality would materialize but alas the Lobos came through in the 3rd quarter just as they have all season long by dominating with 5 consecutive scores in the second half.

Thank you for the kudos...Matthias !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

The WB coach tried to post some inspirational stuff on Twitter, but it struck some Longview folks as trash talk. Not really nasty trash talking, but rather confident. To be honest, I actually liked his posts. But this was followed up by some rather aggressive trash talk from WB fans. Most of which looks like it's been deleted.

I can't speak for anyone else's experience but when I posted a couple joking references to the coach's grammar (using the official LISD Twitter account),  I had some WB fans sliding into my DMs talking mad s#!&. 

I can't chase down all of the Twitter threads, but I think this is the one that started it: 

I guess the scoreboard took care of it. I can't fault their HC for doing that. It's what they're suppose to do. 

• LOL! 1

On 11/18/2017 at 9:51 AM, RandyJohnson said:

THIS wasn't very far off either...lol !

Longview's defensive front was stellar in controlling the LOS. They had 9 tackles for loss and continually harassed Elia most of the night. Elia was "credited" with 15 carries for ZERO yards and overall West Brook totalled only 80 yards rushing on 34 carries.

Next the Lobos offense definitely displayed balance with 248 rushing and 191 passing.

Finally, the special teams blocked an extra point,  Chris Kessler never allowed the Bruins to return a kick off as he boomed them all night. He was also perfect on all six extra point attempts and Longview punted only one time the entire game.

In the end the outcome wasn't close...

Props to your prognostication ability.

7 kickoffs and 1 punt for zero return yards.  Puts special in special teams.