6A D2 R2 Bi-District: Beaumont West Brook at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-1) vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins (7-2)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the lobo's will go off on wb, defense will tune Elia up and offense will run rampant on the bruins? OK, it don't matter, Longview is better than people give them credit for, and probably gonna show it this week.. One bad week in a season does not define it. Lobo's been getting better every week in different areas of the game and people's aren't seeing it. Feels as if the complete package is almost here... Oh well, we'll see this week.. Been hearing about o line injuries all year, well poo, you line up a center, two guards and a couple tackles and add a Tight end or two and you run over people, and when they load the box you throw over them... Ain't rocket science and Mr King don't need to be a scientist.. You run the ball, you throw the ball and you catch the ball.. And on defense you kill the man with the ball.. And in my opinion the special teams will be what break the bruins backs.... And Mathias you may be right about Carter and the wildcat, and young king doesn't seem selfish at all, and in the end its about winning and team play may be key in accomplishing this goal. I'm predicting a 21 point victory for the lobo's and it really won't even be close, Longview will quietly and methodically wear wb down and that will be that... Yep, bout all I gotta say about that.. 

Chain, don't pay no attention to me. I'm a Johnny-come-lately to the Lobo Nation, and a shameless poor-mouther at that. We could be lining up against the Cushing JV and I'd be worried about establishing the running game and how we can stop the pass. 

But I would like to see AC involved in the offense early and often. :woot: 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

It may be a blowout. Longview is definitely good enough to do it at home, but i think they deserve more respect then they are getting on here. That Elia kid is good enough to keep it close and change the game.....if he plays well and has help from his recievers and also Oline. I could be wrong, but I’m still predicting a close game. Turnovers, not tackling well and bad special teams by Wb could definitely turn it into a blowout though. 

Has nothing to do with respect.

We all remember the drive home last season. We all know how good they are.

I see nothing wrong with stating we should win. We should’ve won last season and let it slip away due to a late unforced fumble that should’ve happened. 

I don’t think it’ll be Lufkin 50-7 bad. No one expects that. But I do believe we are at least two scores better.

40 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Has nothing to do with respect.

We all remember the drive home last season. We all know how good they are.

I see nothing wrong with stating we should win. We should’ve won last season and let it slip away due to a late unforced fumble that should’ve happened. 

I don’t think it’ll be Lufkin 50-7 bad. No one expects that. But I do believe we are at least two scores better.

Both teams at their peak, Longview is 3 scores better than Westbrook IMO.

• Like 1

Wouldn't disagree.

I think if Longview continues to play as it has the last couple of weeks, they win this game going away.

I have no doubt West Brook is a solid team, with an above average offense. They also are a team that will be traveling as long as they've traveled this season, a team that makes a ton of mistakes and a team that has a below average defense.

Lobos just need to play Lobo football. This team has had some slow starts throughout the season. Last two weeks, we've allowed teams to score first before shutting them out the rest of the way. I don't think we'll get that lucky this week but who knows. If Lufkin can dominate them at their house, there's no reason Longview can't do the same but I'm not expecting a dominating performance.

Just get the win. Continue to improve. Continue to get as healthy as we can get. See what happens.

46 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Wouldn't disagree.

I think if Longview continues to play as it has the last couple of weeks, they win this game going away.

I have no doubt West Brook is a solid team, with an above average offense. They also are a team that will be traveling as long as they've traveled this season, a team that makes a ton of mistakes and a team that has a below average defense.

Lobos just need to play Lobo football. This team has had some slow starts throughout the season. Last two weeks, we've allowed teams to score first before shutting them out the rest of the way. I don't think we'll get that lucky this week but who knows. If Lufkin can dominate them at their house, there's no reason Longview can't do the same but I'm not expecting a dominating performance.

Just get the win. Continue to improve. Continue to get as healthy as we can get. See what happens.

Collectively. WB offense is average. Elia makes it above average and I have seen this kid a few times live  his talent jumps off the field.  However, if you have a solid defensive game plan, you can control what he brings to the table.

All these posters talking about how they stayed with The Woodlands was not at that game. The Woodlands were without a couple of star position players and WB only managed to score 13 points on offense, all in the first half  the last to came on a kickoff return after The Woodlands took the opening Drive of the second half and scored

I agree if the Lobos play a solid game it should not be any issues with them winning going away. Remember last year, the Lobos were up 10 in the 4th, only to shoot themselves in the foot. Just like they did that entire season. 

Different Lobo team, at Lobo stadium.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 6:50 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Will never stop guaranteeing that we don’t give up 9 touchdowns to a single guy. 

The amount of points that would require us giving up....we haven’t done that since the 30s.

Only way that happens is if we go to overtime. Any other way, and well we better have had fired our defensive coaches the second that game ended.

When was the last time the Lobos gave up 9 TDs to anyone?

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

When was the last time the Lobos gave up 9 TDs to anyone?

I'm going to venture to say never.

We've only ever allowed enough points for 9 touchdowns about 5 times in school history (including PATs).

10/28/1922 vs Texas High (107)
11/17/1920 vs Palestine (92)
??/??/1916 vs Rusk Academy (79)
??/??/1921 vs Atlanta (66)
10/22/1920 vs Gilmer (65)

Maybe the Texas High game in 1922? But I haven't been able to find a single report of the game. I still have to travel to Texarkana one weekend to see if I can find anything from their side of it.

The most I have someone ever scoring against us is four touchdowns, which has happened 7 times.
http://longviewlobos.bravehost.com/misc/meetingrecords/individual/totaltouchdowns/4.html

4 hours ago, jbabi86 said:

4 hours ago, jbabi86 said:

Different Lobo team, at Lobo stadium.

THIS one sentence sums everything up as far as Longview is concerned.

The Lobos are 62-5 under John King at home. That's a 93% win percentage.

Also the Lobos may very well get the services of their power RB back on the field.

IF that happens then there will be yet another weapon for West Brook to have to deal with when Longview lines up on offense ;

Lufkin definitely should be in quarters this year. Their side of the bracket is fairly full of winnable games.

Longview, I said they were a quarters team before the season started. But that would require them to beat a very, very good Klein Collins team in the 3rd round. Longview would really have to earn that win.

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Lufkin definitely should be in quarters this year. Their side of the bracket is fairly full of winnable games.

Longview, I said they were a quarters team before the season started. But that would require them to beat a very, very good Klein Collins team in the 3rd round. Longview would really have to earn that win.

You think we can beat Westfield? 

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

It's "winnable".

I’ve seen them and i agree, but i wouldn’t say definitely right now lmao. I want to see us get over that first round hump first. Heath is a tough team and we’ve struggled in the past when we’ve had playoff games at Abe. However, I think we’re good enough as a team this year to be there. 

• Like 1