6A D2 R2 Bi-District: Beaumont West Brook at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-1) vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins (7-2)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

I think this game will be close the west brook offense is good.  Elia is mobile and experienced and if he is on they are hard to stop.  Lobos need to get ball first establish the run and not let Westbrook get momentum.  If Westbrook makes a lot of mistakes lobos win by 2-3 scores  assuming we don't make a lot  of mistakes.  if Westbrook o is clicking lobos by 7-10 points.   This is a pretty tough first round matchup.

19 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

If yall can pass the ball yall will blow the game open. I will admit: WB is still bipolar, I don't like those kinds of squads. But yall will win. 

Same team that had The Woodlands on the ropes for most of the game.

Same team that let Lufkin just embarass them.

Im with you BG.  Bi-Polar team but when they are on just look at the results.  Points a plenty.

Better shut the door Lobos or you are liable to be watching from the house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silsbee92 said:

Same team that had The Woodlands on the ropes for most of the game.

Same team that let Lufkin just embarass them.

Im with you BG.  Bi-Polar team but when they are on just look at the results.  Points a plenty.

That Elia kid is legit man. One of the best QBs I've seen this year. Wish he had a better OL for him and Jones. But that D is meh. 

14 hours ago, silsbee92 said:

Records of team West Brook has beaten this season: 3-6, 3-5, 4-5, 1-8, 6-3, 1-8

Oak Ridge is the only team with a winning record was Oak Ridge. Outside of that, they haven't beaten anyone with even a pulse this season. So, is it's them being bipolar or is it just because they get beat by teams that are clearly above average teams?

There's no doubt Elia is beyond talented. But I have no doubt we'll find a way to slow him down.

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

Records of team West Brook has beaten this season: 3-6, 3-5, 4-5, 1-8, 6-3, 1-8

Oak Ridge is the only team with a winning record was Oak Ridge. Outside of that, they haven't beaten anyone with even a pulse this season. So, is it's them being bipolar or is it just because they get beat by teams that are clearly above average teams?

There's no doubt Elia is beyond talented. But I have no doubt we'll find a way to slow him down.

Lol WB has been bipolar for years, trust me I know, used to be district mates. Nothing has changed in that program except coaches, and this coaching staff will get outcoached by Longview. 

• Like 1

Some stats on West Brook:

West Brook
Interceptions - 5
Fumbles - 12-9
Penalties - 52 for 502

Opponents
Interceptions - 2
Fumbles - 11-5
Penalties - 34 for 260

Score by Quarter
Beaumont West Brook:
1st - 98 | 2nd - 112 | 3rd - 81 | 4th - 48 | Total - 339
Opponents:
1st - 33 | 2nd - 74 | 3rd - 50 | 4th - 54 | Total - 212

Rushing -
Jones (693 yards, 10 touchdowns), Elia (619 yards, 7 touchdowns)

Passing -
Elia (1208 yards, 17 touchdowns)
Johnson (401 yards, 7 touchdowns)

Receiving -
Simon (609 yards, 10 touchdowns)
Ward (115 yards, 7 touchdowns)
Simpson (307 yards, 4 touchdowns)
Jones (227 yards, 2 touchdowns)

West Brook stats are obviously going to be a little off compared to Longview's with them only playing 8 games...but their penalties are really interesting to me.

In 10 games, Longview has yet to hit 500 yards in penalties. And that's with a 10 penalty game against Mesquite and 12 against South Oak Cliff.

West Brook is averaging nearly 63 yards in penalties a game this season. Really need to take advantage of that this week.

15 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

That Elia kid is legit man. One of the best QBs I've seen this year. Wish he had a better OL for him and Jones. But that D is meh. 

THIS quote tell me alot about West Brook.

While Elia is a fantastic QB and definitely capable of making big plays which we'll probably see a few from him it's his OL that will play right into one of the Lobo strongsuits...the defensive front seven.

Also the "meh" D comment catches my attention as well. Longview's offensive balance over the last half of this season has been effective if nothing else.

Finally, the Lobos special teams play has been stellar and a clear difference maker that West Brook won't have an answer to respond. 

IF the Lobos can simply limit their own mistakes then this one won't be close.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2017 at 12:56 PM, Matthias said:

Lobos...  but it's gonna be closer than expected. 

Am I the only one that thinks that the lobo's will go off on wb, defense will tune Elia up and offense will run rampant on the bruins? OK, it don't matter, Longview is better than people give them credit for, and probably gonna show it this week.. One bad week in a season does not define it. Lobo's been getting better every week in different areas of the game and people's aren't seeing it. Feels as if the complete package is almost here... Oh well, we'll see this week.. Been hearing about o line injuries all year, well poo, you line up a center, two guards and a couple tackles and add a Tight end or two and you run over people, and when they load the box you throw over them... Ain't rocket science and Mr King don't need to be a scientist.. You run the ball, you throw the ball and you catch the ball.. And on defense you kill the man with the ball.. And in my opinion the special teams will be what break the bruins backs.... And Mathias you may be right about Carter and the wildcat, and young king doesn't seem selfish at all, and in the end its about winning and team play may be key in accomplishing this goal. I'm predicting a 21 point victory for the lobo's and it really won't even be close, Longview will quietly and methodically wear wb down and that will be that... Yep, bout all I gotta say about that.. 

• Like 2

It really wasn’t even one bad week. It literally was one bad quarter. We outscored them 34-21 in the 1st/3rd/4th quarters, and it’s not like they ever took their first team out. And they were still trying to score in the final minutes of the game if you remember, with our defense putting up a goal line stand in the final 30 seconds as their first team kept trying to score.

And not saying we didn’t lose the game or anything, but one quarter decided that Horn game. We’ve had some not so good looking quarters this year of course, but we’ve only really had one horrendous game ending quarter this year and that was it. 

I do think that quarter has quietly changed everyone’s perception of this team, fan wise and state media wise for whatever reason. But it definitely doesn’t define this team. They’ve built from it and become a much better team for it thankfully. It’s the only thing you can hope for in that situation and they’ve done it well. 

I think this week the most important thing is to win the turnover battle, and just play Lobo football. Our special teams is MUCH better than West Brook, in every phase. Heck, they just kicked their first successful field goal all season last week. Our defense is much better than theirs. They’ve played two less games and worse teams overall (record wise at least with two 1-8 teams). Yet they’ve given up more points than we have. Just can’t have another turnover night like the Horn game. 

• Like 1

It may be a blowout. Longview is definitely good enough to do it at home, but i think they deserve more respect then they are getting on here. That Elia kid is good enough to keep it close and change the game.....if he plays well and has help from his recievers and also Oline. I could be wrong, but I’m still predicting a close game. Turnovers, not tackling well and bad special teams by Wb could definitely turn it into a blowout though. 

Outside of last year I feel the same way I feel every year about our chances.  In our region there isn't one team that we can't beat.   Klein Collins and spring Westfield look to the the best both undefeated and can ball but still not world beaters. Our challenge is maintaining focus EVERY SINGLE DAY and being disciplined in the little things and come game day show up and execute.  But usually what happens when we get to those games is we have a bad game(combined with great effort from other team) and lose by just a few points in most cases.  Usually comes down to one special team play or turnover.  If this team wants it we can win our region and get to the semis at which point we MIGHT face a team, whether it be desoto or whoever,  that is that much better but if we get there we got a shot because of lobo pride!   After all we are 2-0 against desoto recently!